Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought you had me on "ignore"?

Bit quiet round 'ere eh? Anyone wondering why? Gonna be a bit quieter.. I am offski to where they take the plan seriously and don't spend most of their time "confessing" all their sins.

Unpleasant to the end. Glad it's the end then :)

Interesting take on life 'I'm right, you must be wrong so there' Not generally associated with the attitude of a developed soul.

Glad we who remain here are human :D and probably a little happier for the above note :rotfl:

Have a lovely low carb day people!

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • ames100
    ames100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    if the thread wasnt to her tastes then why join?
    keep calm and carry on :rotfl:

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok guys...onwards and [strike]upwards [/strike] :confused: downwards as they say. :D

I'm having salmon for tea tonight. I dont really like salmon. :rotfl:

However I'm trying to try new things with a view to aquiring the taste. :rolleyes: Wish me luck.

On a slightly different note, I'm going out for a meal tomorrow night with my OH. It will be the first time in 7 years we've been out as grown ups alone with no kids. :o We're going through a (very!) bad patch and are trying to get a life again to see if we can sort things out....(we've not had one in years :rolleyes: )

Anyway.......I wasn't going to say no when he suggested dinner even although I'm dieting but I'm slightly worried about menu choices. I cant exactly ask how many carbs are in the chef's sausage can I? :rolleyes: :D WHat does everyone else do in this situation? Avoid potatoes and sauces and hope for the best? :confused:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Ok guys...onwards and [strike]upwards [/strike] :confused: downwards as they say. :D

I'm having salmon for tea tonight. I dont really like salmon. :rotfl:

However I'm trying to try new things with a view to aquiring the taste. :rolleyes: Wish me luck.

On a slightly different note, I'm going out for a meal tomorrow night with my OH. It will be the first time in 7 years we've been out as grown ups alone with no kids. :o We're going through a (very!) bad patch and are trying to get a life again to see if we can sort things out....(we've not had one in years :rolleyes: )

Anyway.......I wasn't going to say no when he suggested dinner even although I'm dieting but I'm slightly worried about menu choices. I cant exactly ask how many carbs are in the chef's sausage can I? :rolleyes: :D WHat does everyone else do in this situation? Avoid potatoes and sauces and hope for the best? :confused:

Do try and patch things up, I am very independent but it is lonely on your own. I have missed my OH every day since (8 long years)
    Wish with all my heart i could've had another go when we parted.

Anyhoo, when i went to harvester recently, i opted for the meatiest choice (chicken breasts with bacon and cheese) had the salad with mayo, did have some honey sauce but only a bit, asked if there was any veg but told no. By the time i'd had all the meat tho i was quite full so wait and see whats available and dont worry too much about dieting for one night concentrate on each other.
    Have a great night. xx
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, not posted on your thread before just lurked, have been low carbing since July last year and was wondering if any of you had tried celeriac? I've been told its a good mashed potato alternative, anyway I've bought some but it smells disgusting nad its really put me off trying it, anyone help talk me back into it?
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    sammyjammy wrote: »
    Hi guys, not posted on your thread before just lurked, have been low carbing since July last year and was wondering if any of you had tried celeriac? I've been told its a good mashed potato alternative, anyway I've bought some but it smells disgusting nad its really put me off trying it, anyone help talk me back into it?

Hi sammy, its surprising how may lurkers there are on MSE:rotfl:

I tried it for the same reason, its tastes a bit like celery but similar to mashed potato in consistency. wouldn't bother again tho, gave me awful wind.. which makes me think it wasnt so good for me personally. I prefer mashed cauliflower.
    Let us know how much you've lost etc we are here to support not judge!!
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

In all honesty I can't :rotfl:

Think sazbo likes it though. I tried making wedges but we really didn't hit it off tastewise. Probably one of those marmite situations.

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • aliasojo
    Options
    .......... it smells disgusting nad its really put me off trying it, anyone help talk me back into it?

_pale_ Nope.

Yeuch, spit etc etc. :D Another vote for cauli mash here.

Welcome btw. :D
  • aliasojo
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Do try and patch things up, I am very independent but it is lonely on your own. I have missed my OH every day since (8 long years)
    Wish with all my heart i could've had another go when we parted.

Aw maz.....I want to give you a hug, you've made me all emotional.

We're trying.
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hello lovelies :hello: Well, dunno where to start really - I 've had a bloody carp week tbh - that'll do for starters lol. Work-related mostly:rolleyes: Plus gotta go see my dad in hospital after work tonight - he's fine, thankfully, but just wanted to post a quick 'hi' to you all in case I didnt get a chance to post tonight, or over the weekend, which is going to be busy with family over visiting from the states.

Alias hun - I just wanted to add my support to what maz said really - concentrate on each other tomorrow night - the diet can take centre stage again later (at the risk of incurring the wrath of the low-carb diet police lol) The fact that he suggested having dinner together must mean he wants to try, which is something. I hope with all my heart it works out. I'll be thinking of you xx

And re celeriac, sammy (and welcome, btw :)) - I'm feeling like some kind of freak now because I like it! :o :rotfl: Well... maybe 'like' is too strong a word lol. It's not a patch on mash or chips made with spuds, but spiked with a heavy dose of seasoning... it's not too bad... ok I'll quit while i'm not ahead!:D

Have a fab evening everyone.

Much love,
    Sazzy xxxxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business