Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 7..Read first post for current bargains

Options

Comments

• freebie_junkie
    Options
    your fella could obviously not join as a pregnant member! but he could as a parent, if he puts his child as between 6 mots and 2 years he will get a 500 point coupon which irequires no spend at all- a free fiver!

the use by dates on my coupons i got thsi morning are: 31/7/06

:)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • jeffjeff
    jeffjeff Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    calleyw wrote:
    Umm I am well aware it is on BOGOF I used the voucher myself. I am quoting what was put on another post. And reading the person post on another forum they clearly state they bought a 108 items and it cost them £112.55 to be exact.

So they must have bought something else beside hand wash. So they still paid out £112.55 to buy items that possibly not needed or wanted to get extra points.

I am sure that you can source Ipods cheaper from other places rather than Boots. It is not like stoozing where you put the money in to bank account and earn from it.

To me if you can afford to spend £112 on items that you really don't need to get an item that is worth £165 you have still spent a £112 and got a bunch ot items that you can't use. That to me is both greedy and wasteful. Granted they have not said what they are going do with the items. They may give them away for all we know.

But hey it was free and it only cost them £112 rather than a £165. This is rather like the on the last thread about the spending £15 to get a No7 goodie bag free. It is not free as you had to spend £15 to get it. If you where buying the goods anyway then not a problem.

But each to there own. They obviously where desperate to get an Ipod. But then in a futher message on that thread on another forum he has said I hope jokingly "Anyone want an ipod"

Yours

Calley

Have to say it sounds like a good idea to me! If you've ever tried buying an ipod you'll find that they are pretty much price fixed, so Boots is as good as anywhere to get one.

I did something similar with the Cuticura 200 point thing, to get a Sony MP3 Walkman ( also pretty much price fixed ). I didn't get all my required points this way, but with The Times £5 off £25, extra points for total spend and 200 points on Cuticura ( cost £1.29 ), you could have build up £200 points for spending £100. You'd also have 100 Cuticura! I didn't get 100, like I say, but got quite a lot overall, which I gave to my Mum, sister, girlfriend who passed on to work colleagues, etc. And it's not even doing anything wrong! ( unlike, say, some things on the Tesco misprice thread which, to me, leave a bit of a bad taste in your mouth ).
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Options
    pash wrote:
    i read on here that the offers change in the machine on a Thursday so looks like i missed on on this one..

If it's any consolation Pash I'm not sure you've missed any deals. I've had pretty much all the offers as listed on Boots.com and Handbag.com, they seem to be monthly batches with some starting part-way through. I don't get changes on Thursdays, just on the new month.

Hope what you need is still there for you tomorrow.
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Re the person buying 108 bottles of EI - they may have a market stall or intend to car boot it? Or perhaps just blinded by what they see as a good offer without thinking it thru?

I've said before that I've no moral objection to someone making the most out of an offer, but even I'm a bit surprised at this! (Just as well Boots only have baskets instead of trolleys. :D)

The most I ever spent to get point was £70 on the FF/Cucumber skincare points offer about 18mths back, which got me about £225 in points. (I'm always mentioning it I know. :))

But I was aware that Boots generally are a rip-off for buying everyday toiletries.

Before I redeemed any points, I would do this: calculate the cash equivalent of the points (approx £3 in points earned = £1 i'd paid for the goods, so cash equivalent of a third) and decide if I could get the product for less than a third of the price that Boots were selling it. It's shocking, but sometimes I could.

Even if Boots are "paying you" to take a product away, the points you earn and later redeem still have to be used wisely (like a good MSE'r) otherwise in the long run, you haven't had a bargain at all.

Dave
  • MOLLYBRUSH
    Options
    Another one for the men or anyone's DH. I noticed that in the Trevor Sorbie range there were hair glossers for £1.00 and you get 100 points for each item with the one TS voucher so no need for multiples. Managed to combine it with the lip balms at £2.50 so that I got to total of £10 - so I got the £4.00 off, the face/choc voucher, and 700 points but only spent £6.00
    There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone or forbid your kids to do it.
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Options
    bham-dave wrote:
    The most I ever spent to get point was £70 on the FF/Cucumber skincare points offer about 18mths back, which got me about £225 in points. (I'm always mentioning it I know. :))

There were cucumber skincare wipes by the new make-up in Boots the other day and I went through two with the number of smudges I had on my hand (over about half an hour!) and I must say they performed really well. Begs the question why have I assumed that No7 or Time Delay ones must be better... :P
    bham-dave wrote:
    Even if Boots are "paying you" to take a product away, the points you earn and later redeem still have to be used wisely (like a good MSE'r) otherwise in the long run, you haven't had a bargain at all.

Mostly I agree, but please sir, like with 'real money' sometimes a little splurge is okay, right? right? :D :T
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    bham-dave wrote:
    Re the person buying 108 bottles of EI - they may have a market stall or intend to car boot it? Or perhaps just blinded by what they see as a good offer without thinking it thru?

I've said before that I've no moral objection to someone making the most out of an offer, but even I'm a bit surprised at this! (Just as well Boots only have baskets instead of trolleys. :D)

But I was aware that Boots generally are a rip-off for buying everyday toiletries.

Before I redeemed any points, I would do this: calculate the cash equivalent of the points (approx £3 in points earned = £1 i'd paid for the goods, so cash equivalent of a third) and decide if I could get the product for less than a third of the price that Boots were selling it. It's shocking, but sometimes I could.

Dave

i agree on that. i use these 'boots giving me more points than the value of the products' offers to buy stuff that is teh same price everywhere and is too expensive for me to afford otherwise. e.g. i love lancome foundation and eye make-up, so i wait till its on gift and spend my points and get my gift and my lovely lancome goodies! :)
  • jeffjeff
    jeffjeff Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    MOLLYBRUSH wrote:
    Another one for the men or anyone's DH. I noticed that in the Trevor Sorbie range there were hair glossers for £1.00 and you get 100 points for each item with the one TS voucher so no need for multiples. Managed to combine it with the lip balms at £2.50 so that I got to total of £10 - so I got the £4.00 off, the face/choc voucher, and 700 points but only spent £6.00

Excellent. I did this too, and even got 100 points on hair gel at 44p! Just annoyed that I only got the voucher once or twice and haven't seen it since - cos theres still these bargains around. They've just ( slightly ) changed the packaging, but the old stuff is now 1/4 price ( or less! ) - not to mention the £4 off deal!
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    hi, just to clarify, if you spend £10 on mens toiletries you get £4 off- right? but if it then becomes £6 do you still get your face care/choccies voucher coz youve only spent £6?
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    does anyone know what else is under, exactly or only slightly over £1 that can be gotten free or for a few pence with the different mens 100 point vouchers from teh ACM?[/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport