Orchid Dialler Discount

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
871 replies 150.2K views

Replies

• jimmyboy420jimmyboy420 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    thank you, I will probably not buy one, and print the pages as you suggest :)
    3.924kWp (12X327Wp SunPower). SolarEdge SE3500 inverter.
    Surrey/SE. 30 degree roof pitch, chimney shading from mid afternoon.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_itthe_devil_made_me_do_it Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Help!!! Having problems forcing the dialler to call home. I've used the re-set method, but still nothing happening?
  • the_devil_made_me_do_itthe_devil_made_me_do_it Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's cool. Got it to update :)
  • SnapeloverSnapelover Forumite
    435 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Can someone please help me. I have had a V4 dialler box for a good while now and it has been programmed for me by Orchid themselves to use all the phone service providers I want (I have tried but it always gets the better of me). We recently signed up to Virgin for free weekend and evening calls as they were already providing our broadband and it was actually cheaper for us to get the broadband/phone package as opposed to just having broadband.

Primus were, at that point, our CPS.

It was confirmed that we were now with Virgin but why is it that we are sometimes billed for phone calls made outside the free evening and weekend offer by Virgin when our dialler box should be over-riding them?
    We have not had any contact from Primus to say that we are no longer with them nor did we get any information to say that Virgin were now our CPS.
    Anyone got any ideas?
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because you V4's time is wrong.

Did you force it to call home on or after 25/3/07 to pick up the change from GMT to BST?

If not, you can either force it to call home to pick up the correct time or you can try the manual clock resetting procedure.

Changing from one CPS (Primus) to another (Virgin) should make no difference to your V4 settings - both gave/give you exactly the same free evening and weekend UK 01/02 calls so, as far as the V4 is concerned, those calls should have 'no routing' applied.

In fact, I'd say you were an ideal candidate for the 'semi-automatic update system' Orchid now offer.

PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you a screen shot of my program so you can log into CW Client and check whether yours is doing what you want it to do.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • My Orchid is failing to override at weekends too, also to Virgin.

I have not investigated as to why.

I did do the time update, but even if Snapelover has not I wouldn't have thought it would be a major problem. Surely the routing would just be an hour out?
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenmaster wrote: »
    My Orchid is failing to override at weekends too, also to Virgin.

I have not investigated as to why.

I did do the time update, but even if Snapelover has not I wouldn't have thought it would be a major problem. Surely the routing would just be an hour out?
    Yes, an hour out would be logical - but, unless it's a V4+ (i.e. has two power supplies - BT line and mains transformer - so if one is disconnected it shouldn't ever lose its time setting) the 'quick unplug to dust' or failure of the BT line voltage for a short while can cause the problem.

Forcing it to call home (***12#4567890*3) and watching to ensure the red light flashes for at least a minute - to be sure it gets through - should fix your problem, provided your program is set up for the time/day routings you think it is.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • deefadogdeefadog Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Heinz, got a problem, everytime i set the dialer to force home, the number rings and then get disconnected and i get the "please hang up and try again"

I get to flashing on my V4+?

Any ideas

Thanks

• Jazzy_BJazzy_B Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    deefadog wrote: »
    Heinz, got a problem, everytime i set the dialer to force home, the number rings and then get disconnected and i get the "please hang up and try again"

I get to flashing on my V4+?

Any ideas

Thanks
    I had this problem too. It turned out to be a problem at my exchange. They said they'd come across this at one or two exchanges. Orchid were superb and provided me with a Ranger phone free of charge. That works fine.
    I'm sure if you contact Toby at Orchid, he'll do his best to sort it out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals