Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    nicka99 wrote: »

ps - why is it I never got bored of cereal ???!!!

i know what you mean i could eat buttery toast everyday till it came out of my ears :(

Im sure some people will be along soon with some fabby ideas

sunny :wave: glad your back , the keema mince sounds lovely - going to google it :D

Hannoja i have tried the cauli base ( a while a go ) and i seem to remember it had an 'odd' taste that i coudnt quite disguise with the topping :cool: i did use frozen cauli though

nuttybabe the oopsies with jam and butter sound nom :)

mazzers/ sweet come out come out wherever you are :D

breaky : bacon , cheese , 1 lc cracker
    lunch: covent garden chicken and creamed corn soup( needed eating ) was delish and i added cream with 2 l c crackers
    tea: chicken curry and green beans ( ditched the peas and sweetcorn when mazzers reminded me of their carb content :D
  • beanrua
    beanrua Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - back from hols - weighed myself this morning - no damage done - same weight as when I left. :) Will catch up on all the posts later. Hope everyone is well.
    Treat the Earth well,
    It was not given to you by your parents,
    It was loaned to you by your children.
    Masai proverb
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    sistercas, i am here, just lurking and not posting as i've nothing lc to say :( am enjoying reading though.

I could eat buttery toast all day every day too, in fact, i often did which is why i have a carb problem now i swear!!

Made the oopsies a long time ago but never cared for them, pity really as they are so versatile.

Nutty, i made a lovely pizza base from the lc bread dough.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To try and satisfy my craving for something sweet, Mrs G did some low carb baking last Sunday while I got on and washed cars, mended bicycles, renovated fireplaces etc. No gender stereotypes in our house, much. :p

The first was some peanutty biscuit things that were ok but nothing to write home about. The second was some almond cakes with orange zest in them. Very nice indeed. She made some more of those today along with ice cream and a pavlova base ready for tomorrow.

2hydugh.jpg

nlwvnn.jpg
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh yum Mr G :T

I'm trying to be lc and could murder some of those with a cuppa.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

It's been a busy week :)

Keeping to the good food but no change in weight so I think
    - maybe not having enough water
    - maybe not eating enough veg.

Will be improving these areas this coming week.

Today as the weather is marked for cold and rubbish I will be shopping local and doing housey things :)

Making a pan of turkey and bacon spicey winter stew - lots of chunky veg in there too :D

I have a hankering for egg custard tarts and think I may have come up with a way. Will let you know if this is successful.

Have a lovely weekend all!

MXXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    In a hurry so will try to be quick. Was contemplating going off sick today as T:female:m giving me a bit of a hard time, but moreso because I'm feeling rather down :( (Both parents ringing me with problems which I can do nothing about, among other things) A successful visit to the toilet really helped (tmi?) so better go and get ready soon.

Was good again yesterday, which was an effort again, especially on the exercise front, but:

B: 2 frankies 'n' sauce
    L: 2 egg omlette with 2-3 slices ham, Boursin, ~ 4 Brazils
    T: Couldn't really be bothered.. a peperami and an Atkins Endulge crispy milk chocolate bar (1.8g Net carbs)*.

O: 2 T's, coffee, not enough water ~ 3 pints, one with 'no added sugar' blackcurrant, which I'd guess at 1 carb...
    No alcohol, even though I really could have done with some!

Exercise: 20 mins. Zumba (wii), 48 mins. Kundalini Yoga (made me feel a lot better!)

*Not sure how they get this: in a 30g bar:
    14g carbs, of which sugars 1.5g, of which polyols 13g, of which maltitol 13g....... Wouldn't that make it 1.5g net carbs..? <confused>
    I read here recently that maltitol is bad (under the 'sugar alcohols' heading), so I might not get the (expensive) Atkins choccie bars anymore...
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mazzers keep posting lc or not otherwise we miss you

i have gained a pound and a half :( gutted because i have really tried , dont know if its the macadamia nuts or the tiddly amount of dark choc i had :cool:

so this morning for breakfast i thought [EMAIL="bu&#64;&#64;er"]bu@@er[/EMAIL] it and had a crumpet with butter :o
    back on it again now

i have ordered some of the vital wheat stuff , cant wait for it to come to try the recipe - i NEED bread

oh well keep plodding on
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Still here.. should've left nearly an hour ago.. car's sick :(
    Phoned work and asked for day off: couldn't get an answer for 20 mins...!! Eventually got someone who I know hasn't taken a liking to me...... they're busy apparently, though I'd managed to get through to someone else in another dept. earlier who said they weren't.. so I said I'd be in when car's fixed. OH's doing it now. Luckily it looks like it's something that won't cost anything.. hose to water supply leaking: he can just chop offending part off and re-attach... hopefully....

Oh dear. I managed to get over feeling down and was just about ready to go when he said that it would take longer. My Mother's phoning me quite regularly lately with the latest argument her and my Dad have had. He phoned me too telling me he's at the end of his tether with her: she can hardly walk but won't go to the doc. Would seem to need a hip replacement, but her mother died after having the same op so she's afraid to go. They're miles away and I feel so helpless!

Also could have done with another day or two to do a bit more on this pigsty of a house (boys, dog, broken things, things needing work, etc..) before all OH's family come round tomorrow to discuss his Mum's passing, arrangements, etc..

Meh.. life throws some muck at you sometimes doesn't it.

Thanks, feel a bit better now :o
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps :wave:

freezing here again today BRRR!! i was covered in snow last night after walking the dogs - thankfully it didn`t settle but it was very icy this morning. Dad only lives quite a short distance away and didn`t get any!

Just back from MrM`s with a lovely food haul, will go to Ald! on Monday for more lc goodies. I didn`t need half what i bought really but some of the offers were too good to pass up especially when lcing :D

Gloomendoom - Recipes? Pretty please *grovel grovel, beg beg*:D

Sistercas - The mince recipe is on the GC menus list and i replaced the diced potato with swede, added a few slices of pepper and also added some balti curry powder and it was NOM! will do the same again next time that i make it. If you are going to make the bread from food.com then i wouldn`t add the 2 spoons of splenda as it makes it too sweet, i add three quarters of a level spoon and thats just right for me.

Mercy - OOOOO egg custard *drools* i could live on those :D

Hannoja - I have my fingers crossed for some good luck for you and your family soon!

Today i have mostly eaten - beef, cheese, mayo, gherkins and extra hot horseradish sauce :D

Later tea will be chicken & veg. DH will have a jacket spud with his and some carrots too. I think that we may be eating quite a bit of chicken this week as i have two :D First they were part of an offer at the local Co-op and i bought a whole one and some breasts and some mince (3 for £10) and then they were half price when i took Dad shopping so i bought another. I did notice yesterday that the Co-op ones were all dated for today so i was going to sneak back down and grab a bargain if they were reduced but don`t need to now. I need to force myself not to go :o I love bargains though :o I confessed to DH yesterday that we have almost two thousand teabags stashed :p I will never buy them full price and always stash em away when on offer lol.

Right i`m off to check on the first chook that is roasting away in the oven :D

Have a great day peeps :wave:

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills