🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

refund problem

Options

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And why is your feedback private? That alone should induce caution.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,358 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hintza wrote:
    And why is your feedback private? That alone should induce caution.

Strangely the private feedback was the first thing i saw as well when I looked at the auction, usually I wouldn't look any further as I'm always suspicious of it.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What got me was the price received for a "Dummy" phone. Seller should know that that is way to high for a "toy". If I was the buyer I would be raging. Totally misleading description and in my view designed to trap an unwary buyer!!

I have no sympathy ande I think the seller should seriously re-think how they word descriptions to avoid this happening in the future especially if they plan to remain on EBay. I'm afraid that is the polite version of what I am thinking!!
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I *assume* the OP's feedback is private as they didn't want potential bidders to see when and how much they paid for the phone when they bought it. Not sure but just a thought :confused:
  • bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    i'd have read it as a propper working phone, that's EX-display

though knowing a bit about these things i'd have known the picture to be a dummy phone

looks like you were either deliberatley vague about your wording, or naive,

either way, you SHOULD refund the buyer, though maybe less postage, as they should have asked if unsure
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    The op hadn't sent the phone out (or so i assume from other posts) which leads me to wonder, why did the buyer email you saying it wasn't real if you hadn't sent it out?
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • twice
    twice Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    the buyer paid then later emailed he said he had read the discription and realised what he had bought why he could'nt of read the listing in the first place is beyond me but it doesen't matter now as he has been refunded

also what is wrong with having private feedback what possible reason would someone need to see what a certain person has bought or sold also if it was so wrong then it would'nt be an option to change from public to private.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,358 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    twice wrote:
    also what is wrong with having private feedback what possible reason would someone need to see what a certain person has bought or sold also if it was so wrong then it would'nt be an option to change from public to private.

Unfortunately most users consider private feedback to be dodgy, as you can tell from the various reactions you already have on here.

I certainly wouldn't buy from anyone with private feedback, I would wonder what they are hiding.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    i think Ebay should make it so that if someone wants their buying and selling kept private then they should still display the feedback comment and not show who left it and what for, if that makes sense?
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • slow1uk
    Options
    :blushing:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business