Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope that you feel better soon sweet - maybe steer clear of eggs today

breakfast - scrambled egg with 20g smoked salmon, 2 tbsp yogurt and flax / seed mixture
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone..... Have fallen off the wagon BIG TIME!

Morning! As the song goes, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again!!

We're off to allotment again this morning, then to friends for a BBQ for dinner, so lunch will be a salad something or other!

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.Mercy,thanks for the links.x
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,094 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning - still lurking around the place!

Have feasted on some heated up belly pork dabbed in english mustard thinned a bit with sour cream. This going away business is ruinous for my fridge contents... however I enjoy the bp so it's no hardship.

For later I have some cooked chicken thighs with chorizo and veggies. Some berries and cream are in the fridge too so I will enjoy them later.

Have upped my intake of water again as I have slipped in my drinking habits. Think it makes a great difference so I must keep it up, despite the frequent trips!

I've been up hours but only now heading for the shower. Want to nip into town and am determined to walk there and back. It's not even that far but I can see the rain clouds gathering.

Happy Sunday everyone.
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mmmmm... thank you to whoever suggested it, we just tried a breakfast cheesecake and loved it. I did modify it a bit with a tablespoon of maple syrup between 6 of us, largely because I wanted to be sure the kids would eat it :D Need to look at the liquid content as the flax was still rather dry, I suspect I may have been a bit parsimonious with the fruit.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    went to julian graves yesterday, and bought flax as well as several bags of almonds, and a bag of brazils, they have a half price sale on, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread

B bacon, egg, half tomato, 2 mushrooms
    L hard boiled egg, cheese salad, with mayo
    T turkey casserole with veg
    s nuts

trying to increase my water again too, but its all the trips to the loo:o
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • andrewsmum
    andrewsmum Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    daska wrote: »
    Mmmmm... thank you to whoever suggested it, we just tried a breakfast cheesecake and loved it. I did modify it a bit with a tablespoon of maple syrup between 6 of us, largely because I wanted to be sure the kids would eat it :D Need to look at the liquid content as the flax was still rather dry, I suspect I may have been a bit parsimonious with the fruit.

Think it was the one I posted a couple of pages back, I love it :o

Today I made cauliflower soup and some flax pancakes, I think I picked both ideas up here and both were yummy :beer:
  • Jerryjerryjerry
    Jerryjerryjerry Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Thanks bossymoo - will give it all some thought if I don't lose soon
    How are the kids?

Jerry, jerry,jerry - you can't give up now. What about spritzers, would they be any good as you would get your water and some wine or, failing that vodka and slimline tonic? Also do you know why you need a drink as that is the key to controlling it?

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine :)

Hello Sheila and everyone. I'm happily back to low carbing again today. I was ready to give up last night. Its like when I try to give up smoking, I get to two weeks, and then I have ONE. I end up smoking 15 a day again in no time. however, this time, with this diet, i've managed to get back on it. I think I'm disatisfied with life. I feel old, fat, grey and frumpy. We never have any money for fun.. not even pictures.. .(get the violins out)..

I know a lot of people are in our shoes, but that does not seem to help at times when I am all doom and gloom. Life wasn't meant to be like this. I was meant to be a lady of leisure, wearing nice new clothes (not from up to 15 years ago).. having my hair done once a month (i've not been able to afford the hair salon for 2 years).. I think that once I have found a job and lost some weight, I will start to think more positively. I know I spend 35 pounds a week on booze from Asda and if I gave that up, i'd be able to afford a night at the cinema and hair salon trips, etc. BUT, the booze is something I find I need to unwind and forget my troubles.

I must try to be grateful for what I have. Not spend nearly all my time upset at what I don't.

Today:

L: 3 sausages and half a tomato.

Snack: lump of Chedder cheese. 6 strawberries.

D: pork medalions fried... in butter.. with sauted cabbage. We have my step son over today, so OH and step son will have ravioli as a side dish.

I will lay off the beer and will have a few vodkas with slimline tonic tonight.
  • SHEILA54
    edited 22 July 2012 at 5:17PM
    Options
    Jerry, jerry, jerry - sorry that you are feeling down but you can do it. The problem with alcohol is this

When you consume Alcohol, it is the first fuel to burn. While that's going on, your body will not burn fat. While this does not stop weight loss, it will postpone it until the alcohol has been used up. If you must drink alcohol, straight liquor such as scotch, rye, vodka, and gin would be the best choices as long as the mixer contains no sugar. If you have added alcohol to your diet and suddenly stop losing, give it up. Taken from the Atkins website.

I know that you are drinking to forget but please look at the following, taken from a medical website

Alcohol in large quantities, whether taken to treat a depression or not, produces a depressant effect on people's mood.

Things will get better and you are right, you could go out more if you were able to cut down drinking.

I am sorry if it sounds like I am preaching but I have seen the effects of drinking in my family and so may be a bit biased.

Keep going with the diet, you will feel so much better about yourself if you can :)
    Keep telling yourself that you are beautiful, however you may feel.

Barbecue tonight - low carb sausages, salad, coleslaw and almond pancake with raspberries.
  • AudreyHepburn_2
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has posted their food intake each day- I am reading and learning :-). Day 3 of low carb after "meltdown thursday". I have had 90g or fewer of carbs and upped my fat intake from the usual. Aldi cottage cheese with chives is my new best friend and i am loving a coleslaw-ish mix of white cabbage with onion and grated carrot with vinegar and olive oil.

I need to read up on more of your recipes as breakfast is still "carbs and milk" - I'll search for the breakfast cheesecake recipe.

Found a recipe for cauliflower hummous which I will make tonight and report back on.

Hope you all are enjoying the last of the weekend.
  • SHEILA54
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have scrambled egg with smoked salmon (£2.19 for 150g chopped up in M&S) which lasts 5 days to a week.
    or
    1 almond pancake with 45g berries and cream. I make it up with 50g ground almonds, 1 egg, fizzy water and a little salt and have 1/3 to 1/2 mixture, depending on how hungry I am.

I will try the cheesecake though as it sounds yummy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure