PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

Options

Comments

• MattyA
    MattyA Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    MattyA wrote: »
    Hi Like sorted above - I am new to PPI reclaim having never heard of it until I stumbled across this site recently.
    Anyway I have been digging through my paperwork of the last 20 years and have come up with various accounts & loans that had PPI on them.
    I have sent off the first letters to what I thought were the more straightforward cases (probably no such thing I know) and got my first reply yesterday which in effect was a knockback from Lombard.

They say:
    They cant find any reference to me or the account I quote on their systems.
    (I have copies of the finance agreement & the PPI/Keyman policy - should I send these to them?)
    My claim is for an agreement that dates back to/started in 1997 & that;
    (a) I should have known then that I had been mis sold.
    (b) It was sold outside the FSA ICCOB regulations and as such a needs & demands statement was not a requirement at that time
    (c) Due to the time elapsed time barring rules apply & Lombard reserves the right to apply these rules.

Are they correct in what they are saying is this worth pursuing?
    I have not heard of th FSA ICCOB regulations or seen them being mentioned before in relation to PPI claims,nor have I seen time barring mentioned on this site / threads relating to PPI.
    (I am new & have not read all the threads as yet admittedly)

Any thoughts / advice would be much appreciated.

Any comments re the above / in general would be appreciated.
    I am new to this & have a number of accounts with ppi attached to them.
    All of them a very long standing mid nineties / late eighties in a couple of instances.
    I was getting ready to try and reclaim ppi on a number of accounts
    but the mention of time barring & the 6 year limit have put the dampner on it for me now.
    I have worked out that ppi paid to one card + the interest that they applied to the ppi premium charged + the 8% interest allowed if successfull amounts to £25K +! - I know there are a lot of ifs and buts.....but I would like to give it a go if it is not a non starter.

Thanks in advance & keep up the good work.
  • robbedofmymoney
    Options
    MattyA wrote: »
    Any comments re the above / in general would be appreciated.
    I am new to this & have a number of accounts with ppi attached to them.
    All of them a very long standing mid nineties / late eighties in a couple of instances.
    I was getting ready to try and reclaim ppi on a number of accounts
    but the mention of time barring & the 6 year limit have put the dampner on it for me now.
    I have worked out that ppi paid to one card + the interest that they applied to the ppi premium charged + the 8% interest allowed if successfull amounts to £25K +! - I know there are a lot of ifs and buts.....but I would like to give it a go if it is not a non starter.

Thanks in advance & keep up the good work.

if the company is writing back saying they no longer have the information this does not stop you claiming if you were miss-sold and can demonstrate you took out the policy and loan with them.

i would write back, enclosing a photocopy of the loan and ppi agreement and then politely ask them to re-look at your complaint with the additional information you have provided.

there is no time bar on how far back you can claim, the time bar is on the banks and the time they have to hold information for which is 6 years.

good luck and let us know how you get on
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • waffnaff
    Options
    Hi evryone,
    I,m new to all this so hope I get it right. I'd like to ask about PPI on my virgin credit card. I took out the card approx in 2003 and think I applied for it on line. For the past six years we have paid PPI of about £1600 in total. I didn't ask for this to be added but if there was a box to tick or untick to remove this from the product, can I still do something about reclaiming? All this time we just assumed the PPI was part of this card and not optional. We have recently paid off this card.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    waffnaff wrote: »
    Hi evryone,
    I,m new to all this so hope I get it right. I'd like to ask about PPI on my virgin credit card. I took out the card approx in 2003 and think I applied for it on line. For the past six years we have paid PPI of about £1600 in total. I didn't ask for this to be added but if there was a box to tick or untick to remove this from the product, can I still do something about reclaiming? All this time we just assumed the PPI was part of this card and not optional. We have recently paid off this card.

Hi and welcome

I would give it a go with your reasons, I used to think ppi was all part of the credit card and it was also added automatically by the bank, give it a go and keep at them.

I would either write a letter in your own words, just write to request they refund you all you have paid in ppi and interest.
    Give them your reasons on why your reclaiming.

They have 8 weeks to give a decision, sometimes they ask for more time, that is fine just as long as you know where you stand.

Then confirm if you do not receive a favourable response, you will consider taking your complaint to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) with any evidence you have.

Or

The other option is to complete the FOS ppi questionnaire (these are in replacement of the first template reclaiming letter) not to be confused with the FOS complaints form.
    Then send to whoever responsible for setting up and selling you the policy.
    Remember to keep a copy for your own records and in case you need to refer to it at some point.

You will find the questionnaire on link below, further down the page as stage one.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Or if you want to - do both the above.

And post by recorded delivery, this is your proof of posting.

Good luck - please keep us posted, cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    sorted85 wrote: »
    Thank you di3004 for the info. Ive managed to order a statement from barclays for 2004 hopefully this will have the account number of the loan visible. This arrives in 8 days. Will keep you update. Again thanks.

Your very welcome.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    eddieps wrote: »
    Originally Posted by eddieps viewpost.gif
    Hello

Currently clainming against two credit card PPI which in all honesty I took out by just being an idiot and assuming I needed to as part of getting the cards.
    The first one was with Mint, I have sent letter asking for amounts and have got back a photocopied piece of paper with no acknowledgement or any clue as to who it was from, the only I know it is from them is because the payments shown on match the last statements I have, so in this case do I just reequest the PPI's back?
    The second one was Virgin (aka MBNA) I asked for the info almost 2 years ago and also sent a letter asking them to cancel the PPI, but through my wife going into hospital, then moving and changing PC's it all got held up till recently. I have had letter back giving costs but also saying that according to their records I requested PPC be added to my account? (would certainly have not) and that I was sent a booklet giving me 30 days to cancel. They also say I never requested this info before, although I dont have copy of letter I sent for the info I do have one I sent to cancel the PPI.
    They have given phone number to discuss any further queries, do I ignore and just say I dont agree?
    Any advice appreciated

Hello and thanks for very detailed response, but think I may have confused with my explanation, it was the SAR i was sent from both when I said I asked for letter with amounts (I sent letter from Template on here as you also suggested)
    One sent a bit of paper with the PPI payments on and absolutely nothing else, plain envelop, no acknowledgement slip anything, only reson I knew it was Mint was they matched last two statements.
    The other was from Virgin (MBNA) and they said I asked for it as detailed in my original thread, i can only think my response would be that if I actually chatted to them they would have asked me about my medical history?? and of course there is the fact I asked for info two years ago and also to cancel my PPI.
    Sorry for confusion.
    Originally Posted by eddieps viewpost.gif
    Hello

Currently clainming against two credit card PPI which in all honesty I took out by just being an idiot and assuming I needed to as part of getting the cards.
    The first one was with Mint, I have sent letter asking for amounts and have got back a photocopied piece of paper with no acknowledgement or any clue as to who it was from, the only I know it is from them is because the payments shown on match the last statements I have, so in this case do I just reequest the PPI's back?
    The second one was Virgin (aka MBNA) I asked for the info almost 2 years ago and also sent a letter asking them to cancel the PPI, but through my wife going into hospital, then moving and changing PC's it all got held up till recently. I have had letter back giving costs but also saying that according to their records I requested PPC be added to my account? (would certainly have not) and that I was sent a booklet giving me 30 days to cancel. They also say I never requested this info before, although I dont have copy of letter I sent for the info I do have one I sent to cancel the PPI.
    They have given phone number to discuss any further queries, do I ignore and just say I dont agree?
    Any advice appreciated

Hi ........sorry, so where are we on this now, getting confused due to my other post posted - Sorry.......:o
  • eddieps
    Options
    Sorry for the confusion, let me copy just the bit thats relevant below.........

Hello and thanks for very detailed response, but think I may have confused with my explanation, it was the SAR i was sent from both when I said I asked for letter with amounts (I sent letter from Template on here as you also suggested)
    One sent a bit of paper with the PPI payments on and absolutely nothing else, plain envelop, no acknowledgement slip anything, only reson I knew it was Mint was they matched last two statements.

The other was from Virgin (MBNA) and they said I asked for it as detailed in my original thread, i can only think my response would be that if I actually chatted to them they would have asked me about my medical history?? and of course there is the fact I asked for info two years ago and also to cancel my PPI, this was the one that left phone number for me to call and discuss, i mentioned in original post.
    Sorry for confusion.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 September 2010 at 7:50PM
    Options
    eddieps wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion, let me copy just the bit thats relevant below.........

The other was from Virgin (MBNA) and they said I asked for it as detailed in my original thread, i can only think my response would be that if I actually chatted to them they would have asked me about my medical history?? and of course there is the fact I asked for info two years ago and also to cancel my PPI, this was the one that left phone number for me to call and discuss, i mentioned in original post.
    Sorry for confusion.
    Hi there, if you have the account numbers, just do as di says, either use a template letter or write your own, tell them you were mis sold ppi and put your reasons why, and you want ppi paid to date with interest. Good luck with this and keep us posted. concerning the virgin one, put that you have a medical history from previous and do not believe you were phoned as you would have mentioned this when thinking about ppi. And tell them you have only just learnt that you could have been mis sold this product otherwise you would have claimed before.
  • Dirks_Engine_Room
    Options
    Evening all,

Just got me "we need another 4 weeks" letter from Natwest. FOS are dealing with other claim. Why don't Natwest reject me now (like they will), save me the waiting time and I can go straight to FOS now!

AH well, fingers crossed.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all,

Just got me "we need another 4 weeks" letter from Natwest. FOS are dealing with other claim. Why don't Natwest reject me now (like they will), save me the waiting time and I can go straight to FOS now!

AH well, fingers crossed.
    Hi there, hang on in there and dont be defeatist :p you may get a nice surprise :D:D fingers crossed x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure