Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• andrewsmum
    Options
    Just come to share a yummy dish we have just eaten with you all. It may be too high carb for some though.

I cut up the bulb part of a large butternut squash into cubes (I may use the long part for 'chips' another day)
    1 chopped onion .....not cut small though.
    simmer in a pan for 3 minutes then drain and transfer into an oven proof dish.
    I also threw in some cooked cabbage I had left over from yesterday
    sprinkle with curry powder to taste (I used 1.5 tsps)
    Pour over a tin of coconut milk.
    Stir mixture

Cook for 30 to 40 minutes

This was absolutely scrummy and we ate it with a chicken leg .....trying to use stuff up from my freezer. Really you could add anything you ike really I suppose.

Hope everyone is well. Now to catch up with the posts.
  • Jerryjerryjerry
    Options
    Hi all. Had a great day at work. Now, going to have some pork left over from the other day and eat that with roasted veg. Have got some chicken soup ready to take to work tomorrow. As well as 2 boiled eggs for snacks. I hope everybody is having a good wednesday. My work skirt felt VERY loose. This has made me really happy. Also, when I pulled my tights on, it didn't feel like I was trying to put them over a sack of potatoes. They came on easily and were comfy. Haven't worn tights for yonks!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    andrewsmum wrote: »
    Just come to share a yummy dish we have just eaten with you all. It may be too high carb for some though.

I cut up the bulb part of a large butternut squash into cubes (I may use the long part for 'chips' another day)
    1 chopped onion .....not cut small though.
    simmer in a pan for 3 minutes then drain and transfer into an oven proof dish.
    I also threw in some cooked cabbage I had left over from yesterday
    sprinkle with curry powder to taste (I used 1.5 tsps)
    Pour over a tin of coconut milk.
    Stir mixture

Cook for 30 to 40 minutes

This was absolutely scrummy and we ate it with a chicken leg .....trying to use stuff up from my freezer. Really you could add anything you ike really I suppose.

Hope everyone is well. Now to catch up with the posts.

that sounds lovely and i love butternut squash :T

ive had two really good days lcarbing , until now , we have had a curry and i ordered chicken tikka and salad which i thought would be fine , but then i finished off DD1s chicken korma and naan and had a few chips :o bum!
  • kafkathecat
    Options
    AB, this is a support thread for people following a low carb diet. What is the point of coming here to criticise? The simple fact is the diet works for many people when other diets don't especially for people who have problems with insulin, diabetes for instance or low blood sugar. Many people have experienced improvements to their health with this way of eating as well as weight loss. For myself, my skin is softer, my knees have stopped aching, I no longer suffer from low blood sugar and my sleep has improved. Where previously I was always hungry I can now go many hours without thinking about food. I am not on a diet I have changed the way I eat. I have already heard everything that you have to say and I believed some of it myself until I chanced upon this way of eating.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya Peeps

i couldnt put a picture of my toad in the hole but here is a link to it (with receipe) http://nuttybabeslowcarb.blogspot.co.uk/

it was ok, i will make it again. :D
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    If you look at history you will see it's the Health officials who sent out wrong information and that's why obesity rose alarmingly. Imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=FSeSTq-N4U4

If you can't be faffed watching it all (you should, it's really quite interesting) then at least watch from maybe 5.45 in. The map stats are amazing.

that was really interesting , thanks for posting x
  • andrewsmum
    Options
    nuttybabe wrote: »
    Hiya Peeps

i couldnt put a picture of my toad in the hole but here is a link to it (with receipe) http://nuttybabeslowcarb.blogspot.co.uk/

it was ok, i will make it again. :D

Ooooooooohh will try that. I love toad in the hole. Thanks for the pic and recipe
  • Fern_Merkin
    Options
    I have no doubt low carbs have helped people in the short term but there are many people talking about things that are either rather high in carbs or artificial food produced by a laboratory with an advanced chemistry set

Please illustrate this with quotes.

Thanks
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh likes like I have missed a good old debate ;)

Really quick one from me as snowed under at work but weight in this morning and have lost 1.75lbs in the last week and this puts me at my lowest weight since Feb 2009 :beer:

Will catch up soooooon xx

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • kafkathecat
    Options
    Please illustrate this with quotes.

Thanks

Hi Fern,
    I have to put my hands up to occasionally using soya protein powder but I know I am the only person here who does. Having been vegan for most of the last 20 years I have read a lot about diet and seen many fads come and go. I just eat what suits me and don't really care what others think. I don't tell others what to eat either, all I can say to people is this works for me, because everyone is different.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure