PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

Options

Comments

• eddieps
    Options
    Originally Posted by eddieps viewpost.gif
    Hello

Currently clainming against two credit card PPI which in all honesty I took out by just being an idiot and assuming I needed to as part of getting the cards.
    The first one was with Mint, I have sent letter asking for amounts and have got back a photocopied piece of paper with no acknowledgement or any clue as to who it was from, the only I know it is from them is because the payments shown on match the last statements I have, so in this case do I just reequest the PPI's back?
    The second one was Virgin (aka MBNA) I asked for the info almost 2 years ago and also sent a letter asking them to cancel the PPI, but through my wife going into hospital, then moving and changing PC's it all got held up till recently. I have had letter back giving costs but also saying that according to their records I requested PPC be added to my account? (would certainly have not) and that I was sent a booklet giving me 30 days to cancel. They also say I never requested this info before, although I dont have copy of letter I sent for the info I do have one I sent to cancel the PPI.
    They have given phone number to discuss any further queries, do I ignore and just say I dont agree?
    Any advice appreciated

Hello and thanks for very detailed response, but think I may have confused with my explanation, it was the SAR i was sent from both when I said I asked for letter with amounts (I sent letter from Template on here as you also suggested)
    One sent a bit of paper with the PPI payments on and absolutely nothing else, plain envelop, no acknowledgement slip anything, only reson I knew it was Mint was they matched last two statements.
    The other was from Virgin (MBNA) and they said I asked for it as detailed in my original thread, i can only think my response would be that if I actually chatted to them they would have asked me about my medical history?? and of course there is the fact I asked for info two years ago and also to cancel my PPI.
    Sorry for confusion.
    Originally Posted by eddieps viewpost.gif
    Hello

Currently clainming against two credit card PPI which in all honesty I took out by just being an idiot and assuming I needed to as part of getting the cards.
    The first one was with Mint, I have sent letter asking for amounts and have got back a photocopied piece of paper with no acknowledgement or any clue as to who it was from, the only I know it is from them is because the payments shown on match the last statements I have, so in this case do I just reequest the PPI's back?
    The second one was Virgin (aka MBNA) I asked for the info almost 2 years ago and also sent a letter asking them to cancel the PPI, but through my wife going into hospital, then moving and changing PC's it all got held up till recently. I have had letter back giving costs but also saying that according to their records I requested PPC be added to my account? (would certainly have not) and that I was sent a booklet giving me 30 days to cancel. They also say I never requested this info before, although I dont have copy of letter I sent for the info I do have one I sent to cancel the PPI.
    They have given phone number to discuss any further queries, do I ignore and just say I dont agree?
    Any advice appreciated
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

It may be a good idea to request for Subject Access Requests (SAR) in order to get more information on your accounts, they have 40 calendar days to comply and send all the details they hold.
    You have to enclose a payment of £10 cheque or postal order for this request and I suggest its also best to post by recorded delivery, for your proof of posting.

There is a SAR template on this site as below if you want to request for your details here;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

I would not agree to anything on the telephone and only deal with these matters by written correspondence.

If you have the account number of these accounts though there is no harm in giving it a go on the reclaiming anyway.

You pursue the ones who set up and sold you the policies and they have 8 weeks to give a decision.

You can do this by either writing a letter in your own words, by doing the below:

Request for a refund paid to date with the interest on the account.
    Give the reasons of why your reclaiming.
    And request they get back by 8 weeks.
    Then confirm if you do not receive a response in your favour, you will consider making a complaint to the financial ombudsman service (FOS).
    Try to give them as much info as possible.

Or you can complete the FOS questionnaire, this is in replacement of the first reclaiming letter on this site (and nothing to do with a FOS complaints form, as some get confused on this), complete and send to whom responsible, and keep a copy for yourself in case you need to refer to it at some point later on.
    You will find the FOS questionnaire on link added below, further down the page as stage one.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Or do both, its up to you.

Good luck.;)
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Having trouble posting today folks, will try to come back later, think i may have pluresy (again), so have to see my doc again later, catch ya lata.;)
    Hope you feel better soon Di.:)
  • sorted85
    Options
    Thank you di3004 for the info. Ive managed to order a statement from barclays for 2004 hopefully this will have the account number of the loan visible. This arrives in 8 days. Will keep you update. Again thanks.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hope you are ok di xx stop making excuses :p just so you can have a break from posting now that marshalka and i are back:rotfl::rotfl:
    (only joking :A )
  • mach2001
    Options
    Hi all bit of a newbie with all this reclaiming, I had a loan that ended with lloyds less than six years ago for around £14000, I am wondering what I do i've seen the form to fill out from the website but do I ask Lloyds for the history first or do I fill the form out as I dont have the Loan acc number or does it mean my bank acc number.
    Sorry for going on I was getting a bit confused reading all the info.
    Thanks to anyone who can help.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mach2001 wrote: »
    Hi all bit of a newbie with all this reclaiming, I had a loan that ended with lloyds less than six years ago for around £14000, I am wondering what I do i've seen the form to fill out from the website but do I ask Lloyds for the history first or do I fill the form out as I dont have the Loan acc number or does it mean my bank acc number.
    Sorry for going on I was getting a bit confused reading all the info.
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi there and welcome, if you paid your loan through your bank by dd check your statements or look online if you do internet banking, this should show you the account number of the loan.That is linked to the same account as your ppi and they will find all the info you need from there.If you cannot find this, write to the bank and request your agreement and enclose cheque or postal order for £1. Good luck with this and keep us posted.I find a letter in your own words is easier (it was for me) just put loan account number, your address and that you believe you were mis sold this ploicy and put your reasons why. And you would like ppi you paid returning to you with interest, give them 8 weeks to reply and then post back with what they say,and if you need anymore help just shout.x
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Marshallka and Amersall.:A:A

LOl amersall.

Its been confirmed as Pluresy and on 500MG amoxicillin, hope to be back in the next day or 2 when feeling better, thanks XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Anna*_2-2
    Options
    Just a quick question, I have finally found my old Goldfish CC account number from 1998. I closed the account in 2003, Goldfish were then part of HFC Bank I seem to remember. Is this still the case or did Barclaycard take them over? I want to be sure that I write to the correct address when I ask for my credit agreement.

Thanking you in advance.
  • di3004
    Options
    My hubby's email in regards of a CC ppi paid out in Marsh 2010, where calcs are being reviewed........this is from the FOS..

Dear Mr ,

I am currently awaiting your account statements from Lloyds TSB in order for us to review their offer and calculations. Once these have been received your calculations will be reviewed.

Please accept my apologies for this delay.

yours sincerely
    I
  • di3004
    Options
    Anna* wrote: »
    Just a quick question, I have finally found my old Goldfish CC account number from 1998. I closed the account in 2003, Goldfish were then part of HFC Bank I seem to remember. Is this still the case or did Barclaycard take them over? I want to be sure that I write to the correct address when I ask for my credit agreement.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi Anna

If i were you I would still pursue Goldfish anyway if it were these that set up and sold you the account, they should then confirm who will be dealing with this complaint........or even pass it on, you could request they do that for you otherwise and to let you know.

Hope this helps, X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family