PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• klflosserklflosser Forumite
    166 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    amersall wrote: »
    Hi there, a decision has been reached on the jr, they are just waiting for the judge to announce this,when a date is fixed for this then we will know what the score is. I think a letter to natwest would be a waste of time at this stage, just hang on in there.

I hope it is soon too. I know the Chancery Division at the Royal Courts of Justice breaks next Wednesday for, I think, nearly 2 weeks. Does the Administrative Division do the same? If so, could be a long wait still if nothing scheduled for next week.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    klflosser wrote: »
    I hope it is soon too. I know the Chancery Division at the Royal Courts of Justice breaks next Wednesday for, I think, nearly 2 weeks. Does the Administrative Division do the same? If so, could be a long wait still if nothing scheduled for next week.
    Not sure :eek: will have to wait and see :)
    Although why they have to wait for another "slot" for the judge to let everyone know the ruling, that he already knows is beyond me. I thought it was only the lord who works in mysterious ways :rotfl:apparantly not, judges do too.:rotfl:
  • Hi

Yesterday I received a reply from Egg and today I got another letter stating about this Judical review thingy, is it normal to get two letters a day after each other?
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Yesterday I received a reply from Egg and today I got another letter stating about this Judical review thingy, is it normal to get two letters a day after each other?
    Is anything "normal" that Egg do?:rotfl::rotfl:
    They have not got a clue, it will be mistake i would think :D
    You never know, if you win mis sell you may get 2 cheques as well ;)
  • Now that would be amazingly brilliant - I did originally have two Egg cards (one was an old Boots credit card that Egg took over) that they merged into one before they decided to close my account!!!

Not that I would expect two cheques of course, but what an amazing event that would be!!!
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Morning all,

Currently have two claims against at Natwest. Claim one is with FO after adjudicator awarded in my favour, but the "helpful banking" bank rejected this. They said that a decision could not be made until result of JR. Second claim, is currently on hold as Natwest say they are awaiting result of JR.

However, I fail to see what the JR has to do with my and many other claims. Isn't the JR looking at banks going through old cases and opening them up again?

Do feel like sending a letter to Natwest asking why they are stalling as they could quite easily review the second claim. Might do that this afternoon.

Does anyone know when JR result is due?

Keep up the good fight.

Hiya

Hope your well.

Like mine via Lloyds, they are also put on hold due to the JR, I received the letter for these yesterday, but I am aware as amersall said a decision have been made and we are now just waiting for this to come out, maybe in the next week or so perhaps, that is what I am aware of anyway but we shall see.

Fingers crossed hey?:D;) x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    shellbo10 wrote: »
    In September last year I was approached by Simms & Carmichael to reclaim PPI.
    The loan I had originally was in with Household bank For £5000 plus 2 lots of insurance in 2004.
    I sent Simms and Carmicheal my original documents for the loan and the PPI which they said they said they didn't recognise my Loan aggreement number,lickily I still had the original cheque stub from when I paid the loan off, it cost me £8500.
    I then sent this off( a copy) and kept recieving letters from Simms and Carmichael telling me about the Judicial review and how my claim is included in this.
    In January Key Financial took over Simms and Carmichael ,the lady who was dealing with me told me that yhis woruld not affect my claim.
    I keep e-mailing her asking what is happening please see replies below
    I am emailing in relation to our previous discussions regarding the judicial review. I wanted to ensure you that I will update you as soon as there has been any developments with regards to the hearing. Please see the below media statement posted yesterday:-
    ‘The outcome of the Judicial Review into PPI Redress is expected shortly. Whilst a decision has been reached, it will not be made known until officially handed down by the Judge. This is expected as soon as the legal teams of the various parties can fix an available date in the Judge’s calendar.’
    I hope to update you as soon as possible.
    As per my below emails, your complaint is included within the Judicial Review. Your complaint is on hold with the lender and until the review has been completed, unfortunately there will be no further updates.

As explained, we are hoping there is a final response by Friday 25th March 2011, although there is a chance there could be further delays dependant on the courts.

I am sorry I have no further positive news.

Can some one advise me on what to do
    Thanks

Hi there

If you can stick at it, but did they also give you the opportunity to complain to the FOS?
    Your normally given this option, but there "may be some news in the next week or so", so here's hoping.;)

Good luck.
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    shellbo10 wrote: »
    Hi Its me again Sorry about my spelling mistakes

Im on my break at work.
    I am on DMP and really trying to get back on track.
    I have other claims which I do not know wht to do about.
    Thanks

Hiya

So have you started these other reclaims yet?

If not you can still do on whilst on DMP, pursue the ones who sold you the account by either completing the reclaiming questionnaire or a letter in your own words, keep copies in case you need to go back to them at some point.

Ask for further help if required, all the best.;)
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    klflosser wrote: »

Hiya

I have heard the same, so lets hope its a decision we are waiting for and that we do receive the decision by the next week or 2, fingers crossed.;)
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hiya

Hope your well.

Like mine via Lloyds, they are also put on hold due to the JR, I received the letter for these yesterday, but I am aware as amersall said a decision have been made and we are now just waiting for this to come out, maybe in the next week or so perhaps, that is what I am aware of anyway but we shall see.

Fingers crossed hey?:D;) x

Good Thanks, Hope you're well to.

On Easter hols so the rest is always nice:j. Just hope JR goes in the consumers favour. Was gonna write a letter this afternoon but as Amersall suggested it is probably not worth it. So like yourself and many others , we sit and cross fingers.

Keep Well
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals