PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Black-Saturn's Menu Planner

Options

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    Options
    Chocolate mousse wihout eggs :j my dd will love it(allergic to eggs)Thanks.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thriftlady wrote:
    Chocolate mousse wihout eggs :j my dd will love it(allergic to eggs)Thanks.
    Its not as thick as a normal chocolate mousse but it's OK.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    catowen wrote:
    Black Saturn, thank you for all the effort you have made, making your meal planner, shopping list AND the recipes, im sure loads of us really appriciate all your hard work!!!
    I second that, :A I'm going to try choc mousse,stawberry mousse and the cobbler this week.the kids won't know what's hit them as we usually just have apples for pud.Thanks again Black Saturn.
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thriftlady wrote:
    I second that, :A I'm going to try choc mousse,stawberry mousse and the cobbler this week.the kids won't know what's hit them as we usually just have apples for pud.Thanks again Black Saturn.

I try and make puddings -even if its just stewing the apples because then we feel we have eaten well despite my small food budget.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • black-saturn
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Malt Loaf Recipe

Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Put 3 weetabix, 4oz sugar and 40z of raisins or sultanas in a mixing bowl and add 1 mug of hot black tea. Leave to soak until the mixture has gone cold. Stir and add in 2 eggs. Stir again and add in 4oz self raising flour and 2oz porridge oats (optional but if not using oats substitute for 2 more ounces of flour). Mix thoroughly and add to a loaf tin and bake in the oven.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • black-saturn
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I forgot to say too that you can make double of any of these recipes (except the pudding ones) and freeze them for another day.

We dont have this menu every week, week in week out. This is just what we had THIS week.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks very much for all the recipes Black Saturn, will be trying out the fruit cobbler for pudding - I've never ever made it, and I'm looking forward to the cobbler rising through the fruit!

Will also be off the sort out a malt loaf in a min - one of the children's favourites, so this'll be in tomorrow's lunchboxes!

Thanks very much!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Black-saturn

Thanks for sharing your meal plan for this week. Your recipes sound delish and love the sound of the cobbler and so cheap and easy too.....thats what I want to hear..LOL.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • black-saturn
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad everyones enjoying it so far. I enjoyed doing it and it also made me think more about what I was spending on what by writing it all down.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks so much Black-Saturn for taking the time and trouble to do this! Looking forward to trying the fruit cobbler!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure