Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 7..Read first post for current bargains

Options

Comments

• PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Options
    calleyw wrote:
    But also point that people fail to grasp. Is that they are buying a product in a range that they would have never bought in the first place and probably costs more than they would normally spend. And the points you can only spend in Boots. It is not like you are getting real hard cash back in your puddy to spend else where.

Whoops, thanks instead of quote - sorry calleyw!

I'm feeling a bit guilty now that I started off the censure of someone who isn't here, so behind their back.

I think it's a very true point above that 'worth X!' can start to look like 'free' but isn't unless you want what you've just paid for. Good that the handwash etc have turned out to be such nice ones - see also Time Delay :)

All for bargains and bargains for all... :beer:
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    I know this sounds a bit stupid, but is is possible to put a picture of the avene bag that you get free - I remember the first time I looked for EI, it took me ages to find it, and that was with help from the SA!

For info - it's almost impossible to find Ipods cheap - they seem to be pretty much the same price everywhere, so I guess if the chap was going to buy one anyway he got it cheaper plus lots of EI - though personally I can't see my DH going for this! He'd like an Ipod, but not if we have to go and live in the shed cos the house is so full of Boots "bargains"!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • PaleScene
    PaleScene Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Options
    mummysaver wrote:
    not if we have to go and live in the shed cos the house is so full of Boots "bargains"!

Psst - mummysaver... if the bargains get the house... you're doing it the wrong way round! ;)
    Do I Need One Stops All Unnecessary Reckless Spending
    £2 CSC - £30 :kisses3:
  • shallowpockets
    Options
    Exactly that's the point, cost of extension to store my bargains is around £20/30,000 and am I going to save that in Boots??????
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    PaleScene wrote:
    Psst - mummysaver... if the bargains get the house... you're doing it the wrong way round! ;)

If I start buying in quantities of over 100 like the chap on the other forum it wouldn't take long :eek:
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PaleScene wrote:
    Whoops, thanks instead of quote - sorry calleyw!

I'm feeling a bit guilty now that I started off the censure of someone who isn't here, so behind their back.

I think it's a very true point above that 'worth X!' can start to look like 'free' but isn't unless you want what you've just paid for. Good that the handwash etc have turned out to be such nice ones - see also Time Delay :)

All for bargains and bargains for all... :beer:

Palescene,

Don't feel gulity. I am not having a go at the person personally. But just trying to get people to see past the whole well if I spend this I get this free. But you still spent to get it.

So agree with you totally in what you say above. I mean I bought and got for free or nearly free stuff from EA range I did not want or need it. But what I got was to give to my mum as she belongs to different clubs and things and they are always after raffle prizes and of course being on a limited income and not being able to drive and get out and about like me is unable to partake in the offers. So she has some really nice items and they all think she spent a lot of money :rotfl:

And thanks to the lovely TD voucher I have loads of nice skin care items. Most will last me to nearly christmas (well I am hoping them will :rotfl: ) So hoping that there will be some good deals on later in the year.

I mean I was planning on what to use my £5 skincare voucher on the last night. And working out what was best to buy so I could get another voucher. And I grabbed hold of myself slapped myself around the face a couple of times and said "get a grip you really don't need anything else. You have face creams coming out your bum" LOL!!!!!!!!! I really have no need need of anything at the moment. As I have more than enough to last me for a long while.

So will probably when I go in town tomorrow with my mum and offer her the voucher. As we manged to get two on sunday from two different lots of transactions. Could have got a third but I only spent £6.95 but there was really nothing else I wanted. So did not buy anything else.

Boots are hoping that you will buy extra so you get what you think is free. A skin care voucher and chocs for 99p. Who said marketing did not work ;)

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eau-thermale-Avene-after-sun-repair-lotion-BN-RRP-17-95_W0QQitemZ5663908734QQcategoryZ74996QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats a pic o fthe avene thingie someone is selling one on ebay, and before you strat shouting spam at me or whatever its not me, ok!?

they have gotten teh rrp wrong anyway coz the gift sets rrp is £19.99, as it states in boots!
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    ...wouldnt bother selling mine, theyre too good for gifts and for me with summer comin up! :)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • derbylady
    derbylady Posts: 540 Forumite
    Options
    mummysaver wrote:
    I know this sounds a bit stupid, but is is possible to put a picture of the avene bag that you get free - I remember the first time I looked for EI, it took me ages to find it, and that was with help from the SA!

this is a link to the AVENE sun range on boots.com but cant see the bag on here, but you can see what range you are looking for

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/flexible_brand_treatment.jsp?classificationid=1037339&wblinktype=SITD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    sorry must have been writing this the same time as freebie_junkie, s :D orry
    :dance: :dance: :dance:
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    One for the Boyzzz!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this ones been posted before.....but here goes!

Did a little experiment in Boots this morning with the Lynx Click aintiperspirant/deodorant.........100pts with every purchase in the ACM.

I bought 5 @ £2.19, had £10.95 to pay. Cos it went over the £10....the £4 off mens grooming kicked into play. I printed 5 vouchers from the AC machine and handed them over and they all went through in the one transaction.

So £10.95 minus the £4 = 6.95.......minus the 500 extra points = 5 Lynx for £1.95 =39p each!!! :D

Something to keep the moaning hubbies/partners quiet! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport