Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2010 at 12:55PM
    Options
    Just seen these quotes on the tesco website regarding restaurant vouchers.
    How will they know when the vouchers were ordered.

Please be aware that any restaurant tokens ordered between 30 Nov - 3 Jan cannot be used at PizzaExpress until after 3 January.

Sorry, as our Chef & Brewer reward is very popular, to help Chef & Brewer cope with the extra demand, tokens ordered after 29 Nov cannot be used between 13 Dec and 3 Jan 2011

How confusing is that???
    Talk about changing goal posts - they should have thought about this one earlier and put a blanket exclusion period around Xmas if they were concerned about demand. Bit late now :mad:
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • adoreholidays
    Options
    I'm fairly certain they're restaurant specific.
    No they can be used in most restaurants or even days out etc as long as the deal is not pay in full and a few restaurants say on the details if you can only use them there. Ours always come in value of £10 we use them in prezzo, pizza express, cafe rouge, bella italia and mela in London you can also use them towards some hotel bookings so you have alot of choice later on if you change them into these and can't make up your mind right now what you want this is what we have done and the last 6 months.
  • anthonyf218
    Options
    Hi. Im just about to trade in my tesco clubcard points for virgin holiday vouchers. But - if i cant decide on a virgin holiday within the next 6 months am i able to sell the vouchers on (i.e. are they generic / transferable virgin vouchers or are they specific to each person's name and clubcard account?)

Any advice appreciated. :)

Thanks, Anthony
  • HannahIOW
    HannahIOW Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya I have never exchanged my vouchers for rewards before, can someone give me some pointers please? I don't know what to get for the best. I can't see anything on the site which is four times the value?? All I can see is doubled, £5 into £10 etc.

I have £61.50 to use :eek:

Thanks
    £2 Savers Club 2011 (putting towards a deposit :)) - £588
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HannahIOW wrote: »
    Hiya I have never exchanged my vouchers for rewards before, can someone give me some pointers please? I don't know what to get for the best. I can't see anything on the site which is four times the value?? All I can see is doubled, £5 into £10 etc.

I have £61.50 to use :eek:

Thanks

In the Rewards section (used to be called deals)
    http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • tinkerbelluk
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't get through to anyone at clubcard! If I order goldsmiths vouchers today will I get the x4 exchange rate even if they take a few weeks to come through?
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • misscoupon
    misscoupon Posts: 563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2010 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Yes you should. The exchange rate (4x till end of Dec 5th and 3x after) is used when you order your rewards, so better convert now ;)
    :grinheart It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future :grinheart
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    I've had three watches from Goldsmiths in the past two weeks with tesco vouchers, three separate orders. I ordered them online and they arrived within two days, courier delivery no charge for delivery either. Most impressed.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jaymac wrote: »
    I've had three watches from Goldsmiths in the past two weeks with tesco vouchers, three separate orders. I ordered them online and they arrived within two days, courier delivery no charge for delivery either. Most impressed.

Two weeks ago I ordered Goldsmiths vouchers from tesco, they arrived a week later and I sent them off to Goldsmiths with my order form last Friday second class. I have just had an email saying my goods ahve been despatched and will be with me before 1pm tomorrow. That seems very good service.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi. Im just about to trade in my tesco clubcard points for virgin holiday vouchers. But - if i cant decide on a virgin holiday within the next 6 months am i able to sell the vouchers on (i.e. are they generic / transferable virgin vouchers or are they specific to each person's name and clubcard account?)

Any advice appreciated. :)

Thanks, Anthony

all deal tokens can be more or less used against any other deal. so if you decide you dont want a holiday you can use them for other deals. however prob due to the value you will be exchanging for holiday vouchers,it might be hard to use them all elsewhere, before they expire - however, you can return them to tesco for a credit, but then the points get put back onto your account, and obviously after the 5th the exchange rate drops to 3x

you arent supposed to be able to sell vouchers on, but there seems to be a fairly decent trade going on on ebay, so you could recoup some money

F
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport