Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aww thanks for all the welcome, hmm well on the celeriac front it sounds like its not for me, I HATE CELERY so thats not a good start, I might as well cook it now but I'm dreading it already LOL.

On the weight front I started at 13 stone 8 and got all the way down to 12 stone 6 but.................... I wobbled for a couple of months, still did low carb for meal times but ate chocolate, cakes etc (probably worse than not low carbing at all!!) am back in the zone now though at a current weight of 13 stone exactly :o. This WOE really suits me and I'm determined to stick it out.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Sazbo wrote: »
    Hello lovelies :hello: I 've had a bloody carp week tbh -
    Much love,
    Sazzy xxxxxxxxx

A very fishy story.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    A very fishy story.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorry, I meant to say it was cod awful :D
    4 May 2010 <3
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :hello: Hello newbies.
    Lots of posts to catch up on & I see kissit has been winding everyone up again. Do you think she was a troll?! Anyway, gone & forgotten!!
    alias, are you sure you're not me?! Hidden wrappers from secret scoffs?? Yep, been there, done that. Also not been out with hubby as a couple for a long, long time. He wants to but it's me that's holding back because I have nothing to wear, and I don't want to go out & buy something because I always get fed up when nothing fits me ............ The usual vicious circle. :o
    Anyway, I'm soooo glad you're going out with your hubby as a couple. It's the right thing to do if you're having problems. It's too easy to get stuck in a rut. Try not to stress about what to eat if you're trying to stick to the plan, as mazzers said try to go for a meaty meal. If you decide to have spuds or dessert then so be it. It's only one night. Or at least it had better be!! ;)
    Anyway, I hope you have a lovely romantic time. :happyhear
    You have made me think I should make more effort. :o
    Oh, and good luck with the salmon but what is there not to like?! You're Scottish & you should like it!! I thought it was one of those things that all Scottish people liked, along with the irn bru!! :rotfl: Tis nice fried with a creamy watercress sauce over it if you want to mask the taste. :D
  • mazzers
    Options
    Sazbo wrote: »
    sorry, I meant to say it was cod awful :D

:beer:

Never know if they're typos or trying to fool the censors:D

But have a lie down and take a little kipper.

Shall we stop there:rolleyes:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Forgot to post my menu for today -
    B - 2 bits burnt bacon (still ate them!!) & 2 chipolata sausages
    L - Mercy's mexican fudge (minus the chillis & with ham/spring onion instead)
    D - burger with salad
    Hoping to sit out tonight & BBQ the burgers. Have half a bottle of red to demolish & if that's not enough I'll open the Bailey's!!
    Yippee it's the weekend!! :j
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Aliasojo, I so hope you can work it out with your husband. With any luck, you'll realise just how much you mean to one another and come home and bonk all night. (I'm not being flippant; perfectly serious.) As for the diet, if you can go for meat, veg/salad and minimal sauce then so much the better, but if you can't, just forget about it and start again the next day.

I too loathe celery and celeriac, and wouldn't touch either with a bargepole :D

Saz, you are having a real hard time right now. My thoughts are with you, hon. Get Gilly to give you a lovely massage. And I hope your dad gets back on his feet asap. Enjoy the weekend with your folks and try to forget your worries for a day or two. Hope you have a brilliant time (well, I had to join in). xx

Have a good weekend, everyone. I'm looking forward to my shoulder of lamb this evening. It's been in the oven since 8am :rolleyes:
  • mazzers
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    Hope you have a brilliant :rolleyes:

I was a bit slow picking that one up:rotfl:
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    I was a bit slow picking that one up:rotfl:

Ah well, it's not the best, I admit. And if you're not in tuna with me, then it's harder. But you can have a whale of a time thinking these up. Don't need to be a brain sturgeon to come up with dreadful fishy puns. :D
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BLEURGH..............

Well its in the bin, it wasn't as bad as it smelt, it didn't really taste of celery but it was very horrible even with a big spoonful of butter.

Back to the cauli/broccoli mash then :D

I'm glad I tried it as I can now tick it off the list and I am rubbish at tasting things I've never had before so I'm quite pleased with myself.

B - Egg and bacon with mushrooms

L - not hungry handful of nuts and a chunk of cheese

D - Bolognese sauce, steamed broccoli and cheese
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business