Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Havent drunk nearly enough water though!

Ha! Feels smug as drinking biiiiiiig glass of water right now. :p:D
    mazzers wrote: »
    Christ, memory like an elephant, what happened, i'm curious now.

Me too. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    I have lost 2 lbs this week (18.5lb in total since xmas :T)
    :o)

That is really good going, hope i can keep it up and see that kind of result.
  • mazzers
    edited 21 February 2010 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Just had a bowl of soup and some cheese, this is the best soup yet, whole BNS peeled, two yellow peppers, whole onion, two organic carrots, roasted in olive oil, then whizz with cabbage (used outer leaves and middle, the rest went for dinner ) boiled in veg stock, add extra water to get desired consistency, is fab and made a huge panful.

BTW, last time, i tried nigellas idea of not peeling the BNS, but was not good, had to seive as had bits that catch in your throat (like tinned pea skins)

Not sure of the carbs, if someone wants to work it out feel free :D
    Cant be high as i've lost weight and it's been on the menu daily for two weeks ;)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Christ, memory like an elephant, what happened, i'm curious now.

Er, I thought elephants had good memories?! :rotfl:

It wasn't the tarragon chicken, think it was a re-heated chicken curry that wasn't re-heated enough?! Remember it made her sick, whatever it was!! _pale_

Btw, that soup sounds yummy, mazzers :T
  • mazzers
    Options
    Just a thought for anyone struggling to resist sweet things, i have been taking one acidophilus tablet every night as i read that overgrowth of yeast in the gut, when dying off, will make you crave sweet things to keep it alive, dunno if it's true but i haven't been craving since taking them, unusual for me.
  • crafty_gal
    Options
    Mazzer
    yes acidophilus is great it reintroduers "good bacteria into the gut" need to be kept in the fridge.
    When I learnt that at college I thought it was a greek guy
    Also take if give antibohtics..
    Blimey you wouldnt think I'd done a dregee course with my spelling.

also if suffering with Candida to take it, plus cut out all yeasty things and sugar
    such as wine, beer.. blue cheese mushrooms.... fruit..
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Just cooking bacon and egg, whoever asked about the tarragon chicken it was a Nick Nairn recipe i used.
    And last time i reheated chicken paprika i didnt heat it properly and made myself sick!

Have a great low carb day:D
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all. Nothing much to report today, just thought I'd say hi. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Just cooking bacon and egg, whoever asked about the tarragon chicken it was a Nick Nairn recipe i used.
    And last time i reheated chicken paprika i didnt heat it properly and made myself sick!

I knew it was chicken something that made you sick :o
    Will have a look at the Nick Nairn recipe, thanks.

Morning all :hello:

Back on low-carb today!! Got weighed but have decided not to 'fess up' & I'll just report when I'm back to where I was before the feeding frenzy, as I think it'll just confuse matters!! Don't want peeps thinking I'm losing loads of weight when it's just the same lbs that are coming on/off!! :rotfl:

Menu for today:
    B - 2 soft boiled eggs with 2 buttered low-carb crispbreads made into 'soldiers'
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese, BNS soup
    D - chilli/bog concoction with cauli mash & green beans

Living dangerously with the crispbreads today :rotfl: I'm hoping that there'll be a big enough gap between them as I'm expecting to have a late lunch today. Must remember to drink lots of fluid.

Brekkie was nice, didn't fill me up as much as an omelette though. If anyone interested, tis best to 'saw' the crispbreads to make soldiers. I cut mine into 3, but would probably have been better cut into 4 for ease of dipping!! :D

Have a good lcing day everyone :wave:
  • mazzers
    Options
    Woo hoo, choc brazils and strawberries :D

Very rustic i know, but they had to be double dipped
    to make the choc thicker,
    Be warned... a very messy job, even got some on my white duvet cover from my sleeves *rolls eyes*

014-3.jpg?t=1266837879
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport