PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    flowersky wrote: »
    Hi
    after reading all this I have decided to look at the loan I use to have with Black Horse.
    What a surprise I had an insurance and I don t remember taking that.I was quite desperate at that time.
    I have written to them and they reply telling me that they are looking into it.After one week they wrote again same letter.
    I phoned yesterday and they told me that the case is still in court so they don t know what s happening and everything is on hold.
    What shall I do now?
    are they telling me porky s .
    Thank you to anybody which will read and help

Hi there

Good luck on your reclaim and hope you hear some good news soon.

The normal timescales of complaints/reclaiming is 8 weeks.

How long ago did you actually put in your reclaim?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • cruncher75 wrote: »
    So i sent my letter off on the 15th and got a reply back today from first response

We acknowledge the complaint received on the 16/03/11 regarding a payment proctection policy purchased on 11/07/07 and are now in the process of investigating this.

Please be aware that should your complaint be upheld,then any refund will be calculated in accordance with financial ombudsman service guidlines on redress. This would mean that any arrears on your agreement would have to be deducted from the settlement of your claim and affect any refund payable to you .

We will write to you once we have completed our investigation

So i got a letter back today stating

We are writing to you regarding concerns you have about how we sold you your ppi. We have now fully investigated the issues you raised. Our records show that on 09/07/2007 at 12:00 you spoke to our underwriter Caroline H and you were provided with all the information required for you to make an informed decision to purchase the policy. Our records demonstrate that we are fully complied with the financial services authority rules on selling these policies. We therefore cannot uphold your complaint that the policy was mis-sold

So i do not remember me or the wife speaking to anyone on the phone i know i was 4 years ago but i know i never and she dont think she did im sure they spoke to the sales man would they have a record of the phone call and were do i go from here
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    cruncher75 wrote: »
    So i got a letter back today stating

We are writing to you regarding concerns you have about how we sold you your ppi. We have now fully investigated the issues you raised. Our records show that on 09/07/2007 at 12:00 you spoke to our underwriter Caroline H and you were provided with all the information required for you to make an informed decision to purchase the policy. Our records demonstrate that we are fully complied with the financial services authority rules on selling these policies. We therefore cannot uphold your complaint that the policy was mis-sold

So i do not remember me or the wife speaking to anyone on the phone i know i was 4 years ago but i know i never and she dont think she did im sure they spoke to the sales man would they have a record of the phone call and were do i go from here

Hiya

Contact the FOS who may suggest another direction, explain your situation to them as well.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

Good luck.
  • Im sure it was the sales man that was the one who said we needed this coz we do have bad credit score as we are on a dmp
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

Good luck on your reclaim and hope you hear some good news soon.

The normal timescales of complaints/reclaiming is 8 weeks.

How long ago did you actually put in your reclaim?
    Hi
    The first letter was send two weeks ago. after two days i recived a letter saying that they have recived my claim and a form to fill in .
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi
    The first letter was send two weeks ago. after two days i recived a letter saying that they have recived my claim and a form to fill in .

Hiya

I would give them a little longer then, as they could take up to 8 weeks, but in that time should keep you informed, good luck.;)
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hiya

I would give them a little longer then, as they could take up to 8 weeks, but in that time should keep you informed, good luck.;)
    Ok I will
    Thank you
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Ok I will
    Thank you

Your very welcome.
    Chase them up if you've not heard further when the 8 weeks passes, and if they don't get back to you by then, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
    More details on how to complain to the FOS here.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Please keep us posted, cheers. ;)
  • MinkletMinklet Forumite
    17 Posts
    I made a complaint to LloydsTSb back in October. They got back to me a couple of times saying they were lookking into it. Now I've got a letter saying that they are going to register and store my complaint until after the outcome of the court proceedings

So essentially, they've put my complaint on hold. Should I complain to the Ombudsman? What's the procedure, because they havent given me a final word on the matter, but nearly 6 months is a bit long
  • Hi wondering if anybody has any advice, i claimed back my PPI insurance for a business loan with Lloyds through Brunel franklin. This process took thwe best part of 18 months, my loan is held with a third party as i was unable to carry on the high monhtly payments once i had sold the business due to financial difficulties, the third party is a company called "Wescot" also owned by Lloyds, i have an agreement with Wescot to pay them a fixed amount each month as i am on low earnings, when the PPI credit got awarded they paid it straight to Wescot even though i have more pressing debts such as high interest credit cards etc. Do i have any grounds to try and pursue the money paid off the loan to come directly to me?

The obusmant seemed to give up trying after the first attempt and just told me to contact Westcot myself or Lloyds but they where rather rude and unhelpful in the matter? i do not understand how they can mis-sell me something and then i win my case and Lloyds in a round about way keep it?? Any comments or advise would be helpful. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides