Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 7..Read first post for current bargains

Options

Comments

• jeffjeff
    jeffjeff Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    hi, just to clarify, if you spend £10 on mens toiletries you get £4 off- right? but if it then becomes £6 do you still get your face care/choccies voucher coz youve only spent £6?

You have to actually spend £10, so no.
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    thats what i thought, i must have read a previous post incorrectly. thanx :)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Options
    Today is the first day of my recovery.

For the first time since those heady TD/DR days started back in the New Year I managed to walk past a Boots and not go in! I almost did to get some more bodyform but resisted. One day at a time I guess, I want my life back!!

I bet it doesn't last very long though, it did feel very weird! :D
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • jeffjeff
    jeffjeff Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know what else is under, exactly or only slightly over £1 that can be combined with the different mens 100 point vouchers from teh ACM?

Lots of stuff in the TS range ( old packaging ) - face gel 44p, lip balm 62p, hair stick ( bedhead thing ) £2.12, Hair mould £1.62, also some uv thing ( 75p I think ). You'll actually find the old range next to the new packaging. Why on earth you'd pay £1.75 for a 'new' face gel I don't know!!
    Think it works on FCUK as well, which seems to be half price so some stuff not too far off the £1 mark ( again old / new packaging routine ).
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    MOLLYBRUSH wrote:
    Another one for the men or anyone's DH. I noticed that in the Trevor Sorbie range there were hair glossers for £1.00 and you get 100 points for each item with the one TS voucher so no need for multiples. Managed to combine it with the lip balms at £2.50 so that I got to total of £10 - so I got the £4.00 off, the face/choc voucher, and 700 points but only spent £6.00

The hair glosser that I got the other day for £1.00 was in the old packaging, the new style ones were still £4.00. So watch out, and get it price checked if necessary!

BTW B'ham Dave, one of the Boots near me has trolleys :eek:
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • burnham1
    burnham1 Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have just been to boots and got my EI voucher from the machine, i bought a mixture of 10 body washes and hand washes all BOGOF and i spotted some of the trevor sorbie mg detox shampoo reduced from £4.99 to £1.25, so back to the machine for a 100 point voucher, when i went to the till i spotted the hard candy make up all reduced ( thanks to mummysaver for this ) so i got an eyeshadow and a tinted moisturiser.
    at the till i got my 150 points for each EI, 100 points on each shampoo and £5 deducted from the hard candy items, so i was very happy with my 1789 points and my 2 vouchers to use again, may try my voucher on the other offer mentioned earlier, cant remember what it was called now, too much reading........
    ADOPT DONT SHOP......🐕🐕🐕🐕
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    angel wrote:
    Today is the first day of my recovery.

For the first time since those heady TD/DR days started back in the New Year I managed to walk past a Boots and not go in! I almost did to get some more bodyform but resisted. One day at a time I guess, I want my life back!!

I bet it doesn't last very long though, it did feel very weird! :D

Reading this threat won't help keep you out of Boots :D We're all addicts here I think :o

Edit: obviously I meant thread, not threat, I'm not threatening you or anything :D
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    one more stupid question: what is TS please? thanx :)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Options
    hi, just to clarify, if you spend £10 on mens toiletries you get £4 off- right? but if it then becomes £6 do you still get your face care/choccies voucher coz youve only spent £6?

No, only for £10+ on the total (unlike the No7 gift it seems which gets fooled by temporary totals!)

The way I read the previous post was:
    4x£2.50 mint lip gloss
    4x£1.00 um, hair thing? =£14.00

Till takes off £4 discount, total to pay = £10.00, then 400 points counted as a discount is a net spend of £6.00.

However I'm going to let the original poster correct this (as I'm sure you need to!) because wouldn't this pattern give 8 lots of 100 points...

Have I got the only bloke-in-tow who when told he could have nice toiletries as a Boots deal went all caveman and said he wasn't going to faff about with 'product' :) (He does feel that his hair is so much nicer when he uses conditioner though, so he's not as immune as he claims!)
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • Frogling
    Frogling Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    one more stupid question: what is TS please? thanx :)

TS = Trevor Sorbie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport