Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    What is your typical days meals on Dukan please? If this going higher this week doesn't work then I may have a rethink and it is good to know your options.

Hiya

For the first week (attack phase) it's all protein (PP) no fat, no pork or lamb.
    wk 2 and beyond alternating PP and PV days (protein and veg)

No calorie counting, eat well. Eat 2 tbls oatbran a day. Here's a link to some recipes

http://mydukandiary.com/dukan_diet_free_recipes.html

You may find just doing PV days could shake things up for you.

Mxxx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Mercy

I will give it this week and then reconsider if I don't lose weight. You aren't allowed cheese or nuts though are you? Also can you have milk and how do you get enough calcium? x

durham_mim well done, you deserve it

sweet - thanks for your encouragement and ideas for meals
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    lovely and sunny in yorkshire today
    managed a little walk in park, arthritis in my knees, stops me doing too much

B kippers, and half grilled tomato
    L tuna and cheese salad with mayo
    T turkey and veg casserole with kale
    s almonds
    and i've also had a latte, which i shouldnt have, but it was my weekend treat
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lovely and sunny in yorkshire today

beautiful isnt it today :D

B: 2 eggs poached 1 GG crispbread
    L: prawn salad cheese strawberries and extra thick cream :D
    D: chicken salad 4 HM potato wedges more strawberries and cream
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    A beautiful day in Dorset. Have been digging and weeding on the allotment, hoping that digging counts as 'resistance' exercise!!!Why do the weeds grow prolifically, and the slugs not eat them???Not fair!

Had a small portion of luscious cherry pudding yesterday(not LC!!) but it really was worth it. It did have lots of butter, mascarpone and cherries in it (if it makes it any better??), but it was delicious.May have a play around with the recipe to alter the pastry to almond flour, but there's no getting around the sugar part-and I don't use sweetners. So, a little of what you fancy every now and again.........

Anyway,today looks like this:
    B-Bacon, egg, mushroom
    L-Salad, coleslaw,parma ham, brie,pine nuts
    D-Cajun chicken,salad, field mushroom
    Blueberries and raspberries(picked from lottie this morning!), ground almonds, double cream.

Happy days.x
  • Jerryjerryjerry
    Jerryjerryjerry Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone..... Have fallen off the wagon BIG TIME! Had toast and cheesecake and 2 beers and loads of vodka. However, going to start again tomorrow. My alcohol consumption is my only weekness and if I could give it up, I know my life would be better all round. Don't get me wrong, I don't go around drink driving or beating the husband up/kicking the dog... but I DO love drinking... a bit too much. I spend a lot of money on booze... and I drink more than my husband!! He can take it or leave it.. but once its in the house.. or once i've had one... its no holds barred. Bear with me, and I will be back!
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all, I'm happy to help where Dukan is concerned. It works well for me, when I stick at it. I need more batteries for my scales (clearly weigh myself too much).

Sheila, yes you can have dairy but omg only low fat, and t recommends no more than a kilo a day, including the milk, whatever that weighs. I make sauce from melted Philly light with crushed peppercorns and have that over chicken, salmon, steak etc.

It's apparently ok now to have pork, as long as its the loin. He is French, and I don't think they have pigs with loins over there, lol. Basically lean pork is fine.

I make moussaka too with ground steak, aubergines and other bits. And top with a melted Philly sauce.

Other nice things are onions reduced in diet coke until it goes sticky. Add seasoning and pulse with a hand blender and it's hm BBQ sauce. This is great with lean burgers, served with oopsie rolls. Or make your oatbran into a savoury loaf, and have sandwiches.

Good old eggs, too. I must get through about a hundred a week! Frittata or crust less quiche. Salmon and broccoli is good...

;-)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning!

Just been reading my emails and these two articles from this week talk about the same topic. Sleep and it's relationship with weight control.

http://www.drbriffa.com/2012/07/19/want-to-lose-weight-maybe-turn-off-the-tv-and-go-to-bed/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/21/sleep-deprivation-causes-weight-gain.aspx?e_cid=20120721_DNL_artNew_1

Just thought, reading these gives a bod the perfect reason to get back in bed :rotfl:

Happy Sunday! :beer:

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 July 2012 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Thanks bossymoo - will give it all some thought if I don't lose soon
    How are the kids?

Mercy - You are up early for a Sunday. Makes interesting reading. I fall asleep really quickly, wake after 2 hours for the loo, sleep again and then wake up in pain with my neck and head. After that it is downhill and yes, it makes you grumpy.
    From your reading, can an afternoon nap make up the sleep deficit?

Jerry, jerry,jerry - you can't give up now. What about spritzers, would they be any good as you would get your water and some wine or, failing that vodka and slimline tonic? Also do you know why you need a drink as that is the key to controlling it?

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

I've been feeling a bit ropey since yesterday :( I don't know what's wrong but I was absolutely fine on the morning (brilliant infact) until I had the gruyere omelette - it was rank & I didn't finish it _pale_ Urgh, maybe I just need to try & get it out of my mind!!

Anyway, I have a horrible feeling I'm going to struggle today as I still feel a bit queasy :(

Planned meals...

B - egg mayo & gammon (once it's defrosted)
    L - 2 buttered GG crispbreads with topping, chopped vine toms
    D - chicken, cauli mash, green beans, cheesy leeks

Fingers crossed for a good LC day :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills