We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hello treen, That sounds a bit iffy you being 39% fat at your weight.

If you go lc you will diet away the fat.

Dont get excited about the coctkail..
    Its not alcohol, is a mix of oils that help with ketosis. :D
  • mazzers
    Options
    Focus, my cream cheese keeps ok.
    Me and my son are always digging into it though.
    I now buy the tesco value, is really nice.
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That looks and sounds lovely mazzers, everything that i cant have done lol anyway i will definitely try this one day but not just quite yet as im not ready to eat any nuts or oats. glad to know can still eat bread one day :)
  • sweetserendipity
    sweetserendipity Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers, yaay, well done on the bread!! woot.gif

It looks lovely, very yummy!! :drool:

Just had a look at some 'normal' bread to see how it compares & for Best of Both Thick slice (but not as thick as your's btw ;)) tis 20.2g per slice!! My Burgen bread (soya & linseed), which is in the freezer & is for emergencies only :rolleyes:, is 11.9g per slice, but it's only a very skinny slice!!

So, your's comes out very favourably & you can't beat the taste & smell of HM bread anyway!! :j
  • sweetserendipity
    sweetserendipity Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    my magic bullet (best gadget i ever bought)

Been thinking about getting one of these, think Shykins used to recommend them as well?? Can I ask where you got it from & roughly how much please??

Wonder :confused: if it freezes well

There's only one way to find out ................... fiiiiiiiight!!

Oops, sorry, doing my impersonation of Harry Hill there!! :o

I don't see why it wouldn't freeze?? Maybe just try one piece in a freezer bag & see what it's like when it defrosts - if it's gone soggy you could just toast it??
  • mazzers
    Options
    There's only one way to find out ................... fiiiiiiiight!!

Oops, sorry, doing my impersonation of Harry Hill there!! :o

I don't see why it wouldn't freeze?? Maybe just try one piece in a freezer bag & see what it's like when it defrosts - if it's gone soggy you could just toast it??

You sounded exactly like him :rotfl:

Well, they are really expensive on TV, but i got mine on ebay,
    i think they were new but returned or damaged box or summin.
    Had for a few years and is brill.

In summer, a few frozen berries, some grape juice and half a banana,
    hey presto a lovely smoothie.
    Unfortunately, not for me anymore tho.
  • mazzers
    Options
    Wow sweet, just had a peek on ebay and there is a super bullet for £15 plus a tenner p&p.
    It looks the same as mine only its a 'super'
    Mine was £27 i think with £6 p&p but on the shopping channel were much more than that.

They are brilliant, i even grind sticks of cinnamon in mine and they are like rock!!
    Also freshly grind my linseeds.
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Options
    Back from town, I'm a 36E :eek: They don't look that big to me?

Totally narked off, I noticed a neon pink vest top I just bought 2 weeks ago had a black mark on it and it didn't come out in the wash, so I slapped a bit of vanish on, like the tub says, stick it in the washer, take it out and it's totally sucked the colour out from that area and now looks white and the black mark isn't gone. So now it's unwearable except for as pyjamas, and I'll need to go buy another one now (I do like it)

Should I complain to vanish? The top was only £8 but it's the goddamn principal and I'm sick of having to shell out for new clothes! BAH!!!

I ate some pringles.....
  • marrowgirl
    marrowgirl Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ooooh Buttons, yes complain. You may get some money back. Remember to tell them you followed the instructions..although i think they say something like test on an unobtrusive part first so they may get out of it. worth trying though.

I'm hungry again. off to rummage through the fridge.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • marrowgirl
    marrowgirl Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ...and Pringles? there the devils' snack!! I love them but will wolf down a whole pack given the chance. We can't have any in the house.

Mazzers -I want your bread! Send it now!!!:j
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport