Options

Comments

• hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 January 2012 at 11:50AM
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    I love the strawberry cream, by far the best, it's divine and very low carb.
    http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_protein

Oh now you tell me! I got the plain one and it's sitting in the cupboard unloved - along with that hoooge tub of psyllium stuff! <taps fingers>
    I'll come back to them one day. For now I'm just pleased that I'm doing okay on the diet front, and pretty good on the exercise front :)

Yesterday was another goodie:

B: Frankies
    L: P/cocktail
    T: A gorgeous saag curry I made from here, using diced turkey. Nom nom nom!! Oh, I had 1.5 little onion bhajis too (reduced in Mr Ts).

The idea was to use up a 500g bag of spinach I bought: failed on that front, but put as much as I dare in the curry and the rest in a nearby field for the rabbits (do they even eat spinach? lol). OH and boys scoffed up all my curry too. Theirs was accompanied by rice and Pashwari naan, and 1.5 bhajis too.

O: Tea, coffee, [STRIKE]5[/STRIKE] ~4.5 pints of water today (couple hot with green tea bag and lemon), a few sugar free sweets, think that's it...

Exercise: Fat burning belly dance workout (~1/2 hour), ~50 mins. Kriya Yoga. Oh and usual hour's doggie walk.

* Had a delivery from Avidlite, so have some Colac ketchup now :j
    Couldn't pay delivery charge just for that so had to order some other things :p Got some:
    'de Bron' wine-gums (nom)
    'de Bron' cola-gums (I bet they've had a filling or two out! :eek: )
    'Sugar Lessss...' Blackcurrant & Liquorice sweets. (Good, if a little small)
    'Jok'n'Al' Reduced calorie Raspberry Jam Spread (not tried.. not been to Asian shop to buy flax and grinder to make bread yet.. )

Oh heck! Just went to get Avid web address and it kept coming up with an annoying domain registration thing, so found the wine gums page to link to instead... in so doing, discovered that the sweetner in them is Maltitol, which is apparently not a good one..... :mad:
    Oh well, still gonna eat them, but possibly not get more... :(
    Also: Net carbs per 5 piece serving (25g) = 4.4g. I must've had that much yesterday. Tsk. School[STRIKE]boy[/STRIKE]girl error!

Oh, had a few M&S orange/lemon drop sweets on weekend too. In a little orange/yellow box. Nice :)

/waffle

:wave:
  • schoolhouse
    Options
    Thanks Mazzers. Not too expensive either.:beer:
    Thats me clinking shakes with you of course..not beer..never beer:rotfl::rotfl:
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    Some advice please LC-ers......the Atkins bars- are they any good? I'm struggling with my breakfasts and thought one of those might be a good and quick alternative to bacon, eggs etc.
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sofababe wrote: »
    Some advice please LC-ers......the Atkins bars- are they any good? I'm struggling with my breakfasts and thought one of those might be a good and quick alternative to bacon, eggs etc.

Depends what you mean by 'good'. Good to eat? I think so. I find that an Atkins Day Break bar is sufficient for an 'on-the-go' breakfast if I didn't have time, forgot, didn't have anything suitable in, etc.. Rather yummy actually. At 2.1g net carbs, it's not a bad 'occasional' brekkie :) Health-wise I'm not sure, but they look okay to me...

I also have some Atkins 'Endulge' bars for when I get an evening sweet craving. I find them rather expensive, so don't have them often. They're rather 'nom' too, and at only 1.8g net carbs a good alternative to a normal choccie bar/dessert. The sweetener in them does mostly seem to be 'maltitol' though, which isn't the best choice of sweetener, but for an occasional 'fix' they're okay.

Popped on to edit my previous post with a couple of things: dog walk, and annoyingly, water, since I knocked some over this morning, having left it on the window sill last night.. guess there was maybe half a pint in it... :o
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

I weighed myself. I have put on 7lbs :eek: in just over a week!

So no more peanut butter, reduce the amount of cheese i am eating and NO REAL PIZZA BASE or beer or sugar in my tea on a weekend!

I have oopsie in the oven for the rest of the weeks breakfasts (with a tiny tiny tiny bit of jam as forgot to look for reduced sugar) and pizza base on friday.

b - ham and cheese
    l - mince and veg
    t - chicken and salad

snacks - ham, celery, gherkins

Best get to housework and burn off a bit extra fat.
  • sofababe
    Options
    hannoja wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by 'good'. Good to eat? I think so. I find that an Atkins Day Break bar is sufficient for an 'on-the-go' breakfast if I didn't have time, forgot, didn't have anything suitable in, etc.. Rather yummy actually. At 2.1g net carbs, it's not a bad 'occasional' brekkie :) Health-wise I'm not sure, but they look okay to me...

I also have some Atkins 'Endulge' bars for when I get an evening sweet craving. I find them rather expensive, so don't have them often. They're rather 'nom' too, and at only 1.8g net carbs a good alternative to a normal choccie bar/dessert. The sweetener in them does mostly seem to be 'maltitol' though, which isn't the best choice of sweetener, but for an occasional 'fix' they're okay.

Popped on to edit my previous post with a couple of things: dog walk, and annoyingly, water, since I knocked some over this morning, having left it on the window sill last night.. guess there was maybe half a pint in it... :o

I suppose what I meant was do they keep u full till lunch? I grabbed one to try for lunch today, expensive aren't they? £1.99 each:eek: It was an Atkins Advantage chocolate decadence bar 2g carbs. I had it 2 and a half hours ago and I still feel full. I struggled with it to be honest, it was very chocolatey, but tasted artificial, the sweetener I'm guessing. I'm not a huge choccy eater anyway so the Daybreak ones might be better for me, but I can't get them here in town, I'll have to order them if I decide to go for it.

Hannoja, which callanetics dvd do u use? I think I need to up my exercise and like the look of this as its low impact, I can't do much leaping about/running due to my knackered knees. There seem to be quite a few dvds available, so a recommendation would be awesome :)
  • beanrua
    beanrua Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    Staying focused and trying to plan ahead so I don't get caught out and end up filling myself with hc.
    b - porridge
    l - ham sandwich, lc bread
    d - lentil loaf, topped with cheese, onions, mushrooms
    sofababe - re breakfast - what about porridge - it really fills you up and it can be made the night before or it comes in instant packages. Or yogurt - from Lidl - 2.8carbs per 100g - with few berries.
    nuttybabe - don't give up you'll get there.
    Treat the Earth well,
    It was not given to you by your parents,
    It was loaned to you by your children.
    Masai proverb
  • sofababe
    Options
    beanrua wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Staying focused and trying to plan ahead so I don't get caught out and end up filling myself with hc.
    b - porridge
    l - ham sandwich, lc bread
    d - lentil loaf, topped with cheese, onions, mushrooms
    sofababe - re breakfast - what about porridge - it really fills you up and it can be made the night before or it comes in instant packages. Or yogurt - from Lidl - 2.8carbs per 100g - with few berries.
    nuttybabe - don't give up you'll get there.

My box of porridge says 25.3g carb per sachet :eek: thats too high for me.
    I'll have to keep experimenting I think. I struggle to eat breakfast at all to be honest. I'm not hungry when I wake up so I have to force myself to eat every morning.

Prior warning that I'm falling off the wagon big time tonight. I've had no boiler all day and I'm freezing cold :( Its just been fixed so now I can leave the house to get food (been waiting in for engineer) all that's open around here is the chippy or the pizza shop across the road. I'm so cold and miserable that all I want is nice hot food so I'll write today off and wake up with a bit more positivity in the morning.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    sofababe wrote: »
    I'll have to keep experimenting I think. I struggle to eat breakfast at all to be honest. I'm not hungry when I wake up so I have to force myself to eat every morning.

Me neither, i grab a handful of almonds and a slice of ham to take to work.. or have a lc shake, lovely in the warm weather if blitzed with ice cubes.. i have a tsp of psyllium in mine too :p
  • sofababe
    Options
    I'm going to have to look into the shakes I think, any particular ones to choose and/or avoid?

I had my high carb takeaway:o To tell the truth it wasn't so amazing. It was nice and I'm glad I had it but I can't imagine I'll be in a hurry to do it again. Onward and upward!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure