Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    I just had some of the Asda Gluten Free 97% pork sausages for dinner and they're really yummy :j I had been using Debbie & Andrew's Harrogate sausages which are also good. Earlier this week I found some sausages in Co-op that were high meat/low carb but they weren't so nice. Asda ones are 2 for £4 at the moment too.

Last night I had a serving spoon of stewed rhubarb with a good dollop of extra thick cream and it was delicious. Rhubarb is 0.8 g carbs per 100g :T
    This morning, well lets say things were easier than they have been of late :o Rhubarb may be the new prunes :rotfl::rotfl:
    I had some more tonight so I'll find out tomorrow if it was coincidence or what.

B: Cheesy omelette
    L: Handful of peanuts and about 45g gouda
    D: 3 Asda saussies with cauli & broccoli cheese

I also had 2 cans of the ready mixed G&T:D
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Hey peeps!

Quick thought. I'd like to do a poll.

Would anyone like me to add recipes currently flying about to the recipe list on page one?

I'm happy to do it and it will make them available to all at anytime.

I wouldn't want to annoy anyone by just doing it so I need your feedback :)

cheers
    MXXX
    That would be great Mercy XX :T
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    fab idea :T

pink princess how did the pavlova go ?
    We have just ate it and it is yummy, yummy, yummy. Filled it with whipped double cream with added slenda (Cheap version) and some vanilla essence, topped with berries.

The egg yolks were turned into vanilla icecream for tomorrow, so no waste :)
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We have just ate it and it is yummy, yummy, yummy. Filled it with whipped double cream with added slenda (Cheap version) and some vanilla essence, topped with berries.

The egg yolks were turned into vanilla icecream for tomorrow, so no waste :)

ooh lovely :T:T
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Merlin never really appealed to me, then one night my little boy talked me into watching it.. I fell in love with it. We are now working our way through it from the very beginning.. How come I never found Morganna so annoying before..? Is she over-acting..? laying on the evil grins just a bit too much...? or is it just me...? Didn't notice so much when she was good, nor evil, but this 'pretending to be good whilst learning to be bad' thing is.. ick

Ahem, sorry... Merlin is nothing to do with lcing is it.... helps to take my mind off eating though! :p
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    hannoja wrote: »
    Merlin never really appealed to me, then one night my little boy talked me into watching it.. I fell in love with it. We are now working our way through it from the very beginning.. How come I never found Morganna so annoying before..? Is she over-acting..? laying on the evil grins just a bit too much...? or is it just me...? Didn't notice so much when she was good, nor evil, but this 'pretending to be good whilst learning to be bad' thing is.. ick
    :p

Never watched Merlin but in all the King Arthur tales I've read she's either misunderstood (girlie version) or really quite evil (bloke version) It's like Yoko Ono all over again :rotfl:

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!

It's nice to see a good few supporting my recipe collating idea. :j

If anyone doesn't want me to use theirs do pm me and I wont. I ask as when I first did the list one member went and deleted all her recipe posts so some links didn't make sense. Luckily I had saved most of them :)

Ok then. I've not been around for a goodly while until recently so I've likely missed much. Please let me know any post numbers (with page numbers too, please) which have recipes on that you want me to include.

You can pm me it doesn't need to clutter up the thread.

I am so into this LC ideal way of eating!

Pink Princess - you need to post the pavlova as a proper recipe so I can include it. It sounds so good! Be nice to have it in our armoury :)

Thanks for all the support, you guys are lovely :)

MXXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    I tried meringues once.. they turned out to be just 'oopsies'
    wasn't overly keen icon13.gif

I've been lurking as i'm being bad and dont want to drag anyone down with me.

back soon hopefully!

Yes for me on the recipes mercy.
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »

I've been lurking as i'm being bad and dont want to drag anyone down with me.

back soon hopefully!

Thought that might be a possibility ;)
    Never mind. You'll get back into it when you're good and ready. If your mind's not in the right place it just doesn't work does it <hugs>

Sunny's lurking too... <peers>

I was baad last night.. I might even be too embarassed to put everything I scoffed after a few G&Ts.... :o :eek: Some of it was lc though, hehe. I do allow myself to slip on the weekends, so I'm not too worried.. Managed to only slip a tiny bit on Friday, so not too bad.

B: forgot so had an Atkins Day Break bar late
    L: prawn cocktail
    T: fried pork pieces, mushrooms, onion, d/cream, w/wine, seasoning

Other:......... ahem...... you ready for this....? :o
    Peperami, couple slices cheese, slice German salami, slice ham, couple handfuls peanuts, 3 frankfurters!, ~half a dozen crackers (couple of Tesco poppy/sesame thins, ~ 4 'snack 'n' cracks'), a scone with jam....

Oh and I tried some of PPs 'cheese crisp': grated a big chunk, was about a couple of handfuls, spread it on a small tray, sprinkled with chilli flakes, ate about half of it. Yum.

Had about 4 pints of water during the day, usual cuppas. Oh and Gin and l/cal tonic.. the cause of the naughtiness :naughty:

Exercise: None, apart from some walking about from here to there, etc.. Don't tend to do any on the weekends.

Day off today, so gonna take chops out for a walk. Try and make up a bit for last night. Hehe.

Later peeps :D
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2012 at 9:37AM
    Options
    Hi all!

Went to the gym yesterday. Good (but a little odd??!) news re: weight & bodyfat mass! Last Sat I Had 22.7 kg fat mass ....midweek I had 21.1 kg fat mass & this saturday I had 21.9 kg fat mass....so overall 0.8 kg LOST but a gain from midweek??? How odd! HOWEVER my total water weight last sat was 49 kg it's 47.7 kg this sat...so water retained by good old fat cells is going (a positive thing to anyone stalling...it can hold water from week 2 to 4/5 before water wieght lost as body adjusts to fat burning not carb burning). my total weight (after breakfast & ahem...(!) all number ones & two's allowing 0.5kg for clothes) WAS 89.7 (obviously different to my home measuring-no clothes on-pre breakfast & apres number 2!)...now 87.1...(think this shows my home scales are a bit out-making me heavier..!)...TWO POINT SIX kg lost--so overall going the right way. Feel fitter too & can run faster!

For me (& i know we all vary & sometimes it ain't as fast for the ladies) this way of eating is fab as even with the odd vodka or 10 it makes no odds to the weight??

Ok...my curry experiement. Last weekend had a takeout & ate one chapatti -didn't seem to notice any gain/bloating. Had one last night-starter of lamb tikka, chicken tikka , seek kebab & 1/2 bhajji ...1 papadom each (depending where you look its 3.5-5.8 carbs/papadum)-no mango chutney but onion relish/yoghurt sauce (a little), main of afghan lamb (no sugar-hot & savoury), mushroom bhajee & 1 chapatti (100gm in weight).

bearing in mind I'd had 9 carbs that day already I worked this out to be approx 60-65 carbs (chappati is 48 gms/100g) so my total approx daily intake around 75....?!!! No bloating at all! And a few voddies....(!)

This am-ONLY 0.2kg gain.....& that might NOT be a gain as weighed after a cofee (I normally weigh before a coffee-& a cofee is around 300gms in weight).......ketostix this am still purple (perhaps 1 notch down from normal).

Recipes-yup-whack them at the front. Great plan.

Low carb ice cream pp-recipe if you please???? Also...the low carb bread recipes you guys are making with wheat gluten....do they toast well & which slice best to freeze?

Have a good day all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport