PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help removing a dried on blood stain

Options

Comments

• hobbesy_2
    Options
    Ok, thats on there now doing its thing. Trouble is of course, I'm going to have a clean patch and have to do the whole sofa :-)

LO is fine. After the initial shock she thought it as hilarious and wouldn't sit still for me to help her, hence the mess!
    hey there's no money but we couldn't be happier if we tried
    £2 coin pot - £92!
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    hobbesy wrote: »
    Ok, thats on there now doing its thing. Trouble is of course, I'm going to have a clean patch and have to do the whole sofa :-)

LO is fine. After the initial shock she thought it as hilarious and wouldn't sit still for me to help her, hence the mess!

Glad she's ok. Just give the whole sofa a quick going over with Stardrops and it shouldn't be noticeable. ;)
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    OH fell down stairs last night, gashed his toe and now I've blood stains on the carpet ! Should have tried to clean them last night........well this morning but at 3am after trying to sort him out and clean him up I just wanted to go back to bed. So, blood has dried on.................will salt and water do it ?
    Not been able to get any stardrops as yet..............not sure our supermarket stocks it. OH says white vinegar..............would that work ? If so, do I dilute it or just put it on ?
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've successfully cleaned dried blood from matt painted surfaces with vinegar before - it was like magic :)

I've not needed to try it on fabrics but it's worth a shot.

Mix part vinegar to five (or so) parts water and dab on. Dab don't rub.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks squeaky - I'll give it a go.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    squeaky wrote: »
    I've successfully cleaned dried blood from matt painted surfaces with vinegar before - it was like magic :)

I've not needed to try it on fabrics but it's worth a shot.

Mix part vinegar to five (or so) parts water and dab on. Dab don't rub.

Squeaky is very careful not to let his victims bleed on the carpet. _pale_ :shhh: :whistle:
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Squeaky is very careful not to let his victims bleed on the carpet. _pale_ :shhh: :whistle:

It wasn't me, honest, it was Sally :p

Mouse blood all the way up the skirting and the wall of the stairs.

evil.gif

Nah... she's not evil really :)

cateyes.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bigburd
    bigburd Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options

Squeaky's a man? LOL sorry I didn't know they could clean....only joking!!! my OH thinks stardrops are flowering in the garden right now, and vinegar only goes on chips! Been regularly on this forum for ages and always thought squeaky was female....sorry just had to admit to stupidity.:o
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigburd wrote: »
    Squeaky's a man? LOL sorry I didn't know they could clean....only joking!!! my OH thinks stardrops are flowering in the garden right now, and vinegar only goes on chips! Been regularly on this forum for ages and always thought squeaky was female....sorry just had to admit to stupidity.:o

It's me beard that's the give away ;)

An honest mistake :) I've lived on my own, well, with a cat and a few White Cloud Mountain Minnows, for a good while; so if I don't clean around the place then nobody does. And I learned how to cook out of sheer self defence! :)

I got my user name from the squeaky chair that I'm sitting in, not my squeaky voice! :p

Click on the little chair at the top left of this page.

Hint:- Every picture tells a story :)
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Did it work?

Signed: CuriousBurgers'R'us
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family