OU Students Past, Present and Future

Options

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    The funding works from Sept to the following August, so anything spent in the school year 2009/10 start a fresh from sept 2010.

Good luck with the courses they sound interesting, admit like the sound of the councelling one, hope you don't think I'm being cheeky, but I know the DSE141 and D240 come out of your grant, if theres anything left you can put it towards the next courser and top up the remainder with the OUSBA side of things. I've hadto do that for this yrs courses got E112 - Sports course (long story), and B301 Business although part of the B301 is fee grant, the goverment top up one course a year, and then i've got the rest on OUSBA, just wanted to get done in one year x

Why are you being cheeky? Thats really helpful.. I'm just figuring out what I want to do.... think I've got it sorted now until 2014 when I complete a degree. I've asked for a registraton pack for OUSBA as it'll help if I need to pay anything in the future. I would do more each year but I struggle with getting stuff done as it is!

So far my plan is.... done Y157, DD100, currently doing U212 (just exam to go!), future courses are now D240, T189 and DSE141 which I've either registered for or booked a place for. Then I'm going to do S154 science starts here with ED209 child development, then DD305 personal lives and social policy and DD307 social psychology: critical perspectives on self and others.

Im sure it's all going to change, but I'm really struggling finding level 3 course I'm interested in and am able to do!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Why are you being cheeky? Thats really helpful.. I'm just figuring out what I want to do.... think I've got it sorted now until 2014 when I complete a degree. I've asked for a registraton pack for OUSBA as it'll help if I need to pay anything in the future. I would do more each year but I struggle with getting stuff done as it is!

So far my plan is.... done Y157, DD100, currently doing U212 (just exam to go!), future courses are now D240, T189 and DSE141 which I've either registered for or booked a place for. Then I'm going to do S154 science starts here with ED209 child development, then DD305 personal lives and social policy and DD307 social psychology: critical perspectives on self and others.

Im sure it's all going to change, but I'm really struggling finding level 3 course I'm interested in and am able to do!

Thank you, I know its daft, even thou its a money site, I always end up apologising in advance!
    How did you manage DD100 - that was the Intro to Social sciences, started it, did TMA 1 + 2, but ended up having to take a year out, that was one that I never picked up again.
    You've got it planned well.
    Off the top of my head which one is Y157 - due to do understanding management, - quite funny as I use to be a manager.
    I'm dreading starting my level 3 in Feb, hated the exams on the 2 level 2 business courses I did, there bring ing in a new business course B204 - no exam....
    I've got B301 - this study year, plus others, then the plan will be to do the 2nd level 3 business haven't got yet the following yr, great plan is a BA Hons. Trying to get as much is as I can with funding, my mind keeps wondering off into different qualifications, and I think half way there, use some of what I've got.
    Utilately like to go back to Law, did Level 1, but you've had to study after that, try and find a firm to take you on, apparently places are like gold dust, if you have people coming fresh out of normal uni who can't get a place, then what chance would I stand. I also fancy crimonology.... thou I've done business and financial courses. The sports course - OU changed my plan around, and there aiming me for a Dipolma, but actually same level as Foundation degree, (to me sounds better), but to get foundation degree need to do 80 points, so thought go for level 1 no exams - (the easy way out, choose 2 openings, thou only got 1 this year, thats 20 points gone, and all really left was this sports course - be so funny, when I opened the box - there was a heart monitor fell out...... I'm going to be the unfittest person there, dodgy back and hips from 2 car accidents, exercise is a work that the body doesn't know, if I got on a rowing machine or on the floor be waiting for a very hunly fireman to pick me up!! (I can dream), so tutorials could be funny....... xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Thank you, I know its daft, even thou its a money site, I always end up apologising in advance!
    How did you manage DD100 - that was the Intro to Social sciences, started it, did TMA 1 + 2, but ended up having to take a year out, that was one that I never picked up again.
    You've got it planned well.
    Off the top of my head which one is Y157 - due to do understanding management, - quite funny as I use to be a manager.
    I'm dreading starting my level 3 in Feb, hated the exams on the 2 level 2 business courses I did, there bring ing in a new business course B204 - no exam....
    I've got B301 - this study year, plus others, then the plan will be to do the 2nd level 3 business haven't got yet the following yr, great plan is a BA Hons. Trying to get as much is as I can with funding, my mind keeps wondering off into different qualifications, and I think half way there, use some of what I've got.
    Utilately like to go back to Law, did Level 1, but you've had to study after that, try and find a firm to take you on, apparently places are like gold dust, if you have people coming fresh out of normal uni who can't get a place, then what chance would I stand. I also fancy crimonology.... thou I've done business and financial courses. The sports course - OU changed my plan around, and there aiming me for a Dipolma, but actually same level as Foundation degree, (to me sounds better), but to get foundation degree need to do 80 points, so thought go for level 1 no exams - (the easy way out, choose 2 openings, thou only got 1 this year, thats 20 points gone, and all really left was this sports course - be so funny, when I opened the box - there was a heart monitor fell out...... I'm going to be the unfittest person there, dodgy back and hips from 2 car accidents, exercise is a work that the body doesn't know, if I got on a rowing machine or on the floor be waiting for a very hunly fireman to pick me up!! (I can dream), so tutorials could be funny....... xx

I did struggle with DD100 but had a great group of people on facebook who really helped. I'm dreading the exam, and I have picked a few courses that don't have them!!

You sound like me, changing your mind every other week! :)

LOL I'd definitely come to watch at a tutorial. Do you actually have to use the monitor? Stick it on a child and let them run around :D

Ooooh... Firemen..... :A
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I did struggle with DD100 but had a great group of people on facebook who really helped. I'm dreading the exam, and I have picked a few courses that don't have them!!

You sound like me, changing your mind every other week! :)

LOL I'd definitely come to watch at a tutorial. Do you actually have to use the monitor? Stick it on a child and let them run around :D

Ooooh... Firemen..... :A

Great minds think alike...... thinking that DD might just have her uses......but maybe could ask the local fire station to help out !!! xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Great minds think alike...... thinking that DD might just have her uses......but maybe could ask the local fire station to help out !!! xx

My local firestation has an open day on saturday... perfect opportunity :D
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question for you seasoned OUers: :)

How long do course materials usually take once mailed - Royal Mail rather than courier so no tracking.
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    bestpud wrote: »
    Quick question for you seasoned OUers: :)

How long do course materials usually take once mailed - Royal Mail rather than courier so no tracking.

I;ve only had them couriered but probably a couple of days?
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone who answered my queries, I couldn't get back on to say thank you earlier. Getting excited-and a little scared, now! Hope the old grey matter is still working!!!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Mine were due to be dispatched today and it says approx 10 days, won't be looking at it until after 14th October (K225 exam day :eek:)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Mine were due to be dispatched today and it says approx 10 days, won't be looking at it until after 14th October (K225 exam day :eek:)

K101 materials were due for dispatch today but most people have had them delivered today. No tracking number but they came via DHL.

Do you have yours, suziQ?

Don't forget the FB page if you are on FB - it's quite a big group now and everyone seems supportive. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure