Options

Comments

• Boomdocker
    Boomdocker Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers boomdocker:beer:

How's your job going?

Thanks. Its going well I really enjoy it. Can't believe my luck really. I guess somethings happen for a reason though it might not feel like it at the time.

Be sending you positive vibes on Tuesday.
    Boots Card - £17.53, Nectar Points - £15.06 - *Saving for Chrimbo*
    2015 Savings Fund - £2575.00
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news about the interview numpty, good luck for it.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks hun:kisses3:nice to seeyou back
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A quick check list for Job interview, anyone any tips?

1 Some Info about company:cool:, products, what they do
    I know where the place is, so route planned:cool:
    Date and time and who to ask for wrote down(sent a text to myself):D
    Clean shirt and trousers:o how does an iron work:confused:
    Copy of CV:cool:
    Certificates and stuff:o, need to find

List of questions to ask:eek: if not covered
    Responsabilies/Job discription
    Hours
    Pay rate and frequency:T
    Holidays:rotfl:
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A quick check list for Job interview, anyone any tips?

1 Some Info about company:cool:, products, what they do
    I know where the place is, so route planned:cool:
    Date and time and who to ask for wrote down(sent a text to myself):D
    Clean shirt and trousers:o how does an iron work:confused:
    Copy of CV:cool:
    Certificates and stuff:o, need to find

List of questions to ask:eek: if not covered
    Responsabilies/Job discription
    Hours
    Pay rate and frequency:T
    Holidays:rotfl:
    Think thro answers of how your experience matches with what they are asking for
    • Think about how you are going to sell the fact you really want to work for them in particular rather than you are just desperate for any job
    • Don't ask about salary in the interview - if they ask you what you are looking for say you are looking for a salary within range x to y so that if they are at the top or bottom of that range you don't rule yourself out
    • Think about an answer to what are your weaknesses that make them sound positive - eg sometimes I can be too conscientious for my own good - and end up working extra hours for free or I am down to earth which sometimes people can take offence at - but most people appreciate my honesty
    • My strengths - hardworking, cheerful, get job done, put safety and customer first, care about quality and cost
    • Mostly they already think you can do the job -they just want you to give examples of what you have done that match in with what they are looking for
    • They want someone who is easy to manage and will be a good team player - demo that
    Most of all good luck! I will check back in again later to see how you got on
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SH you is an:A:kisses3:
    I'm really glad to have you in my corner:D

A ickle thing i disagree with
    In my line of work manual /semi skilled, the wage does need to be mentioned:o, these are usually one shot interviews, and hours and wage are a priority to find out:o, otherwise I could agree to work 60hours a week on split shifts at minimum wage:eek:
    If not mentioned I'll bring it up at the end;)

A good point about my weaknesses:T ,need to think about that and turn it into a possitive:o
    And my strengths:rolleyes::eek:

And bullsiht the rest:rotfl:
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    edited 17 May 2009 at 9:31PM
    Options
    QUOTE=Numpty Monkey;21640709]SH you is an:A:kisses3:
    I'm really glad to have you in my corner:D

A ickle thing i disagree with
    In my line of work manual /semi skilled, the wage does need to be mentioned:o, these are usually one shot interviews, and hours and wage are a priority to find out:o,

only ask about the wage and hours once they have offered the job - it is not actually relevant before - be patient. Offer stage - that is the time to negotiate! - can your relative not tell you the wage range? If you really can't hold back - at the end say something like - I am really interested in the role - what would your expectations of me be if you offered me the role. {let them answer - pause and then say} I believe I can meet those no problem - what could I expect in return from you in terms of package, training etc?

otherwise I could agree to work 60hours a week on split shifts at minimum wage:eek:
    If not mentioned I'll bring it up at the end;)

A good point about my weaknesses:T ,need to think about that and turn it into a possitive:o
    And my strengths:rolleyes::eek:

And bullsiht the rest:rotfl:[/QUOTE]
    The last point is the most important! Smile a lot - speak at a decent pace but not too slow or so fast they can't understand you. Let your enthusiasm show thro! Good luck!
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
  • savingholmes
    Options
    On weaknesses - you could say something like

a few years ago I went thro a stage where I was a little.... I have overcome that now and demo [this positive thing] instead.... We all learn from our mistakes....
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My brother has already told me he has no idea about the money or hours

I think I understand what you mean about the weakness think, its not the weakness its how you deal with it;)
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    Options
    My brother has already told me he has no idea about the money or hours

I think I understand what you mean about the weakness think, its not the weakness its how you deal with it;)
    I've been told that if you give a positive example that gives you say 5 points but if you turn a negative into a positive that gets you much closer to a 10! People like to know how you overcome things not just in work but in yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport