Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Mazz. Something I should have mentioned is that I eat 10 eggs a week could this be doing it?

i sometimes eat 12-14 a week when lc-ing, im being hopeless atm but am trying ;)
    I dont think loads of cheese is recommended, anything that isn't just protein does have a carb count and should be controlled.. even salad supposedly.
    Dys wrote: »
    Low carb diets work. They tick most boxes. But when you want a lifestyle, rather than a diet look up the Paleo lifestyle.

That old adage that most dieters put on weight after they finish dieting... duhh well they would. Have a lifestyle and stay slim ans be healthy and Paleo is the most natural way to do it.

I have done low carb but was never lighter, stronger or as healthy as I am now on Paleo and guess what, I do not count calories, carbs, protein or fats. No need when the body regulates naturally.

Look up Robb Wolf, you won't regret it.

Thanks for that, will have a look, have heard about it a lot.
  • narabanekeater
    Options
    Mazz I am strict to 20g or as close as possible (23 at the very most) every day. Im 5 foot 3 and 9 stone 11 now. Post pregnancy a good 13 stone. Im just wondering which of the carb contents are correct with the veg as if im eating 200g od something believing it to be less that 3g on total and in reality its closer to 7 I can see where more than id like to be is creeping in if that makes sence. I dodnt eat chocs but do take sweetneers in my tea and enjoy some sugar free sweets at the weekend
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Low carb diets work. They tick most boxes. But when you want a lifestyle, rather than a diet look up the Paleo lifestyle.

I did. No beer.

No dice. :p
  • mazzers
    Options
    I did. No beer.

No dice. :p

:rotfl:

I've just looked too, way too strict, im not giving up dairy or tea and coffee or alcohol!

It has put me off gluten tho :undecided :think:
  • mazzers
    Options
    Mazz I am strict to 20g or as close as possible (23 at the very most) every day. Im 5 foot 3 and 9 stone 11 now. Post pregnancy a good 13 stone. Im just wondering which of the carb contents are correct with the veg as if im eating 200g od something believing it to be less that 3g on total and in reality its closer to 7 I can see where more than id like to be is creeping in if that makes sence. I dodnt eat chocs but do take sweetneers in my tea and enjoy some sugar free sweets at the weekend

It is hard to know the true carb count when different sites give different values, i would stick with a UK site though.

I have lost while having milk and sweeteners in my tea, sugar free sweets and some regular 80% dark choc.

Once i'd lost over a stone though i seemed to stop losing (on the scales) although i was getting smaller, dont give up, I wish i'd kept at it :(
  • beanrua
    beanrua Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    Met up with some long lost friends last night. Too many chips - but tbh it was too much wine that has me feeling a bit under the weather!!! but that was yesterday!
    To-day I've had
    b - toast and cheese
    l- soup
    d - hm cheesey lentil loaf thing which I'm hoping will last me quite a few days. I'll just use different flavourings/sauces with it.
    Going to re-double my efforts this week and lose some of the 8 lbs that is refusing to go away. Reading the posts on here is very good for keeping me motivated - thanks everyone.
    Treat the Earth well,
    It was not given to you by your parents,
    It was loaned to you by your children.
    Masai proverb
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Quick answer
    Variations in carb count often occur because UK ratings subtract the fibre content whereas US ratings have the two added together.

Hope you are all well n happy!

Must dash!

MXXXXXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Mazzers - i think i will try and put him on low cab without him knowing! :rotfl:

luckily i was organised and ate some cheese and chicken before i went to kids party as i didnt get back until 7.30. kids enjoyed themselves though.

so i have had my fajitas but i didnt have time to make oopsie (cant be bothered now) so am stuck on what to have for breakfast.

and a vodka seems to have found its way into my glass..... how did that happen!! :p
  • schoolhouse
    Options
    I have had an [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] ok day,it was good till I realised the carb count of the oat cakes I had been having my tuna mayo on...:o.
    Must try harder, though this is an improvement on all the cakes and chocs I have been living on for the last 5 months :eek:

Does anyone drink protein shakes? Hoping to use as an easy breakfast. I have been looking them up and there are so many out they and I be easily confused(especially when I have had no cake). Would anybody be able to recommend a good protein shake? Please and Thank you.:)
  • mazzers
    Options
    I have had an [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] ok day,it was good till I realised the carb count of the oat cakes I had been having my tuna mayo on...:o.
    Must try harder, though this is an improvement on all the cakes and chocs I have been living on for the last 5 months :eek:

Does anyone drink protein shakes? Hoping to use as an easy breakfast. I have been looking them up and there are so many out they and I be easily confused(especially when I have had no cake). Would anybody be able to recommend a good protein shake? Please and Thank you.:)

I love the strawberry cream, by far the best, it's divine and very low carb.
    http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_protein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport