🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

suspended from work

Options

Comments

• debbie158
    debbie158 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, just to let you know my manager has been in touch to say i havnt been suspended?? I said that i was told i was an his denying saying it? he said i was told i could not go in office or have on call but i could do calls, which i find confusing as i had calls to do over the weekend but they were taken off me, he phoned me to say he was sending a letter out regarding investigation but still no meeting as yet, as he had got to look at evidence and to decide about disciplinary.....im so confused and now have a solicitor writing to them regarding suspension
  • lavidaloca
    lavidaloca Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is appalling behaviour on the part of management. I am sorry debbie that you are having to go through this but pleased you now have a solicitor to help you. Please let us know what happens. Good luck.
  • debbie158
    Options
    yes i know i think his trying to make out there was no suspension!!! but surely if i wasnt wouldnt they have contacted me? has been 1 week and 1 day have foned head office 6 times and now manager fones up saying that he is investigating but i can still do calls.....his also said he is sending me a letter in post regarding the matter, and he will weigh up evidence, depending on that if i face a disciplinary meeting.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    debbie158 wrote: »
    yes i know i think his trying to make out there was no suspension!!! but surely if i wasnt wouldnt they have contacted me? has been 1 week and 1 day have foned head office 6 times and now manager fones up saying that he is investigating but i can still do calls.....his also said he is sending me a letter in post regarding the matter, and he will weigh up evidence, depending on that if i face a disciplinary meeting.

I suggest that you put together a list of the dates & times (if poss) that you have called both your manager and HR / head office......he may well try & make out that you have taken unauthorised leave, also note who told you & when / where about the suspension. When does your HR person return from leave?

Also, it is worrying that he doesn't want you in work, but is happy for you to "do calls"....a person is either suspended or they are working - he can't have it both ways.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it possible that one person (at least) wants you suspended, and another person at your place of work is trying to get it resolved so you aren't? It would maybe explain the lack of communication you're having.

Could you request a meeting face to face with your manager? If they don't want you on site, ask if you can meet in a neutral venue? (anywhere from conference room in hotel/coffee shop/wherever!) Sounds like you need to find out what on earth is going on. I would also ask if they are posting things to you by mail, ask if they also email a scanned copy to you, so you can be sure of receiving what they are sending out?

So are you still working for them "doing calls" at the moment? If that is part of your job and you are letting you continue doing it, then that's positive I would say.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • debbie158
    Options
    no im not working i dont feel i can go back there, and i did say that to him, i also said that i dont suppose i will get paid as im not doing calls, he replied that i would as it is not my usual job. I have gone for another job, cannot see myself going back there but obviously want to know the evidence against me, as i have never had anything like this happen in my employment history....regarding suspension i dont know if they are trying to get out of it? Its certainly took a long time for them to get back to me, but when i was taliking to him he said suspension isnt a bad thing? he seems to contradict it!!
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    I personally would be very wary if you did go back.

It seems that your employer has carried out the whole suspension thing totally incorrectly and has opened himself up to claims of unfair dismissal etc.

(I'm not saying that this is the case mind) if they were doing it simply to get rid of you, then it wouldn't surprise me if you were suspended again in the near future but the whole process carried out correctly this time
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • debbie158
    Options
    yes i know...i will not being going back as i put a lot of overtime in this company and the way they have treated me im not happy tbh, i have got a solicitor on the case, he is going to send them a grieviance letter, i have gone for another job, in the hope they see through this, although i did tell them i had been suspended as i thought i was! I have always had a clean record an i now feel they are trying to pin things on me as i do not drive although i was learning to....they now have som1 else doing my job and that person was told to apply for the job,before they decided to do this to me, i have been doing the job as acting cc so wasnt getting paid for it but have been doing this job for a year, was promised that when there are more hours i will be promoted...i now think it was all lies!!!!!
  • debbie158
    Options
    hi every1 had a fone call from manager today to say he wanted to see me about the matter on monday, but as i havnt had a letter as yet i think its a bit short notice so he has mentioned wednesday, but will see what my solicitor says, he wants to put a finish to it as he thinks its going on too long, but will let you know updates as soon as i get em, hopefully get letter an other stuff ive rquested tomorrow!!
  • amandada
    amandada Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm posting and running so this is brief
    re the telling them that Monday's too short notice, if it's a normal working day for you , it would be reasonable to expect you to be there.
    I've read the whole thread and think the whole thing's been mismanaged by your manager, which is all the more reason for you to be "whiter than white" re attending meetings as requested etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport