We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• fruitycar
    Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Just wondering if it's possible to buy peanut butter that's just made from peanuts without all manner of other crap being added to it (sugar, palm oil, vegetable oil, salt etc.) I don't want to have to give up yet another foodstuff in my current health quest.

If so, where from? Thanks.

found this http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/583233_Meridian_Crunchy_Peanut_Butter__No_Salt__1kg.html

and this http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/12208181/Giles-And-Posner-Peanut-Butter-Maker/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:12208181|cat:Home

now off to kick myself up the **** and go and get working.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, that peanut butter maker looks great.

I wondered if my magic bullet would do the trick and hey presto, look at this. Brill
    Best appliance i ever bought!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTc26dqoaW0
  • Infidel
    Infidel Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    fruitycar wrote: »

Excellent! Is that just a tub of peanuts? :rotfl:

Now to see if I can find it on the high street................
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fruitycar wrote: »

That's still higher in carbs than the whole earth version, which is strange considering it's only ingrediant is peanuts.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boll*cks! Boll*cks! I knew things were a bit too rosy this morning! I've just sat with the jar of peanut butter and a spoon.

Why do I do these things? :mad:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mmmm, do love Whole Earth peanut butter, but not straight out of the jar with a spoon!! :rotfl:
    It's done now though, put the rest away & forget about it, what's done is done, move on!!
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    I do the spoon and jar thing.

I had a truly lush jar from one of the food fairs last year, American, just peanuts and salt. Looked really retro. Best dang peanut butter I ever had *sits on porch on rocking chair in dungarees and gazes at sunset*
  • zerodashzero
    Options
    Evening guys & gals! I was hoping re-start the low carbing this week (I'm off work for a fortnight) but it's not happened... yet. Maybe tomorrow... I still read this thread daily for motivation & inspiration though! (Everyone seems to be doing so well at the mo - well done!)

I've been reading up about nutrition lately (for the job) & a few books to help me with my homework arrived this morning. I've just started reading Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible & on page 16 something jumped out at me - "Raw peanuts contain enzyme inhibitors that make it difficult for your body to digest protein". After all the chat & giddyness about peanut butter up there ^^^ I thought I'd better mention it (I don't know if it's raw or roasted that get used for making into PB though). Hope I haven't rained on anybody's parade with that bit of info... *runs away to hide*
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Mercy..what's the spicy veg/gammon stoo thing? Sounds like it might be something I might like. Is it in the recipe list or is it a new one? Will go check the list in a mo...and I'll probably answer my own question, lol.
    Have a happy Tuesday everyone. :D

ps...sneaked a look...another pound gone.... :D

Hi hun

The stoo is a variation of this one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=25651109&postcount=4990

I just used gammon this time as meat portion and I lightly boil it separately first to get rid of some of the salt. Also only used the veg cube, not the chicken. Pretty much the same else. Was quite surprised I'd done the carb / cal checking too :) Must have had a little time on my hands :rotfl:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today's food

B - 2x crispbreads, sausies and a bit of cheese
    L - chicken korma on sqashed cauli
    D - will be lumps of chicken grilled with mayo and green beans, maybe broccoli?

That chicken from asda is v nice and really quite large. May be enlisting the help of the cats in its' demolition :) Sure they'll help out :rotfl:

Snowy again here in sunny Bolton, and very cold. BRRR!

Just a thought, the peanut butter made just from peanuts will have more carbs than the ones with added oils as the oils have no carbs.

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport