Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I have survived but I am a bit weary.

murphydog999 - I get so confused with what I am told but thanks for the info. How are you?

Had a piece of cheesecake today as I have also put on 2lb. Must be setting a trend :(
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    some fantastic advice on here

margaretclare i was so sorry to hear what you have been through , i hope you can reconcile things one day with your daughter x

sheila put your feet up and have a rest x

avstar i admire your clean eating regime, can you have chocolate on it ? :o

slipped up today , had bacon and eggs for breakfast , lunch was a buffet provided by work , i had salad and the inside of a shop bought sandwich ( mozzerella and tomato ) and then during the meeting without thinking i had some crisps and a sausage roll :eek:
    going on holiday in a couple of days all inclusive hotel , i think i will be fine as there should be lots of real foods
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sistercas, durham_mim and all who are having a break - have a really great time and may the sun shine for you :)

For all who have problems and difficulties hugs xxx
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    marrbett wrote: »
    She's pretty strict with avoiding grains/sugar/inflammatory foods, takes a large dose of omega 3 oil as well as vit D daily, and whilst her excema has pretty much cleared up, her pain in her rib area has not noticeably decreased. I've managed to get her some 1 to 1 pilates sessions(with a physio/ ballet teacher)and she's working on improving an already strong core, to see if that can help with pain when she dances, but come September, she will start all her dancing again and I fear will not see the point in sticking to LCing , if it's not making much difference.
    I really hoped that reducing inflammation in her body would impact her, maybe we need to give it more time, but I guess we need to go back to the GP eventually to see if he can suggest anything else(he is the one who suggested we see the chiropractor in the 1st place.)

I'm a bit confused, where/who has the connection with food/diet and rib pain come from? The chiropractor? (If you don't mind me asking?)
  • murphydog999
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Hi
    Yes I have survived but I am a bit weary.

murphydog999 - I get so confused with what I am told but thanks for the info. How are you?

Weary also, but for house hunting reasons. Although I'd much rather be doing that than looking after 8 kids!! :eek:
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm a bit confused, where/who has the connection with food/diet and rib pain come from? The chiropractor? (If you don't mind me asking?)

No, thats fine! She had an injury to her ribs a few years ago and has danced through the pain ever since-the medical advice was there was no damage to her ribs, just bruising. So eventually, we made a fuss and the GP suggested the best way to get help was for her to see a chiropractor. She's done some adjustments to her, and talked about her body being inflamed. She advised us about carbs/sugar exacerbating inflammation and that by cutting down on them and by taking the omega 3/vit D supplements, that in time, she might feel better.(Basically they advocate the paleo diet). She's 15 and has had enough of feeling sore!!!
  • murphydog999
    edited 23 July 2012 at 11:01PM
    Options
    I wonder if it might be an idea to see an osteopath, similar but different, more of a whole body 'physio-type' approach, less invasive. I've seen both in my life and osteopaths win hands-down for me.

PS I'm an ex-dancer myself, I know if you enjoy something, you just carry on whatever, it's what lead me into fitness, so it's good you are exploring all avenues for her.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    sistercas, durham_mim and all who are having a break - have a really great time and may the sun shine for you :)

For all who have problems and difficulties hugs xxx

thankyou x
  • AudreyHepburn_2
    Options
    no i havent counted any of the calories, didnt think you had to for lc diet. not been eating huge amounts either

:-) OK, I am an utter novice at low carbing and here to learn. I, personally, log calories as I am five foot and a fag paper high. I can only lose weight by counting calories. If I eat more than 1500 I failed to lose weight and if I eat 1600 plus I gain!

Thanks to Avstar for the crustless quiche suggestion.

I "failed" yesterday by hooveriing up half a cheese sandwich hubbie had left from his lunch box... BUT ... normally it would have triggered a what the heck biscuit binge.

Instead I just logged it in my food diary, went over by 150 calories for the day and took that as a victory for not scoffing every carb in the kitchen.

Had chopped grapefruit with flax seeds and milk for breakfast, very tasty!

Wishing everyone a good day.
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder if it might be an idea to see an osteopath, similar but different, more of a whole body 'physio-type' approach, less invasive. I've seen both in my life and osteopaths win hands-down for me.

PS I'm an ex-dancer myself, I know if you enjoy something, you just carry on whatever, it's what lead me into fitness, so it's good you are exploring all avenues for her.

Thanks Murphy, we'll certainly consider that!

Right, am determined to only eat LC stuff today,will sort out the menu later, but will not stray!!
    Have a lovely day everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport