Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Mercy - what are you getting up to over the bank holiday?

I reckon she's listening to Barry Manilow songs ;)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I reckon she's listening to Barry Manilow songs ;)

Chortle :rotfl: You know me so well :rotfl:

After a day in Manchester on Saturday with friends and family and all the gays I needed to rest yesterday. :D 12 hours walking about in fitflops was noticed by my legs :j Feeling good on this Bank Hol so might toddle off into town. We used to have a Victorian Market Aug BH and although I've not been in years I'll see if it's still as sad as it used to be :rotfl:

Weather depending, I may walk as it's only 30 mins done quickly.

Am off to scran a 3 egg scramble with salmon steak on top. :A

MX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Oh, hello Mercy, didn't see you there :hello:

Glad you enjoyed Manchester :D I don't know if my fitflops still work as I've had them a couple of years now & I don't know if the wobble thingy is still effective.

Have a good time at the Victorian market - does everyone get dressed up in Victorian garb?? We usually have one near here every year but [STRIKE]I've avoided it[/STRIKE] I haven't seen it advertised this year.

I think I'll have scrambled eggs instead of fried, good idea, not sure about the salmon steak for brekkie though!! _pale_

Big loves :kisses3:
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

marrbett, are you still around?? I bought some haloumi to try (inspired by your menus) & just wondered how/if you cook yours?? I'm going to try the mushroom/onion/goats cheese idea you posted about a while ago as well.

Hi sweet, yes, I'm reading and dashing, not had time for much else. Family wedding and birthday get togethers as well as an overgrown allotment have all used up my time. Thanks for checking up on me though.x
    I just fry a thick slice of haloumi in butter alongside my mushrooms and whack a fried egg on top!! The rest of my tribe have bacon instead, but I'm trying not to eat too much of it.
    I'd forgotten about the mushroom recipe I posted, so will give that ago again this week, it was yummy.

I'm a bit unsure about posting this next bit as I'm not sure where you are all 'at' with this, but I'm gonna anyway! My daughter went to a church camp recently and received prayer for her rib pain, and she has been healed!!! Seriously, she can do back bends and everything without pain.Every day I ask her, and she says, 'mum, they're better, stop asking!'.She's lived with it for years and now its gone. God is good.

I know faith/religion has nothing to do with this thread, but her pain is the reason we discovered about LCing, so it is kind of relevant in this instance I feel, but will now go back to posting about food/exercise etc.:j
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2012 at 11:29AM
    Options
    "Andrew Lansley, in my opinion, is guilty of a gross dereliction of duty in relation to public health"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As far as I can tell he's just the tip of the iceberg.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm a bit unsure about posting this next bit as I'm not sure where you are all 'at' with this, but I'm gonna anyway! My daughter went to a church camp recently and received prayer for her rib pain, and she has been healed!!! Seriously, she can do back bends and everything without pain.Every day I ask her, and she says, 'mum, they're better, stop asking!'.She's lived with it for years and now its gone. God is good.

I know faith/religion has nothing to do with this thread, but her pain is the reason we discovered about LCing, so it is kind of relevant in this instance I feel, but will now go back to posting about food/exercise etc.

Praise the Lord! Its wonderful that God has answered your prayers. I am a Christian and can identify with what you have shared. My mum gave up smoking (60 per day) overnight after we prayed with her. Thank you for sharing.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    marrbett wrote: »
    I know faith/religion has nothing to do with this thread, but her pain is the reason we discovered about LCing, so it is kind of relevant in this instance I feel, but will now go back to posting about food/exercise etc.:j

Hiya marrbett, good to see you back :D I certainly don't mind you or anyone else posting about faith/religion or other non-LC things (nearly everyone does on here, I know I do) & it's great to hear that your DD is so much better, what a relief for all of you.
    Thanks for posting your way of cooking haloumi, I'll give that a go as well.

daska, was that hysterical laughter about Andrew Lansley?? I watched a programme the other week basically saying the same thing :(
    I don't know who I despise the most - the Food Industry, smarmy MPs or greedy bankers!! :mad:

And breathe...
  • andrewsmum
    andrewsmum Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    marrbett wrote: »

So pleased for your daughter...and for you, because if she feels better then you ill too :T
  • Jerryjerryjerry
    Options
    Well, i'm half an hour away from 7 Days, not smoking! Yea!

Hope everybody has had a good bank holiday. Wont bore you with my day, but its raining here. Had a good breakfast of Scrambled eggs and bacon. Also did an hour of a workout programme on fitness t.v. Also did another 20 minute programme. Needed to, as last night, I was naughty and had A VERY LARGE slice of bad, bad, cheesecake.
    Dinner is going to be:

Stuffed Trout out of the freezer, whoopsied to 50 pence for two!
    cauliflour cheese (made with double cream and cheese)
    Mange Tout (reduced to 36 pence)
    Husband will have mash as well with his.

I hope you all have a good evening.
  • andrewsmum
    andrewsmum Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    Well, i'm half an hour away from 7 Days, not smoking! Yea!

Well done Jerry :j Keep up the good work.

Been a rainy yukky day here too if its any consolation :D

Tomorrow I'm going to try Murphydogs BNS soup :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family