🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, I would'nt worry about it yet if I were you.I think the days are gone when they used to come within a couple of days.The last lot I ordered took over a week from the 'dispatch' date my DILs took 2 weeks as have many others who have posted here.

Tesco will not do anything about it for 2 weeks anyway
  • cymrubaby
    cymrubaby Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, long story short - I didn't receive my Christmas Saver Clubcard vouchers in November so I contacted Clubcard and asked them why. It turned out my address hadn't been changed since I moved a year ago (I never noticed the lack of Clubcard statements as I save for Christmas and just assumed all points were being carried over 'til November). The people who live in my old house received my vouchers and had the cheek to spend them too. Is this illegal?

I have now changed my address and Tesco are re-issuing the vouchers to me, which I am very grateful for but it still irks me that these people have spent £186 of my vouchers. I have sent Clubcard Customer Services an email asking them why the vouchers were able to be used without my clubcard and am awaiting a reply. I know that a lot of cashiers don't bother matching up names on cards and vouchers so presumably the vouchers were taken without question.

Do you think Tesco can do anything about this theft?

Thanks in advance.
  • bigstevex
    bigstevex Posts: 913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd pay them a visit the cheeky b*stards, its against the law to open other peoples mail i thought lol
  • cymrubaby
    cymrubaby Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    bigstevex wrote: »
    I'd pay them a visit the cheeky b*stards, its against the law to open other peoples mail i thought lol

I would love to pay them a visit, but from what my old neighbours say (when I saw them a couple of months ago) the new people renting there are really rough.

I thought it was illegal to open other peoples' mail too - let alone use things from that mail!
  • Munro_Bagger
    Options
    Hello everyone - I have recently had issues redeeming my Clubcard vouchers online :(, and would appreciate your help!

In short, I tried to redeem three vouchers online, totalling £22, all with the same 'valid until' date of 31/05/11. Unfortunately, I was presented with the error code "Sorry, your voucher number 'XXXX' could not be accepted, as the code has been mistyped or is invalid. Ref: CC12" for each.

As a result, I had to use some other vouchers. I contacted Tesco Clubcard, attaching three screen prints, showing these errors as they were presented on the clubcard website, and a scanned image showing all three vouchers, as received by me. The vouchers have not been used and I am the only clubcard holder in the household with access to my online account.

I have asked Tesco why I am unable to use these vouchers. At £22, they equate to an £88 reward (4x) or £66 reward (x3), which isn't to be sniffed at!!! Clubcard advise they can't deal with my query about Tesco Freetime because they don't have access to the necessary database. My query has been passed on and I am assured Tesco Freetime will be in contact (1 week and counting!).

I had this issue exactly one year ago, but did not receive any explanation as to why it happened then. Those particular vouchers were also well within their 'valid until date'. Tesco refused to reissue and I lost out on £16 worth of vouchers!

Has anyone had problems of the type I describe above? If so, I'd really appreciate some advise about the response you've had from Tesco, and whether you've been successful in getting the vouchers reissued. Many thanks :)
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    cymrubaby wrote: »
    Hi all, long story short - I didn't receive my Christmas Saver Clubcard vouchers in November so I contacted Clubcard and asked them why. It turned out my address hadn't been changed since I moved a year ago (I never noticed the lack of Clubcard statements as I save for Christmas and just assumed all points were being carried over 'til November).
    Thanks in advance.

In theory those in the Xmas saver have the advantage with change of address, though considering the amount involved it is important to get it right. They only have one month - November to have the right address, while the rest have many more!
    Though, you only get your vouchers once, you do get sent statements every voucher period or in this case not ...
    Soon it will be possible to change address on 'myaccount' but currently changing it on-line only affects invoice address for orders/deliveries NOT Clubcard.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mungo Bagger:

Have you looked on 'myaccount' with your voucher details - does it still say unused? If used, what on - if 'on-line deal' maybe why it has been referred to Freetime.
    Otherwise, maybe worth while calling Clubcard to check out unused vouchers - rather than used, or active - it may be stuck in limbo with 'reserved' which can be reactivated.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Options
    Just curious if anyone knows when the points are taken for the december vouchers they'll be spending out as after tonight I'll have around £50 worth and wouldn't mind them before christmas!!!
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • davelewis
    Options
    Think the cut off date was last Saturday 27th November.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Yes that is correct, the Clubcard website states that the December collection period was 24th October to 27th November so around 5 weeks. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport