Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    edited 23 January 2012 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Thanks Mercy, it must be a lot of work for you x I'm busy working on a lc key lime pie but it is not right yet. I'll PM when it is, crust is great just having to tweak the topping. On a plus note it is using the huge bag of YS limes I got last week :)

Mazzers- Great news about your neighbour from h*ll & the electrics :T Keep using the lamp & staying positive, it will work in the long run, either that or spring will come :D

Nuttybabe- The jeans just got tight in the wash, they will be fine in a day or two;)

Sofababe- Sorry to ask such a personal thing but is it about to be/or is your tom? :o It has that affect on me.

Hannoja- Sounds like you had a lovely day & at least you can see the bright side that you saved £12 on dessert :A:D

Well I've only just turned the works laptop off since 6.30am, hard day so left me stressed & hungry. Ended up sending OH for wine & Indians:mad:
    I'll report the consequence of this tomorrow. Please, please not 6lb like last time.:(
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to buy a new set of scales tomorrow, analysing ones that tell your body fat and water. They may not be as accurate as posh ones at the gym but at least they'll tell me if its going down. I don't belong to a gym, I can't afford to tbh, but I have a job that keeps me moving all day and I walk at least 40 mins a day to my clients and back.

I also need to get some decent shoes as I always wear Converse and they're too flat apparently. I have fallen (well, falling) arches so I need some more supportive shoes that have a heel that is higher than the sole. More expense:( but it will make my legs feel so much better. I'm in constant pain in my ankles and knees atm due to the state of my feet and the way I now walk. I used to walk so fast that people would ask me to slow down to keep up with me, now I get overtaken by limping pensioners!!!
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will keep up the 'diary' here, since I think it helps :)

Yesterday was a strange one.. OH had bad news about his poorly mother. My mother phoned me with more upsetting tales, I spent too much 'unproductive' time in the bathroom* :o, resulting in feeling tired/lethargic :(, till eventual success helped somewhat (Phew), T:female:m came to visit, and there was still gin left...

B: 3 frankies & sauce
    L: few cubes of cheese, ~ 4 Brazils,
    T: Didn't really bother. Couple bites of a Lidl 'peperami-type' sausage thing, about 4 of the boys' fries,...

O: Peperami, ~4 pints water (had 2 hot with a green tea bag and lemon), cup of tea, cup of coffee, think that's it..

Exercise: Hour's dog walk, ~1/2 hr Arabic fat burn belly dancing, 42 mins. Yoga.

*Dunno how that happened after an Indian...... usually has opposite affect.. certainly did on OH... :huh:
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Pink Princess - ah, of course, thank you for reminding me! :p Hubby is always complaining i do that to his jeans as well! :rotfl:

Sistercas - thanks, will have a lookie later.

Mercy - thank you for doing that.

Still cant weigh today although hubby found the scales and has put on all the weight he lost last week over weekend. so he is not happy. but i did try to explain that no matter what diet you are on, if you spend saturday and sunday (and friday night) eating whatever you want and drinking then you will put the weight back on!

today i am having

b - peanut butter on a spoon
    l - rest of leftover pork with veggies
    t - sausages (2 carbs each) with veg or salad. not sure yet.

Morrisons have half price chickens at the moment so will get a few of them for freezer.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning all

mercy thanks for collating all the recipes - an onerous task i would think

Pink Princess looking forward to the key lime pie :j

breakfast : ham fried mushrooms and a lump of chedder, tea with a spot of milk

lunch : salad with prawns ( and a little marie rose sauce)

tea : not sure as out between 3 and 8 pm may have to take some stuff to snack on
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Well-all still going in right way!fat mass (total kg fat on body)21.6 kg was 21.9 on Saturday...HOWEVER total water in body-48.5kg-WAS 47.7....So my curry & chappatti & popodums DID have an effect of putting on around 0.8kg water...

So all going in right direction-not too fussed what scales say cos water WILL go.....21.6kg body fat is lowest yet!
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone
    Sofababe- try not to fixate on your weight, how are your clothes fitting? Often during stalls you can still lose cms around the waist :)

Nutty- What does your oh like to eat? Fav savoury meals and snacks & alcohol? We can suggest close meals/snacks etc that are lower carb.

Well my binge cost me 2lb :(

I'm away for a night with work now as well so eating is difficult, except brekkie :)

Hope every one is doing well, catch up tomorrow if possible x
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 January 2012 at 2:39PM
    Options

Well my binge cost me 2lb :(

Oh dear. Really? I hope mine didn't do that much damage....... I can't believe you said it was 6 lbs last time....? :eek: A step in the right direction then, eh! :p Never mind. We keep trying. That's the main battle... <nods and tries to look convincing>

Was good yesterday:

B: Atkins day break bar whilst walking chops
    L: slice of ham wrapped up in chilli cheese 'crisp' (not crispy! lol). Yum. Oh and a peperami with a bit of Boursin (herb/garlic, and also a pepper one. Yummee)
    T: 2 Asda gluten free sausages, grilled, and half a little swede (rough cut, microwaved with butter and pepper). Was niice :)

O: 2 cups of tea, cup of coffee, 4 pints water (1 with a green tea bag and lemon), a gluten free sausage (late night snack :o ).

Ex: Doggie walk, 10 mins cardio, 1 hr Callanetics, 15 mins Yoga.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

my food today:
    b - peanut butter on a spoon
    l - mince and veg with cheese on top
    t - green pepper stuffed with mince and salad

Pink Princess - thank you so much. I need all the help i can get with him. Although you are setting yourself a huge challenge!! :p

this is his usual food

b - cereal
    l - cheese sandwich and packet of crisps and apple sometimes
    t - roast with roast potatoes, veg and yorkshire pudding/meat with chips and salad/pizza/sweet & sour chicken with noodles & prawn crackers/fish in batter with chips

veg he will eat - cabbage, broccolli, cauli, lettuce, cucumber, raw pepper, raw carrot, i do occasionally try him with other stuff but he will try it and not like it.

he wont eat - mince, anything in a sauce, pate, cheese on veg, any other veg not listed above, eggs other than the occasional omlette

he doesnt really eat much cake or biscuts unless they are shop bought ones and i dont buy them. every meal he has is accompanied by potato or pasta (although he suffers the pasta once a week).

drinks are coffee with sugar, he likes beer and cidre but has kind of stopped them. he does still drink wine on a weekend but is happy to just drink jack daniels and pepsi max (we have 4 bottles so should last a week or 2 :rotfl:)

last time he did low carb i made him bread, cooked fry-ups for breakfast (he cant have these now as heartburn problems which may go if he low carbs), i even bought the flovoured syrups to put in his coffee and they got binned. he does have cream in his coffee on low carb and i have sweetner if he wants it rather than sugar. i also bought a potatoe substitue which was vile!

obiously the low carb bread will do lunch and hopefully the dough will make pizza dough.

i should also point out that i dont work now (3 kids) so cant waste money on stuff like did before. and i cant afford to feed him steak! and i try to give all of us the same but i have more veg/salad and no potatoes etc.(except when me and kids have mince, then he does have something different)

good luck :D
  • BLUEBIE
    BLUEBIE Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I haven't posted on this thread before but was wondering if anyone could help.

I was thinking about doing a low card tandoori mixed grill type this for tea one night, othere than tandoori chicken and chicken tikka does nayone have any idea what else i CAN DO.

Also was just going to use a ready made paste for them, can anyone recommend one they have used?

Thanks

B
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family