Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Rather irritating, most men lose weight very easily when they switch to LC!

Sorry! It was a post on MSE a while back saying the same thing that got me thinking about LC.

I am a bit sceptical about big numbers in the first week. It's fat I'm trying to lose, not weight. If it any consolation Mrs G is doing it as well and she hasn't lost anything like as much as me.
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Gloomendoom...it IS water 1st 2 weeks +some fat. I stalled from 2 weeks-4 weeks, then theFAT comes off regularly.WATER IS A PAIN....but worth doing. http://www.low-carbdiet.co.uk/carbcount.asp?id=19 shows carb contents of things-even macdonalds! Vodka by the way is ZERO carbs!
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry!

Not your fault!

It was a post on MSE a while back saying the same thing that got me thinking about LC.

I am a bit sceptical about big numbers in the first week. It's fat I'm trying to lose, not weight. If it any consolation Mrs G is doing it as well and she hasn't lost anything like as much as me.

You have to lose the water as part of the readjustment of your body to the new WOE.

I like to keep an eye on measurements as well as the scales. If you're losing inches off your belly, your health will be improving daily.
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in a try it and see mood, I've just popped a pavlova in the oven made with just egg whites, splendar & vanilla essence. Let's see if it works. Any one tried it before?

Now I'm racking my brains what to do with the egg yolks. Maybe a frozen custard or I might attempt a creme brulee type thing.

I'll have a think, I have no clue what will come out of this kitchen today:D
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For those chocaholics amongst us. I've just found that Sainsburys taste the difference 85% 5 choc bars in 1 pk, is only 17g per 100g. Thats well good!

For all those, don't know what to have snacky moments, Sainsburys do 60g bags of macadamia nuts which are only 3g carbs per bag, full of healthy fats, vita and mins. Handbag size, if hungry while out shopping and only high carb options about.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey peeps!

Quick thought. I'd like to do a poll.

Would anyone like me to add recipes currently flying about to the recipe list on page one?

I'm happy to do it and it will make them available to all at anytime.

I wouldn't want to annoy anyone by just doing it so I need your feedback :)

cheers
    MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I'm a happy low carber!

Eating well!

However I've just had the most lovely time this afternoon with a good friend. 2.5 pints of Strongbow were consumed :o Sometimes you just gotta let it roll.

I KNOW that any alcohol will kill off my good behaviour and that there's a high carb content to (yummy) cider. I also know that to go mad at the weekend will result in yoyo weight situ. But heyho! Onwards and downwards (weight / fat wise) I am doing very well for me :):D:rotfl:

Am now on lime soda - maybe a little voddy later.

Breakfasted well on last of mex fudge so was not tempted to eat anything. Bought a roasted chicken off the market so easy meals for me (and the cats if they're lucky) tonight and tomorrow :j

Have high ambitions for Sunday. Making Ceylon curry over squashed cauli for lunches, roasting a pack of asda gluten free sausies (simply a TRACE of carbs :rotfl:) and maybe cooking up another bacon/chicken/veg spicy stew - again for lunches or anytime.

Also have the makings of a mex fudge in the fridge for later in the week. I have to watch for making more than I can eat so will likely do that weds. Only takes 10 mins prep :)

Keep on keeping on, good people. :j Everytime you make a good choice foodwise - you make a good choice for your health. :beer:

Much love to all
    MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Hey peeps!

Would anyone like me to add recipes currently flying about to the recipe list on page one?

cheers
    MXXX

I think that is a brilliant idea and I would be very grateful if you would do that. Make it alot easier for me :D

well, i had pizza last night. back to being good today and had bacon, eggs and tomato for brunch and cheese and peanut butter (not together) for snacks. I think tea may be a bit high carb though and i know the beer i just opened is. but, ah well, it is saturday. :rotfl:
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey peeps!

cheers
    MXXX

fab idea :T

pink princess how did the pavlova go ?
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2012 at 10:16PM
    Options

Have high ambitions for Sunday. Making Ceylon curry over squashed cauli for lunches, roasting a pack of asda gluten free sausies (simply a TRACE of carbs :rotfl:) and maybe cooking up another bacon/chicken/veg spicy stew - again for lunches or anytime.

Also have the makings of a mex fudge in the fridge for later in the week. I have to watch for making more than I can eat so will likely do that weds. Only takes 10 mins prep :)

Keep on keeping on, good people. :j Everytime you make a good choice foodwise - you make a good choice for your health. :beer:

Much love to all
    MXXX

Yes, I've seen these mentioned a couple of times here. Forget by who sorry.
    We have an Asda near w*rk so finally got myself some today. Can't wait to try them.. possibly all at once! :eek: :rotfl:

I MUST look at that Mex. fudge recipe that you keep mentioning. Keep seeing it and intending to, but just haven't yet...... :o

Done pretty good today, though OH had made me some pork/mushroom fried thing that must've had about a litre of cream on it.. I think I may start to meow soon!

Won't update yet, since G&T is being consumed, OH is dozing on the sofa, Jeremy Clarkson has finally shut up and been replaced by the much [STRIKE]less unpleasant[/STRIKE] more pleasing tones of Kevin McCloud, and things are seriously looking up. Who knows what delights await me in the kitchen later. Has to be something nicer than the brussels sprouts from Christmas that I found earlier............. :eek: sick0021.gif:rotfl:

I'm off to possibly have a little play of an online game, then watch some much-craved Merlin; or possibly just Merlin... decisions decisions....

Purrrr!

EDIT: Oh forgot to say. I agree too Mercy. Fab idea re. putting stuff on first page! Big thumbs up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure