PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Chic Shopper club (ex Wally trolley) :)

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    There's even one for the kids, we could start training them young :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shopping-Trolley-with-Rucksack_W0QQitemZ6033775110QQcategoryZ1039QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • HOLsale
    HOLsale Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Have no idea what they are
    squeaky wrote:
    I'm beginning to think more and more that it's about time I got one. Made a mistake today - went shopping at the aldi near my doctor's this morning - and forgot they don't give you bags to pack in!

Unfortunately I can't reach a Lidl.

don't let anyone put you off buying one squeaky!

dh teased me mercilessly about the idea of buying a 'granny bag' then even worse once i did buy one BUT i got tired of cutting off the circulation in my hands, trying to juggle 6 heavy bags and a wayward 4 year old on crowded buses/street etc

i bought a decent size bag with a nice hardbottom and a frame in it for £15.99 it has a large outside zippered pocket on the front where i put my keys/wallet etc. there is a smaller zippered pocket on the outside back, one inside and a pocket on either side for bottles of soda etc

i am seriously considering ironing on NIN and Green Day patches, adding some Marilyn manson badges and maybe an anarchy symbol! :eek: :rotfl:

i LOVE my trolley, and i don't care who knows it!

i use it for groceries, for taking the plethora of ebay/amazon parcels to the post office, for charity shops and boot sales, especially if shopping for books!

i don't have a car, don't want one and don't need one now that i have my trolley!

it's not only useful but environmentally friendly, how 'IN' is that eh? ;):p

by the way, i'm only 35!
    founder of Frugal Genius UK (Yahoo Groups)
  • HOLsale
    MrsB wrote:
    I do hope so young lady!! Although from the sounds of it you'd be more deserving of the box of wine than a coffee!!! :rotfl:

Can I ask a serious q though?? Being as how I'm currently pregnant, I obviously should be a little bit careful about lifting heavy stuff. Would a wally-trolly be a good alternative for me?? Or would it still be heavy, just using different muscles?? :o

well if you have to lug it up stairs when you get home then you may wish to wait til you've had the baby before using one, or have someone else do that part for you

however pulling it along is very easy, you'll never realise how heavily loaded the bag is until you try to lift it up a flight of stairs (i live on the first floor!)

DO however take it slowly down kerbs, they tend to twist sideways if you go too fast and that can hurt your wrist...
  • HOLsale
    Nelski wrote:
    They would spoil the look darling!:rotfl:

and it will break your back! or at least wear a huge groove into your shoulders :eek:

i'll take my granny bag any ole day! it's food shopping, not a fashion show

oh god, i'm starting to sound like my mother :eek:
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    http://www.redoute.co.uk/redouteuk/sBoutique/1,1170,,00.html
    OH LA LA trolley à la francaise!
    £39 is a bit steep though.

There needs to be a national shopping trolley day;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • HOLsale
    squeaky wrote:
    Since I use a walking stick I'm limited to what I can carry in one hand - especially since it will be an unbalanced load... and anyway, carrying bags for a half hour trip home usually cuts fingers to ribbons and makes shoulders ache.

get a granny bag, you'll never look back and your poor body will thank you for it!
  • HOLsale
    Roller Skates?
    LL

better yet, those trainers that you can turn into roller skates at the flick of a switch :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    If I was to get one I'd deffo go for the cow one :j :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• HOLsale
    jcr16 wrote:
    luckily ( i think) i have 2 kiddies which means i have a graco tandem and the basket is huge. i can get nearly all i need it in.

i can remember how silly i used to think wally trolleys were , but now i can see how much sence they are.

dh used to say he was going to convert our 3 wheel pram into a shopping trolley for me once dd outgrew it, unfortunatly we just didn't have the space in our flat for it so it's gone

would still love something like that though, how handy would that be! just think how much you could get in it if you built up the sides and front, plus you'd be able to keep the rain off it with the rain cover too! ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Love them?
    I`ve just paid for my cow one. I haven`t told my OH that he is getting me a shopping trolley for my birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure