PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 2:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Minklet wrote: »
    I made a complaint to LloydsTSb back in October. They got back to me a couple of times saying they were lookking into it. Now I've got a letter saying that they are going to register and store my complaint until after the outcome of the court proceedings

So essentially, they've put my complaint on hold. Should I complain to the Ombudsman? What's the procedure, because they havent given me a final word on the matter, but nearly 6 months is a bit long

Hiya

Mine have been the same with them, yet they did say they would get back to me by or before the 16 April.
    Its up to you if you want to make the complaint to the FOS, but please be aware they even have high volumes of complaints which can take anything from 6 to 18 months.

I understand a decision will be made at some point, but we don't know exactly when, I'm going to see what happens on the next letter.

Good luck with yours.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi wondering if anybody has any advice, i claimed back my PPI insurance for a business loan with Lloyds through Brunel franklin. This process took thwe best part of 18 months, my loan is held with a third party as i was unable to carry on the high monhtly payments once i had sold the business due to financial difficulties, the third party is a company called "Wescot" also owned by Lloyds, i have an agreement with Wescot to pay them a fixed amount each month as i am on low earnings, when the PPI credit got awarded they paid it straight to Wescot even though i have more pressing debts such as high interest credit cards etc. Do i have any grounds to try and pursue the money paid off the loan to come directly to me?

The obusmant seemed to give up trying after the first attempt and just told me to contact Westcot myself or Lloyds but they where rather rude and unhelpful in the matter? i do not understand how they can mis-sell me something and then i win my case and Lloyds in a round about way keep it?? Any comments or advise would be helpful. Thanks

Hi Hayley and welcome.

Sorry to hear of your issues here, and hope they will be resolved soon.

I understand if there is ongoing debt/arrears they do normally use the refund towards the debt, despite being in payment agreements, if anything remaining plus interest should be awarded directly to you to what I am aware of.

However, if you have other debts which may be secured, such as a mortgage or rent that your behind with, you can argue that you were hoping to use the money towards paying these debts.

Maybe someone on here will have a better answer here for you and be here shortly.

Fingers crossed for you.:)
  • mozl01mozl01 Forumite
    33 Posts
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

Wishing you luck on this, the email I found was this one here.

[EMAIL="Lynne.Peacock@nab.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL]

http://www.ybonline.co.uk/

:) thanks for you help
  • antdonantdon Forumite
    232 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hi

I havent read any reports of anyone managing to claim against mortgage PPI's.....

I took out a mortgage with the Halifax in 1995...
    The PPI was more or less manditory....
    The PPI is still running.....

Have I got a claim????
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    antdon wrote: »
    Hi

I havent read any reports of anyone managing to claim against mortgage PPI's.....

I took out a mortgage with the Halifax in 1995...
    The PPI was more or less manditory....
    The PPI is still running.....

Have I got a claim????

Hiya

If mis sold, then I assume you can make a reclaim, but what I would do is post on a separate thread so its not missed and stay within the ppi threads, dunstonh I'm sure will know more on this one.
    Subject it something like Mortgage PPI help please.

Good luck.
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Your VERY welcome Bob, so happy to hear your result of this, good for both of you.:A:beer:, again well done! x
    hi all
    Whoopee I have received a cheque today for the sum of the single payment PPI. I rang BOS and asked why I had not received the full amount which would include the intrest paid on the single payment PPI and also intrest at the rate of 8% simple for a period of 5 years. I was placed on hold for 5 mins when he came back I was told that they were calculating the remainder of my repyment and would receive a further letter in the post explaining the calculations and if we agreed to sign and return for a final payment. Just waiting now hopefully it should not be to long, I just cannot beleive that i have won in such a short period of time.

Bob
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    rmason00 wrote: »
    hi all
    Whoopee I have received a cheque today for the sum of the single payment PPI. I rang BOS and asked why I had not received the full amount which would include the intrest paid on the single payment PPI and also intrest at the rate of 8% simple for a period of 5 years. I was placed on hold for 5 mins when he came back I was told that they were calculating the remainder of my repyment and would receive a further letter in the post explaining the calculations and if we agreed to sign and return for a final payment. Just waiting now hopefully it should not be to long, I just cannot beleive that i have won in such a short period of time.

Bob

That is brilliant Bob, well done!:T:beer::j
  • I will do....Thank you for the info :cool:
  • Footiemad_2Footiemad_2 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    hi all

Bob

Well done you. Fingers crossed you will be totally happy with the final offer.:T:T
    Footiemad:footie: 2013 - SPC no.1147...Keeep potting!!
    2013-VSP #21 £14.59
    SPC 2012 - £207.44
    SPC 2011 £647
    VSP 2011 £70.37
    23lb/54lb :o
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi all

Bob
    :beer: Another win :j:j Well done.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides