PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• mozl01mozl01 Forumite
    33 Posts
    mozl01 wrote: »
    Excellent I used the e-mail address that you gave me and I got a response within 1 day !!!! hmmm interesting, and out of the blue I received a letter from the FO on the same day, saying that they are sorry it has taken so long to deal with my complaint and they should have an answer for me by the 31st of May so fingers crossed ;)

With the Yorkshire Bank I did get response and they told me they will be in touch withing the week, they better had be or they will be getting lots and lots of e-mails from me lol :rotfl:

Any way thank you for you help you are an angel :A

Hi all just a quick update to the above post after a snotty e-mail to YB I got a response dated the 29th March to let me know that they were still investigating my compliant and they are sorry for the delay !! to my utter surprise I got home yesterday, and I have got and offer letter !! Yippeee with a break down of all the loans and the PPI attached to them, an offer of £2496.80 cash and on top of that for them to make a payment to Marlins Financial of £1710.81p to pay off some of the CCJ that I am still paying with them I am sooooo cuffed !! and would say to anyone that is thinking it's hopless please carry on!! it worth it in the end.;) And a big thank you to everyone on this site who have carried on with the fight and been there for each other you are all an inspiration :rotfl: THANK YOU :beer: !!!!!
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all just a quick update to the above post after a snotty e-mail to YB I got a response dated the 29th March to let me know that they were still investigating my compliant and they are sorry for the delay !! to my utter surprise I got home yesterday, and I have got and offer letter !! Yippeee with a break down of all the loans and the PPI attached to them, an offer of £2496.80 cash and on top of that for them to make a payment to Marlins Financial of £1710.81p to pay off some of the CCJ that I am still paying with them I am sooooo cuffed !! and would say to anyone that is thinking it's hopless please carry on!! it worth it in the end.;) And a big thank you to everyone on this site who have carried on with the fight and been there for each other you are all an inspiration :rotfl: THANK YOU :beer: !!!!!
    :j:j Congrats and well done on your win :beer::money:
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    That is FAB, Well done and Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi, I only sent my letter off to Egg on the 7th April and they have replied already, just basicaly stating that they have received my complaint. I also sent one, before this one, to Natwest but still have not had a reply, how long should I wait until I get a reply?

I really do wish that I had done the First Plus claim and another couple of credit cards myself instead of instructing a company - but I didnt realise about this site then and I presume its too late now!

I must tell you this cos its partly this site giving me confidence that I did what I did!! I was quite pleased yesterday with myself cos I genuinely thought that I had cancelled all my direct debits with my Nationwide current account (my salary is just paid into there but that more or less coveres the mortgage) bascially because they shut our local branch down and I couldnt get any other money into the account as the only branch near here is too far away!! So anyways I get a call last month stating that I had gone overdrawn and I didnt know why, when on questioning I apparently still had direct debits trying to be claimed!! Thus resulting in bank charges thus making me go over the overdraft limit! So I kicked off, told them that we were stuggling as my oh had been made redundant a couple of times in just over a year and had to take a job with a lot less money, and they sent me a form to fill in, which I did. They then rang me to inform me I was a whole £2.30 overdrawn this month, so I wrote a "snotty" letter and also informing them that I hadnt heard back about the form I had sent!! Anyway got a letter yesterday stating that they are going to refund last month's bank charges and take off any for this month!!! I was so pleased I had to just tell you all!! I know its not much (£95 last month and was to be £85 this month) but every little helps!!
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi, I only sent my letter off to Egg on the 7th April and they have replied already, just basicaly stating that they have received my complaint. I also sent one, before this one, to Natwest but still have not had a reply, how long should I wait until I get a reply?

I really do wish that I had done the First Plus claim and another couple of credit cards myself instead of instructing a company - but I didnt realise about this site then and I presume its too late now!

I must tell you this cos its partly this site giving me confidence that I did what I did!! I was quite pleased yesterday with myself cos I genuinely thought that I had cancelled all my direct debits with my Nationwide current account (my salary is just paid into there but that more or less coveres the mortgage) bascially because they shut our local branch down and I couldnt get any other money into the account as the only branch near here is too far away!! So anyways I get a call last month stating that I had gone overdrawn and I didnt know why, when on questioning I apparently still had direct debits trying to be claimed!! Thus resulting in bank charges thus making me go over the overdraft limit! So I kicked off, told them that we were stuggling as my oh had been made redundant a couple of times in just over a year and had to take a job with a lot less money, and they sent me a form to fill in, which I did. They then rang me to inform me I was a whole £2.30 overdrawn this month, so I wrote a "snotty" letter and also informing them that I hadnt heard back about the form I had sent!! Anyway got a letter yesterday stating that they are going to refund last month's bank charges and take off any for this month!!! I was so pleased I had to just tell you all!! I know its not much (£95 last month and was to be £85 this month) but every little helps!!

Great work and well done to you!:T:j that's the way hon, keep up the great work.:T

Right for the ones you have not heard from they normally have 8 weeks, but normally send an acknowledgement letter to confirm they have received your letter between 7-14 days.
    Chase them up if the 8 weeks have passed and inform them of the FOS if you don't hear within the next 14 days.

Good luck, so proud of you!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Morning all,

Currently have two claims against at Natwest. Claim one is with FO after adjudicator awarded in my favour, but the "helpful banking" bank rejected this. They said that a decision could not be made until result of JR. Second claim, is currently on hold as Natwest say they are awaiting result of JR.

However, I fail to see what the JR has to do with my and many other claims. Isn't the JR looking at banks going through old cases and opening them up again?

Do feel like sending a letter to Natwest asking why they are stalling as they could quite easily review the second claim. Might do that this afternoon.

Does anyone know when JR result is due?

Keep up the good fight.
  • In September last year I was approached by Simms & Carmichael to reclaim PPI.
    The loan I had originally was in with Household bank For £5000 plus 2 lots of insurance in 2004.
    I sent Simms and Carmicheal my original documents for the loan and the PPI which they said they said they didn't recognise my Loan aggreement number,lickily I still had the original cheque stub from when I paid the loan off, it cost me £8500.
    I then sent this off( a copy) and kept recieving letters from Simms and Carmichael telling me about the Judicial review and how my claim is included in this.
    In January Key Financial took over Simms and Carmichael ,the lady who was dealing with me told me that yhis woruld not affect my claim.
    I keep e-mailing her asking what is happening please see replies below
    I am emailing in relation to our previous discussions regarding the judicial review. I wanted to ensure you that I will update you as soon as there has been any developments with regards to the hearing. Please see the below media statement posted yesterday:-
    ‘The outcome of the Judicial Review into PPI Redress is expected shortly. Whilst a decision has been reached, it will not be made known until officially handed down by the Judge. This is expected as soon as the legal teams of the various parties can fix an available date in the Judge’s calendar.’
    I hope to update you as soon as possible.
    As per my below emails, your complaint is included within the Judicial Review. Your complaint is on hold with the lender and until the review has been completed, unfortunately there will be no further updates.

As explained, we are hoping there is a final response by Friday 25th March 2011, although there is a chance there could be further delays dependant on the courts.

I am sorry I have no further positive news.

Can some one advise me on what to do
    Thanks
  • Hi Its me again Sorry about my spelling mistakes

Im on my break at work.
    I am on DMP and really trying to get back on track.
    I have other claims which I do not know wht to do about.
    Thanks
  • edited 14 April 2011 at 5:18PM
    amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 April 2011 at 5:18PM
    Hi there shellbo10, all you can do with the claim company is wait for the judicial review to gain a conclusion on this matter.

If you have the account numbers for other loans that you have with payment protection, then take a look here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance. You will get all the information here that you need to know, look at the reasons for mis sell and if any/all apply to you then you can make a claim. In the link i have given, you will find a template letter to make a claim with, you do not have to use the template (i find it daunting) you can write a letter in your own words(this will work just as well as the template and get you the same result) to the bank or credit card company.

Tell them you believe you were mis sold the ppi on this account because... and give your reasons.Send it off first class recorded and give them 8 weeks to reply.

Reclaiming is as easy as that, i am just sorry that you have used a company for the first one.
    You will get all the help you need on this site for free, if you need any help please just ask. We are a friendly bunch on here and we will help you all we can.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Currently have two claims against at Natwest. Claim one is with FO after adjudicator awarded in my favour, but the "helpful banking" bank rejected this. They said that a decision could not be made until result of JR. Second claim, is currently on hold as Natwest say they are awaiting result of JR.

However, I fail to see what the JR has to do with my and many other claims. Isn't the JR looking at banks going through old cases and opening them up again?

Do feel like sending a letter to Natwest asking why they are stalling as they could quite easily review the second claim. Might do that this afternoon.

Does anyone know when JR result is due?

Keep up the good fight.
    Hi there, a decision has been reached on the jr, they are just waiting for the judge to announce this,when a date is fixed for this then we will know what the score is. I think a letter to natwest would be a waste of time at this stage, just hang on in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides