edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
87 replies 60.3K views
12345679»

Replies

• strawberryberrystrawberryberry Forumite
    394 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Asda have of offer lots of 25cl bottles of wine for £1 - the full 75cl bottles are about £6 so the little bottles work out cheaper. ( if you like the wine you then get a £1 off the big bottle if you have bought the small bottle).

If you are thinking of a valentine prezzie you could get a few different ones put in a basket with some choccies and other things.
  • theloft wrote: »
    Sounds like an invitation for fraud, or am I being too cynical !!

It probably is fraud but... I temped at Virgin Wines for 2 days and they have so many problems with their couriers that to placate the customers they send out replacement cases if the customer says they never received it!
  • skintlassskintlass Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    DirtyDes wrote: »
    As a wine lover I find all the above most interesting and given me lots of data to research. My all time favorite is a red by McGuigan, The Black label from Eastern Australia which I can buy at just under a fiver a bottle in cases of 12 at a local wine store.

Can anyone better the price, it really is good and well worth the money but I am always looking for a bargain.

Cheers Des,

I will just go and check a bottle to make sure I have not changed my mind.
    I love that wine and can never find it apart from at virgin wines - think its just under £6 per bottle there.
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.:beer:
  • thelofttheloft Forumite
    1.7K posts
    DirtyDes wrote: »
    As a wine lover I find all the above most interesting and given me lots of data to research. My all time favorite is a red by McGuigan, The Black label from Eastern Australia which I can buy at just under a fiver a bottle in cases of 12 at a local wine store. Can anyone better the price, it really is good and well worth the money but I am always looking for a bargain.Cheers Des,
    You might wish to take a look here :-

http://thewinestation.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

They have Black Label Shiraz & Merlot @ £4.89. Which RED wine is it you like so much, I might try it myself.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • Mutton_GeoffMutton_Geoff Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're a Virgin Wine customer and recently got an Egg Card, ring them up with the code "EGGCARD", password "CHAMPAGNE" and they'll credit your account with £25. You don't need to read out the Egg Card number nor use it to pay for your wine ;-)
    Compensation/Refunds - £4,655 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £4,365 | Tax Avoidance - £107,000
    All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
  • greencodegreencode Forumite
    394 posts
    With the recommend a friend offers that so many of these companies have do those "friends" have to live at a different address or could, for example, recommend my Dad, my Mum or whoever else lives within the same house?

I can't seem to see anything on the Virgin Wines T&C's but was wondering if anyone else has done this?
  • N9eavN9eav Forumite
    4.7K posts
    skintlass wrote: »
    I love that wine and can never find it apart from at virgin wines - think its just under £6 per bottle there.

Sainsbury sell it. I got a case once in their wine festival, almost got it for nothing what with discounts and staff discount and nectar redemptions
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!