Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Mazzers, that was me asking about heart burn. OH wakes up in the night choking on sick, he gets it so bad. I used to when i was pregnant but dont really have much of a problem now (unless i am really really really really naughty). Another reason why he should be on low carb. am wondering if i can put him on it without him realising!!! :p his breakfast cereal and milk is 25g, if i can get him low carb bread, he can have that for lunch and tea will be meat with a few home made chips and lots of salad. do you think if he stuck to 50-60g of carbs a day he could still lose?

yay, bathroom finished so will have my weigh in tomorrow.

todays food is

b - peanut butter on a spoon - all gone now so must make oopsie later for tomorrow
    l - mince and veg
    t - chicken fajita with luttuce as wrap, hubby will have 1 wrap but no chips as at a kids party so wont have time to do chips when i get back.

must have a snack before kids party as lunch is now, then all afternoon in toddler group and then party so dont want to be snacking on the party food. :p
  • narabanekeater
    Options
    Hi guys some advice if I may. Ive lost over 3 stone low carrbing with just a little to go now. This has been over about 6 months with a break for Christmas. Im now 9 stone 13 pounds and havent lost for a while. Ive got a feeling ive reached plateau (sp?) can anyone advise what I could do to give my body a kick up the bum re start? I stick as close to 20g carbs a day and on ocasion eat a few berries as a treat at night time.
    Another thing ive noticed is that I eat mainly frozen veg. Ive had some from Farmstores and the back stats from cauliflower 1.2g carrbs per 100g and 1.4 for Brocoli. Yet when I look online they say 3+g per 100g. Which is right please. Meanwhile I shall keep srining water. I do have lacro free 'milk' in my tea
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    nuttybabe wrote: »
    do you think if he stuck to 50-60g of carbs a day he could still lose?

:p

Depends on the individual, i can lose on 50g, some people more, some less.
    Try it out, he may lose weight on 50-60g.. his heartburn will prob go which will encourage him.
    Hi guys some advice if I may. Ive lost over 3 stone low carrbing with just a little to go now. This has been over about 6 months with a break for Christmas. Im now 9 stone 13 pounds and havent lost for a while. Ive got a feeling ive reached plateau (sp?) can anyone advise what I could do to give my body a kick up the bum re start? I stick as close to 20g carbs a day and on ocasion eat a few berries as a treat at night time.
    Another thing ive noticed is that I eat mainly frozen veg. Ive had some from Farmstores and the back stats from cauliflower 1.2g carrbs per 100g and 1.4 for Brocoli. Yet when I look online they say 3+g per 100g. Which is right please. Meanwhile I shall keep srining water. I do have lacro free 'milk' in my tea

Some people say eat more fat to lose.
    You will prob be getting smaller but not losing, i was, something to do with the fat cells so keep at it.
  • narabanekeater
    Options
    thanks Mazz. Something I should have mentioned is that I eat 10 eggs a week could this be doing it?
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    thanks Mazz. Something I should have mentioned is that I eat 10 eggs a week could this be doing it?

eggs are supposed to be a superfood now arnt they? i wouldnt imagine its the eggs unless they are bunging you up :o
  • narabanekeater
    Options
    lol im not bunged up. I have Mon-Fri breakie 2 eggs with 3 hot dog sausages (yuk I know whats its them honest) and I was just wondering if it was that. I do eat meat (mince and chicken sort of thing) and veg and cheese I adore cheese
  • schoolhouse
    Options
    Hello! Hoping to join you all with the low carbing. I did follow this way about 18months ago and it worked really well. So,hoping this will work again. Was meaning to start in the new year..better late then never eh?:o

Going to go back a few pages and catch up on what's been happening in this thread. You lot always have such fab tips.
  • Dys_2
    Dys_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Low carb diets work. They tick most boxes. But when you want a lifestyle, rather than a diet look up the Paleo lifestyle.

That old adage that most dieters put on weight after they finish dieting... duhh well they would. Have a lifestyle and stay slim ans be healthy and Paleo is the most natural way to do it.

I have done low carb but was never lighter, stronger or as healthy as I am now on Paleo and guess what, I do not count calories, carbs, protein or fats. No need when the body regulates naturally.

Look up Robb Wolf, you won't regret it.
  • Dys_2
    Dys_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Robb Wolf is an American whereas I live in the South of the UK... just in case anyone thought I was pushing my own stuff... I wish!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Low carb diets work. They tick most boxes. But when you want a lifestyle, rather than a diet look up the Paleo lifestyle.

That old adage that most dieters put on weight after they finish dieting... duhh well they would. Have a lifestyle and stay slim ans be healthy and Paleo is the most natural way to do it.

I have done low carb but was never lighter, stronger or as healthy as I am now on Paleo and guess what, I do not count calories, carbs, protein or fats. No need when the body regulates naturally.

Look up Robb Wolf, you won't regret it.

will look him up , i have got 'primal bue print' by mark sissons
    thats an excellent read , i just wish i had the push to follow it properly
    he also has a website www.marksdailyapple.com/ that maybe helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business