We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

Asda are doing British 1.5 kg chickens for £2. Got one today, tis stuffed with LC sausies and nearly done! Would've bought another but freezer too full :(

B - 2xcrispbreads, cheddar. pork scratchings for break
    L - spicy veg n gammon stoo
    D - chicken and mayo on 2xcrispbreads with salad.

Am giving up pasta, rice, bread, etc for Lent. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Big love

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Er, I thought elephants had good memories?! :rotfl:

It wasn't the tarragon chicken, think it was a re-heated chicken curry that wasn't re-heated enough?! Remember it made her sick, whatever it was!! _pale_

Btw, that soup sounds yummy, mazzers :T
    I missed this post, must've posted when i wasnt looking.

I meant you, memory like an elephant, never forget a thing do you, must watch my P's and Q's in future.

Mines like a bloody sieve.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    I missed this post, must've posted when i wasnt looking.

I meant you, memory like an elephant, never forget a thing do you, must watch my P's and Q's in future.

Mines like a bloody sieve.

Mine's like cartoon Swiss cheese :D
    Yellow and full of really big holes. :rotfl:
    Though not as smelly. As far as I can tell...:eek::rotfl::eek:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • fruitycar
    Options
    newcook wrote: »
    I forgot to ask - I have been having a nose at the soups (I love soup!!!) and was wondering if anyone knows a rough carb count to the BNS soup?!?!

thanks!

carb grams per 100g according to my food bible nutrition charts
    butternut squash 8.3g/100g
    yellow pepper 5.3g/100g
    onion 7.9g/100g
    carrots 7.9g/100g
    olive oil 0g/100g
    cabbage 3.9g/100g
    veg stock?
  • Infidel
    Infidel Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering if it's possible to buy peanut butter that's just made from peanuts without all manner of other crap being added to it (sugar, palm oil, vegetable oil, salt etc.) I don't want to have to give up yet another foodstuff in my current health quest.

If so, where from? Thanks.
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Just wondering if it's possible to buy peanut butter that's just made from peanuts without all manner of other crap being added to it (sugar, palm oil, vegetable oil, salt etc.) I don't want to have to give up yet another foodstuff in my current health quest.

If so, where from? Thanks.

Wouldnt think you would get one purely made from peanuts, i imagine the oil is there as a binding ingredient. Even the Whole Earth one has Palm oil:eek: Vegetable oil:eek: and salt in it. You could probably make it yourself in a blender then you can control the ingredients, maybe use groundnut oil in place of the other scary oils.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel good...nah nah nah nah nah nah
    I knew that I would ....nah nah nah nah nah nah nah
    so good...... so good..I feel fine.........

Morning all. :D
    I woke up feeling quite positive today (that doesn't often happen). I even (whisper it) considered the thought of going to the gym. :eek: I'm not though. :rotfl:(But that's the first time in years I've even thought about the gym in a less than negative, threatening way. :D) I have no suitable gym kit anymore, but I'm thinking I might see if I can get some stretchy leggings and a big t-shirt in case the urge grabs me again one day, lol.
    I need to spend today in the loft tracking down electric cables. I suspect a previous (dodgy) electrician has spurrred off a spur instead of running the proper cable so I'll need to find out for sure before I do anymore plasterboarding. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. :( All this DIY business is as much exercise as the gym!
    I finally got some chicken gravy. Yay! Had to go to the main Tesco a 50 mile round trip away mind you. I was in town buying other stuff anyway so it wan't too bad. I got a ready made one to try first and a packet one to stick in the cupboard so I'm pleased I can liven up my chicken a bit now, it was becoming a bit boring.
    Mercy..what's the spicy veg/gammon stoo thing? Sounds like it might be something I might like. Is it in the recipe list or is it a new one? Will go check the list in a mo...and I'll probably answer my own question, lol.
    Have a happy Tuesday everyone. :D

ps...sneaked a look...another pound gone.... :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Ooops, I get you now!! :doh: :o I might have an elephant-like memory (& backside), but I'm a bit slow on the up-take sometimes!! :rotfl:

aliasojo wrote: »
    I woke up feeling quite positive today (that doesn't often happen). I even (whisper it) considered the thought of going to the gym. :eek:

Who is this stranger in our midst?! :rotfl:

ps...sneaked a look...another pound gone.... :D

I'll give you a sneaky yaay then!! :T:shhh:

Morning all :hello:

Woke up starving this morning but am now nicely full after a mega-omelette :) Don't think I drank enough fluid yesterday so need to try harder today.

Today's menu:
    B - 2 egg cheese/mushroom/mixed pepper/ham omelette
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese, BNS soup
    D - chilli/bog concoction with cauli mash & green beans??

Tis lovely & sunny here so might try & fit in a walk at some point, before the forecast snow arrives later!!

Happy low-carb days everyone :wave:
  • fruitycar
    Options
    waaah, my pressure cooker died last night :( I'm off to freecycle, see you later.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, yum, i had sweets brekkie from yesterday, two boiled eggs and crispbread soldiers. i cut into four as advised, perfect, thought they would have shattered when cutting, but a bread knife and sawing action did do the trick (i think the butter helped matters too) really enjoyed it.

Have made a madras for the boys and a butter chucken curry for me for after work.

Dont whisper Alias, shout it :D

I shouldnt have weighed as i felt 'heavier' and sure thing, was a lb heavier, for no apparent reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport