Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Thanks bossymoo - will give it all some thought if I don't lose soon
    How are the kids
    :)

Keeping me busy, am exhausted, lol...

B oatbran pancakes with vanilla essence
    L salad bar no naughties :A, carvery, gammon, turkey and veg (DS ate my stuffing, and DD my Yorkshire pud, didn't get spuds :A)
    D picnic of couple small cubes cheese, pastrami, pickles and cucumber

And fizzy water has been my drink of choice. Still need batteries for my scales ;)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well bossymoo - how much have you lost now?
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

I've had a bad reaction to an insect bite I got on Saturday (swelling, pain & blistering), so I'm feeling very sorry for myself atm. Had to take paracetamol & an antihistamine yesterday & it's still painful today so more paracetamol :(

Managed to stick to LC yesterday & thought I'd get weighed today so that I can change my weigh day to a Monday - 3lbs on?! :mad: Not what I wanted to see when I feel so rubbish & I've been so good :wall:
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh what a beautiful morning - at flipping last! :j Almost makes me want to leap out of my pjs and go for a long long walk.

Isn't drinking water a pain?? But, it's doing it's job. I've been reading the India and Neris book (which, BTW, made me cry as it's so 'me' in many of the things they say) and I have adopted a new mantra:

Obstacles are the things you see when you take your eyes off the goal. Maybe I should have it tattooed on my forearm to read before I lift the next glass of wine or chocolate biscuit to my lips. :rotfl: I am going back to the Middle East in 25 days time for a week (it's work) and the temperature is hovering around 44 degrees - sweating is so unattractive in the business world!

Today will be bacon and eggs for breakfast and I have plenty of cold chicken for the remainder of the day. Water will be ever present and I shall rein in my weaknesses - so there!

SS - the wet weather has allowed the nasty biting insects to breed in abnormal numbers, fewer ordinary flies and lost more of the cleghorn ones. You're doing the right thing with treatment. I normally scratch them and make it a load worse. Got bitten so much earlier in the summer that I looked as if I had measles.

I hope everyone has a good LC day as well as a good sunny one too.

:)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2012 at 7:28AM
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Sorry to hear about the bite sweet, not nice :( I was bitten several times yesterday but not badly so it seems that the sun has brought the bitey insects (sorry my term) out in full force. I am using Avon Skin so soft now to see if it lives up to its reputation. Also sorry to hear about the gain - are you due on?

Gers - glad to hear you being positive. I have just got the same book and already have their recipe book. Both make fun and interesting reading. I have some chicken to cook and think that I will try to have salad today for lunch and maybe curry for dinner.

Looking after 8 children with my daughter today, age 3 - 11, so may need a drink at the end :eek:

Have a good day everyone :)
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    sweet, hope the bite gets less painful very soon. i got weighed this morning too, and after sticking to the diet religiously, i have gained 2 lbs, not happy. seriosly thinking about going back to normal dieting, or at least adding cereal at breakfast time. hate cooking first thing, and not enjoying eating eggs, or bacon, or fish or whatever for breakfast, loved my weetabix or porridge that i used to have.
    sorry for moan, weight gain, made me feel down.
    still drinking pints and pints of water also.
    meals today
    b grilled tomato, mushroom, and scrambled eggs
    l venison burger and salad
    d damoda recipe from this thread with pork in it
    s few nuts

have a good day everyone, we have summer at long last
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    Jerryjerryjerry, Sheila54 is absolutely spot-on about the effects of alcohol. Added to which, your poor liver is struggling to cope! And all that money wasted! Alcohol will NOT make you feel any better. It is a depressant, acts on the central nervous system in a depressive way. And you're wasting all that money which - I'm sure - could be put to better use.

'Life wasn't meant to be like this'. Many of us could say the same! I wasn't meant to be widowed and redundant (therefore penniless with a mortgage) at age 56 in 1992. My first husband was a smoker - don't get me started on that one! Life deals us rotten hands at times, but also, just occasionally it deals out good hands, as when I met my now second husband in 1997. However, when I had my 2 daughters I never thought that one of them wouldn't see her 40th birthday and the other one now - apparently - hates me and wants me out of her life. I've recently had another demonstration of that fact. I sent her a pic of the tree we all planted in memory of her sister, the college she went to sends me an updated pic every year. I sent it to my daughter and addressed it using BA (Hons) (I'm intensely proud of her - she even had to learn Ancient Greek for that degree as a mature student!) She hadn't even opened the envelope, just tore it in half and wrote 'How dare you address me like that - it is none of your business' and sent it back addressed just as our surname, not even Mrs. DH opened it. He emailed her saying it had been his suggestion, he thought she might like it but, hey, you can't win 'em all. She emailed him back 'It's nothing to do with you, leave me alone'.

I have a pain in my heart knowing I've lost my one surviving daughter and there seems nothing I can do. But I'm determined that it shall not spoil the happy life I have here with DH and that she shall not break my heart again, I will not permit it. She broke her Dad's heart and he never recovered. That and his smoking - he never saw his 60th birthday.

What I'm trying to express is: life may not always turn out how we expect, we may be dealt some nasty hands, but life is always good nevertheless. Booze is not the answer, nor is smoking.

We've just had bite-sized Shredded Wheat with half a sliced banana. Yesterday we were out to lunch and I had filo prawns as a starter, followed by pan-fried salmon fillet and salad. Just going to aqua-aerobics now.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 July 2012 at 10:05AM
    Options

I need to read up on more of your recipes as breakfast is still "carbs and milk" - I'll search for the breakfast cheesecake recipe.

I too am struggling to eat meat/fish/eggs for breakfast, so this morning I tried making a flax 'muesli' and I really enjoyed it. The recipe is on my blog. I must admit I got the idea from avstar but instead of a clean eating version thought I would try to adapt to a lc version

JJJ - I can echo all that has already been said. Just thought I would share that my mum used to smoke 60 a day which she managed to give up. With the money saved by not buying cigarettes she bought my sister a flute for her music exams. It just goes to show how much you can save. Why not set yourself a goal, save up for something you've always wanted. Also re: the alcohol why not buy a smaller bottle at the supermarket and use what you save on a treat for yourself, ie. new clothes or if it will stretch to it a hair cut. Perhaps once you start having the treats you will appreciate them more than the alcohol and they will boost your confidence. If there isn't enough money why not try a face pack or do you nails at home. Its amazing what a little pamper time can do.

Margaret-Clare - my heart goes out to you. I lost my sister when she was only 43. I and my mum have never got over it . There was only 18 months difference in our ages and I really miss her. We were like chalk and cheese, and I treated her horribly at times but there was still a strong tie between us. My mum has 3 other daughters,(including myself). I cannot imagine what it would be like if we became hostile to her as well. It sounds as if your other daughter has not accepted your new husband. ((hugs)) it must be really upsetting.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • Jerryjerryjerry
    Options
    Oh, there is so much support on here. Glad I found this thread. Thank you for the excellent pep talk. I needed that.

Apologies for pouring my heart out. And thank you to Dunelm and Margaret for sharing your stories.

This morning, I'm off to the park in a few minutes. Once I get back, i'm going to have :

Lunch: Plaice Fillets, avacado salad
    Dinner: Pork Medalion and another salad.

Snacks: Cheese.

I'm going to try and aim for no alcohol this week-end. Or if I MUST, I will take the advice so kindly given and buy a small bottle. I know I will feel so much better if I don't drink. As for the smoking... hmmm... Have tried to give up so many times.. and now i'm really thinking about it again today. Will report back later - its such a lovely sunny day.

Have lots of nail polishes, some going dry. Will have a clear out and keep the ones that are salvagable and do my nails tonight. You can always tell how happy/well I am, by the state of my nails. I don't think i've painted them in 3 years! My honeymoon was the last time!

Actually, I think I will have a pamper evening. Get some coconut oil on my dry hair. Get some hair dye. Face pack the lot! Thanks again . x
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JJJ - don' t try to attempt too much at once, perhaps giving up alcohol, smoking and dieting all at once may be too much to cope with. Just choose one for now.

In regards to toiletries I subscribe to the printable coupons thread and there are always money off coupons for make-up, shampoo etc which helps me loads. I have had quite a few free samples from L'oreal too. Also if cash is in short supply why not try out the 'make £10 a day' thread. I find it very inspirational and have managed to increase my income a little.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills