Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 7..Read first post for current bargains

Options

Comments

• chocodawn
    chocodawn Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    calleyw wrote:
    Umm I am well aware it is on BOGOF I used the voucher myself. I am quoting what was put on another post. And reading the person post on another forum they clearly state they bought a 108 items and it cost them £112.55 to be exact.

So they must have bought something else beside hand wash. So they still paid out £112.55 to buy items that possibly not needed or wanted to get extra points.

I am sure that you can source Ipods cheaper from other places rather than Boots. It is not like stoozing where you put the money in to bank account and earn from it.

To me if you can afford to spend £112 on items that you really don't need to get an item that is worth £165 you have still spent a £112 and got a bunch ot items that you can't use. That to me is both greedy and wasteful. Granted they have not said what they are going do with the items. They may give them away for all we know.

But hey it was free and it only cost them £112 rather than a £165. This is rather like the on the last thread about the spending £15 to get a No7 goodie bag free. It is not free as you had to spend £15 to get it. If you where buying the goods anyway then not a problem.

But each to there own. They obviously where desperate to get an Ipod. But then in a futher message on that thread on another forum he has said I hope jokingly "Anyone want an ipod"

Yours

Calley

I agree totally. There is always someone being completely greedy with the offers.
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    chachiluz wrote:
    How do you do it... How can you work out all this thing :confused:
    When I think I have workout something you come with onether one. Helppppp..... I can't keep up

hehe! must be my dyspraxic brain! i cant do many things but freebie wotking out seems to be ok! should ahve done it at uni! :)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • pash_2
    pash_2 Posts: 4,963 Forumite
    Options
    mummysaver wrote:
    made special journey to boots in my lunch time ... got to the machine.. NO CARD!!!

Oh Pash - my worst nightmare! Thought I'd lost mine the other day when I got to the AC machine and couldn't find it, found it tucked behind some receipts and vouchers when I got to Tesco, I nearly cried! :o

gutted like a fish i was.. emptied my purse and my bag in boots but alas not there...! wots a gal to do?!?!
    Pash x
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    pash wrote:
    gutted like a fish i was.. emptied my purse and my bag in boots but alas not there...! wots a gal to do?!?!
    Pash x

Get a reserve one or two in partners/sisters/brothers name. :D

You must have been gutted though!
  • Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Options
    pash wrote:
    Pash x

I got home one night and couldn't find my Boots card and thought I'd left it in the machine.

The shop had closed by then so rang customer services and they said if it was still there the shop would hold it for a couple of days.

I said say someone had got it and used it as there was nearly £100 on it (long term savings!!) She said don't worry we would refund your points if someone else had used it. Only because I had phoned them.

Said she could stop it immediately but would take 2 weeks to get another. (Why do they take so long?). I didn't want to wait for another so took the chance and left it.

Phoned the store next morning and it was still in the machine.

How lucky was I ? I still can't believe I got it back.
  • pash_2
    Options
    well*ahem* i have just 'become' pregnant (to join the parenting club and get the no7 voucher *little cough*) so I will be getting a card through with that if i remember rightly.. just have to make sure it is kept in the purse DOH!
    Pash x
  • pash_2
    Options
    Maisie wrote:
    I got home one night and couldn't find my Boots card and thought I'd left it in the machine.

The shop had closed by then so rang customer services and they said if it was still there the shop would hold it for a couple of days.

I said say someone had got it and used it as there was nearly £100 on it (long term savings!!) She said don't worry we would refund your points if someone else had used it. Only because I had phoned them.

Said she could stop it immediately but would take 2 weeks to get another. (Why do they take so long?). I didn't want to wait for another so took the chance and left it.

Phoned the store next morning and it was still in the machine.

How lucky was I ? I still can't believe I got it back.

oh no.. poor you
    at least i know mine is at home.. well i think it is .. oh god now im off panicking again.. never thought of that *eek* thanks Maisie! lol
    Pash x
  • Clairog
    Clairog Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maisie that was a good idea phoning. Not thought of that before and ocasionally do worry about the amount I've got on it :eek: if it went astray. I ordered one for my OH about 3 weeks ago and still no sign.

Small offer on top of all the really goodies but I bought some Huggies pull ups on Monday. They were on BOGOF and there was a £1 off in AC machine so 2 packs for £3.99. Also took me over the £10 mark with other stuff so got more choccys :D and a £5 voucher.
    Anyone got a 2nd EI voucher yet? Happy shopping
    Claire
    :j Saving Money Is Gemme!:j
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    pash wrote:
    well*ahem* i have just 'become' pregnant (to join the parenting club and get the no7 voucher *little cough*) so I will be getting a card through with that if i remember rightly.. just have to make sure it is kept in the purse DOH!
    Pash x

good idea, i got my vouchers this morning, you get:
    any single product from the no7 range up to £16.50 (it says £16b on the front byt £16.50 on the back!)
    any single product from the boots medditeranean pregnancy range up to £5
    free botanics 5 minute deep conditioning hair mask

plus tonnes more extra points coupons and money offs that non-parents can utilise.

:j
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    good idea, i got my vouchers this morning, you get:
    any single product from the no7 range up to £16.50 (it says £16b on the front byt £16.50 on the back!)
    any single product from the boots medditeranean pregnancy range up to £5
    free botanics 5 minute deep conditioning hair mask

plus tonnes more extra points coupons and money offs that non-parents can utilise.

:j

Just wondering what sort of dates they have on them. Is it a long time like months.

Not that I would join the parenting club just to get freebies or anything :whistle:

Do you reckon if I got husband to join the parenting club would he get the vouchers as he is a man. And not a lady :rotfl:

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family