We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A and L

Comments

• cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can someone make clear the costs involved with having the Premier account thats required to have the mortgage with please

thx
  • figgyroo
    figgyroo Posts: 103 Forumite
    cbrpaul wrote: »
    Can someone make clear the costs involved with having the Premier account thats required to have the mortgage with please

thx

I've had a Premier Account as my current account for a few years now. It doesn't cost you anything to have and you get free annual european travel insurance. I'm not sure what interest they are currently paying on the account, and whether you have to pay a minimum amount in each month.
  • Had no problems at all with this deal yesterday - got through with no problems(but I went via 0800 number). No questions asked about how much our house is worth after I confirmed that I do not want to borrow any extra cash. All paperwork quite simple as we have been premier account holders for years.
    I did ask about any other deals they had but none sounded as good as this one - so thank you OP for pointing this one out.
  • cbrpaul
    figgyroo wrote: »
    I've had a Premier Account as my current account for a few years now. It doesn't cost you anything to have and you get free annual european travel insurance. I'm not sure what interest they are currently paying on the account, and whether you have to pay a minimum amount in each month.

On their site it says something about the pre -arranged Overdraft is 50p per day !!!
  • figgyroo
    cbrpaul wrote: »
    On their site it says something about the pre -arranged Overdraft is 50p per day !!!

Sorry I don't use my overdraft facility which I why I didn't mention it. It is 50p for each day you are in your overdraft up to a maximum charge of £5 per month (you might want to check this!).
  • cbrpaul
    Sorry I don't use my overdraft facility which I why I didn't mention it. It is 50p for each day you are in your overdraft up to a maximum charge of £5 per month (you might want to check this!).

ah i see ,

thx ,

Dam i cant make my mind up with this deal :rotfl:

I notice their SVR is very very high though !!! :rolleyes:
  • riles
    riles Posts: 14 Forumite
    That is in lieu of interest, so it is a bit expensive if you go 1p overdrawn for 10 days in a month, but quite good if you have a high approved overdraft limited and use it heavily. Swings and Roundabouts...
  • im sure you have to pay a minimuim of £500/month into the account .great to see a few have taken this offer up,remember to continue to check their site for at least the next 28 days incase the rate goes down[you never ,never know]send your form in at the last moment[making sure it gets there in time ofcourse]i was £455 for my original offer and was short[ re £500] took 3 years off my mortgage to take it up to a nice figure of £502 just over the threshhold
  • figgyroo
    im sure you have to pay a minimuim of £500/month into the account .great to see a few have taken this offer up,remember to continue to check their site for at least the next 28 days incase the rate goes down[you never ,never know]send your form in at the last moment[making sure it gets there in time ofcourse]i was £455 for my original offer and was short[ re £500] took 3 years off my mortgage to take it up to a nice figure of £502 just over the threshhold

Have they valued your house yet, and if so, was it lower than expected?
  • HenryMungo
    HenryMungo Posts: 13 Forumite
    The A&L Premium account should have £500 paid into it monthly - this money can be DD'd out the next day -

I had to set up a premium account to get the mortgage.

I have decided to have just over the monthly mortgage payment paid from my existing account into my Premium account - then have the mortgage paid from my Premiium account.

Simples

HM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.