Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Daisy, glad things are getting back to normal for you.
    Welcome back :j

Must've been so stressful, but somehow you cope, you blimmin have to.

Best wishes to Cliff xx
  • mazzers
    Options
    Alcohol is not conducive to good lcing, thank gawd i had my flax sarnie to fall back on, coz stuff in the fridge was winkin at me.
    Had a great cheese sarnie and a pkt of pork scratchings.
    Not had a drink for a while so feeling a bit squiffy :o

I am going to keep a flaxbread thin in the freezer for emergencies, i almost caved tonight.

Night all.

Btw, i didnt get to have my steak!
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »

Big love to you Daisy, you don't worry about the diet, should imagine the stress will take care of any excesses. What you must know is that we love you and are always here. We want the best possible outcome for you and yours. All good (and slacking) low carbers are right behind you and sending good thoughts, I'm sure.

I may not post often but I do read and am indeed rooting for you Daisy. Good luck with the rehab - hope things get much better for you both soon.
  • Always_Harassed
    Options
    Good news on a couple of issues. Cauliflowers have started falling in price so I suppose the supply is OK. Got some sausages out of Sainsbury's yesterday (in the reduced bit - it is MSE) and they are very low in carb 0.9 per 100g. Brain is not working properly but think this works out at around .5 carbs per sausage. (350g for 6). They are the Sainsbury So range and are organic pork sausges. Currently cooking, better for me because they have fewer additives.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning :D

Daisy hope you and OH are ok x

had my oil and vits
    breakfast - scrambled egg and small slice flax bread ( thanks mazzers)
    not sure what else we are having today
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    I am going to keep a flaxbread thin in the freezer for emergencies, i almost caved tonight.

Well I did cave! :mad:

I'm bored out of my skull right now and last night it got the better of me. A huge bag of peanuts and half a bar of dark chocolate.

I honestly think that whilst I've got the life I've got....I'm stuffed. Food is the only thing that gives me anything for me iyswim.

I want kids I don't need to be glued to and I want a man who shows some affection. I'd also quite like some interests in my life. Until then, I have chocolate! :mad: How the flip are you supposed to tackle weight issues when everything else in your life is crap?!

Sorry, I realise this pales into insignificance compared to daisy's probs. :o Just wanted a wee moan.

On the up side.....all those nuts gave me the runs so the scales stayed the same this morning. :rotfl:

Have a happy day all. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    Options
    Alias dont give up, peanuts and chocolate aint so bad, i almost stuffed a pastie and crisps.
    At least you didnt go mad and have loads of bad things, once i cave i cant stop.
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Daisy - sorry to hear about your hubby :( I hope he's better soon xx

I started swimming again last night - I forgot how rubbish I was the first time around when I used to do it with school!!!! still though, its really good exercise and its free in brum at the moment!!

am still slowly going through freezer and getting rid of (eating :D) stuff that has carbs ready for the start of next month when I leap back on the LC wagon!!
  • mazzers
    Options
    Hello :)

Had a nice day even if it was just Ikea.
    Was snowing on the way but stopped by hometime.

Just made a burger in a bun with the flaxbread, found a round placcy container just the right size, was lovely, had burger, bacon, cheese, salad, sliced gherkin and mayo.
    Coupla pieces of nutty choc now with a cuppa :)

Was starvin all day after last nights wine, also craving sweet things, dont think i'll indulge in a drink again for a while.
  • crafty_gal
    Options
    Hi there,
    can I ask im not an egg person so for breakfast would a shake be ok I know you can buy the Atkins ones but is there another option say from Holland and Baret?
    I am just doing the celebrity slim cos its so easy not to have to think.. just now to kick start but will continue Low carbing when I end C S.As I belive it has to a new way of eating.
    any way look forward to reading your posts....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure