Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

Play.com Fraud - warning - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Play.com Fraud - warning

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
428 replies 121.9K views

Replies

• Zinger549Zinger549 Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    It woukd be worth checking your computer security is up to date as well.
    :coffee:addict
    Come on you Irons
  • dorry_2dorry_2 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    thank you to op and others on here

i have changed card details to false ones and changed bank account no as well to flase onexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • aloisebaloiseb Forumite
    700 posts
    computer security is especially difficult if you use wireless - "man in van" outside could be copying your every detail. You need a password only you know and apparently lots of people don't bother doing it.
    I don't use wireless, and only have one credit card for online spending so I can keep an eye on what goes out
    and we don't use any dodgy sites for downloading illegal music etc (mind you my kids may soon be ahead of me there)
    touch wood we're OK so far.
    You have all got me quite worried now though!
  • competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's worth downloading, installing and running:

Anti spyware:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/

Anti malware:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

And Anti Virus:
    http://www.free-av.de/en/download/1/avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

All 3 of the above are free.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been a customer of play.com for 5 years or more. Got an email this morning saying I'd ordered 5 x PS3 games and asked for them to be delivered to Hathersgate Court in London (anyone else have the same delivery address so that I can tell the police?).

Thankfully play.com have cancelled the order & refunded my CC but they've had to close my account to ensure it doesn't happen again.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Ellie2758Ellie2758 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me too. I assume it was just because I changed the card details

millie wrote: »
    I did the same thing this morning and also received the e mail I will check my card in a couple of days to see if they have charged me anything.
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • I've had the e-mail too...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent order with www.play.com

At this time we are unable to process your order further as the card details you have entered appear to be incorrect and cannot be verified.

Please can you check you account and ensure that the following details have been entered correctly:

Credit card number
    Valid and Expiry dates
    Three digit security code (this can be found on the signature strip of your credit card)

We will then attempt to re-process your original order. You do not need to resubmit your order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards

Play

I'm hoping that's because I changed my card details, rather than someone trying to order.
  • jackiebjackieb Forumite
    27.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the e-mail too...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent order with www.play.com

At this time we are unable to process your order further as the card details you have entered appear to be incorrect and cannot be verified.

Please can you check you account and ensure that the following details have been entered correctly:

Credit card number
    Valid and Expiry dates
    Three digit security code (this can be found on the signature strip of your credit card)

We will then attempt to re-process your original order. You do not need to resubmit your order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards

Play

I'm hoping that's because I changed my card details, rather than someone trying to order.

My son got this last week too. To change his card and address details we just put any rubbish in, as we couldn't just delete it.
  • I just put any card details in too. Hopefully that is just an automated e-mail then, as opposed to someone trying to order from my account.
  • same thing here a couple of hours after I'd changed my card details so must be automated reply. No orders shown as outstanding.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support