Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Why not do seekh kebabs? Minced lamb...chillis, diced onion, garlic & whatever spices you like! Grill until brown. Use full fat greek yoghurt with grated cucumber (squeeze liquid out) & add alt/chilli to taste as a side dish raita...
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Crumbs. It's quiet 'round 'ere....... <peers about>

Wii fit tells me I've put on a pound over the last week, but considering I had a naughty weekend.. (eating-wise!) - at least in the evenings, and T:female:m is visiting, I don't think that's too bad...

B: 2 chilli frankies & reduced sugar/salt ketchup
    L: prawn cocktail, lettuce, chilli flakes
    T: yummy fried mixture: cabbage, swede and 2 Asda g/f sausies, with chilli flakes.

O: 2 T with Alpro, 2 coffee w/cream/sweetener, ~ 4-5 pints of water (couple with green tea back and tsp lemon juice), late Asda g/f sausage :o, 2 squares of 85% choccie.

Exercise: Dog walk, hour's wii fit.

Lol the wii also said my age had gone up 15 years from last week.. :eek: I did it again after my hour's exercise and it had gone down 5 years again, so still under my age, but still 10 years more than a week ago.. It goes on your [STRIKE]weight [/STRIKE]real age and balance basically.. take it with a pinch of salt really.. Still, it's nice when it reports that you seem younger :)

Erm.. seem to have forgotten to post this.. still sitting in preview about 4 hours later :doh:
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    Nutty- That is a challenge, but I love them. I'll get on to this Sunday!

Hannoja- I'm sad enough to like the wii telling me I'm younger as well:rotfl: Some reason makes me feel good, I don't care when it says I'm older :p

I'm so tired from travelling, going to have a nap. Catch up later x
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    I've lost that pound I put back on :j:j:j

I've got the constipation used sorted (rhubarb is a superfruit in my book!!)
    And I've cut back a little on the amount of fat I'm eating, a little less cream, a little less cheese etc. I'll see if it's working over time I guess. I'm going to celebrate with a couple of cans of G&T :o
    I think I deserve it as I had to have a smear test this morning.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    aaahhhhh i lost my post! :mad:

Pink Princess - hes a nightmare! :p I hope you do better than me finding stuff.

I think i have found a solution to my pizza problem without having to buy in special things. http://www.apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/showthread.php?t=5230 will make it later and have it with my tea tonight. and let you know.

b - peanut butter on a spoon
    l - mince and veg
    t - turkey mince and veg with above

i am so excited about maybe solving my pizza problem! how sad :rotfl:
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps :wave:

i`ve finally got time to catchup with you all, i`m awful lately and i`m still addicted to the hot choccy i`m afraid :o

Mazzers - Great to hear that the leccy problem is fixed - :eek: regarding the live cable! Hope that the house next door sells quickly :D

Hannoja - That indian food sounds lovely, in fact so nice that i read your post twice :D Sorry to hear that both yourself and OH have had bad news, hope that all is ok at your end x

Well i`m trying to be good (apart from said choccy) and i`ve just put an enormous pot of keema mince in the slowcooker for later, we will be eating very late tonight which i hate doing but as soon as DH is home from w*rk we have to go straight out to deliver a bday pressie and it will be around tennish when we get back. I`ve been home about 20 mins and have the usual chores and errands and then i`ll hop in the shower.

I make the keema mince with diced swede instead of potato so that its lc friendly and there should be enough left for another meal too so may just have the same again tomorrow as i`ll be busy all day despite it being my day off.

Brekkie was scramblies , mushrooms and smoked salmon, found the salmon in the freezer as a Christmas leftover :D

Dinner was cheese, corned beef and pastrami and tea will be the mince later, DH can have naan bread with his so no extras to make.

I was actually considering having a couple of weeks off to use up some of the freezer stock but i haven`t decided yet. I think that i`m just becoming a bit fed up as my motivation is rubbish atm - doesn`t help that lady flo has arrived and i`m like a blooming barrage balloon atm :o

Pink Princess - I think that i`m going to work my way through your slowcooker recipes soon as they all sound good :D Thanks for sharing them all with us.

Keep up the good work peeps, catch ya later :wave:

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • nuttybabe
    Options
    Sunnyday - i had to go cold turkey on my 'special hot choc' :D was very warming though!! :D

i made the oopsie stuff. not sure if it will be a good base for pizza as its very soft and fluffy. didnt really taste of anything. but very nice spread with butter and i can imagine with jam and squirty cream! :p i will definatly make more of it. i made a batch and split it in 2 to cook. i have eaten 3/4 of one half of it! :o mostly covered in butter :o. might try and make a sandwich or cheese on oopsie tomorrow. i really dont think it will last until tomorrow tea for pizza! :p

so, again, i have the problem, do i have normal pizza for tea or make more of this soft base. as i cant weigh myself to see the damage of last weekend i think normal pizza will win! at least until i get the scales back. but on the plus side i havent eaten any choccy tonight even though i really wanted to! :rotfl:
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on resisting the choccie nuttybabe :)
    Regarding the pizza, I can't remember if you said whether you'd tried the cauliflower pizza base...? I keep meaning to, as apparently it's great...

I was good yesterday. Doing exercise was such an effort, as I had tummy pains and reeeally didn't feel like it. Was toying with the idea of making a ham salad sandwich instead, so that would've been diet and exercise out of the window! :eek: But I managed not to. Once I got started it was fine :)

B: 2 frankies
    L: Prawn cocktail
    T: A Peperami and a slice of ham with Boursin. About 4 Brazil nuts. Oh and about 4 good forkfulls of tuna (some with a bit of sweetcorn) whilst making the boys' PTS (pasta, tuna, sweetcorn). A couple of pasta tubes may have slipped in too :laugh:

Other: 2 T, 1 coffee, about 5 pints of water (2 green tea/lemon), uhm... think that's it..

Exercise: 20 mins Strictly come dancercise :D, hour's Callanetics.

Thanks for your thoughs Sunny. OH's mummy passed away, so communications lines busy with his (large) family. Things may be a little different for a while. Mine has problems but won't go to the doc. Her and Dad argue quite a lot too, still, which doesn't help. She plods on though and was in good spirits when we chatted on the phone yesterday (lives miles away).
  • nuttybabe
    Options
    Morning all

hannoja - i have tried the cauli pizza base. i think its meant to be done in microwave but i dont have one so grilled it. might give it another go, thanks. that exercise dvd looks really good. i might have to get that! sounds like you are going through a tough time. hope you are ok.

Bit of a warning. Do not put the oopsie stuff in the a toaster. it doesnt crisp, it stays soft so you cant get the stuff back out! :mad: Although common sense should probably have told me that before i put it in :o but after getting it out, it was nice warm with butter on and then i put on a small amount of jam as only have normal jam and oh my god! i am adding sugar free jam to my shopping list next week. it was lovely lovely lovely.

food for today

b - oopsie with butter/jam on
    l - mince and veg
    t -pizza :o (will have cauli base if i have all ingredients)

snacks - oopsie with peanut butter on (got to try that), oopsie with butter & jam on.

infact i think its time for a cuppa and a snack :p
  • nicka99
    nicka99 Posts: 153 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2012 at 1:56PM
    Options
    morning all !
    Im one of the few (its appears) men on this forum and have been low carbing since start november (with xmas and new year off!) and so far gone from 15st to 13st 7lb. first week I felt horrible (I kicked caffeine at the same time so dont know if it was that or carb withdrawal or both) with fairly rapid loss which has tailed off to 1-2 pounds per week.
    I started by following this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0091917336 but quickly just did my own (similar) thing along with tips from this forum which seem to be working just fine. the only problem I really have is breakfast. my menu selection normally consists of either:
    - 1 slice burgen bread with kippers or frankfurters or mattesons smoked sausage
    - scrambled eggs with ham & cheese
    - omelette with him / cheese / mushrooms
    - sausages (cooked night before) with mayo & burgen bread
    however Im completely bored with this and want to expand the selection a bit - I dont have long to prepare anything complicated or extended cooking as need to get to work and sort the kids breakfast/schooltime so needs to be quick & easy. does anyone have any more breakfast tips they could share ??

thanks,
    nick

ps - why is it I never got bored of cereal ???!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure