deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Sureley he cant be making 30k on a website that bad :confused:
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone's world is now crumbling down around them...

And from following all of this, it appears to be very much deserved...

EDIT: "Post Count: 666" No relation... :A ;)
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it" High Noon" for this chappy? (wrinklys will understand this)!
  • oldone_2
    oldone_2 Posts: 974 Forumite
    Options
    What comes across in the Mirror article is an arrogant schoolboy who thinks he is above the law.
    Sadly isn't that what a lot of errant youngsters now believe; reinforced by a tepid reaction from the law enforcers.
  • JamesGilmour
    Options
    Firstly, I understand that based on the Mirror article and the general "outrage" at this kid's lack of commercial probity, Protx, his card merchants, have "pulled the plug"; he'll move on to another card merchant within days, but all you have to do them is send them a couple of forum links as well as a contact number for Protx (or the Daily Mirror!) and they'll follow suit.

Another aspect of fraud appear to be that the company, at £300k-£400k per annum turnover, is not VAT registered. If anyone would care to make a call to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), that would be great. He also claims to have 4 employees who run the business while he is at school, but I bet he doesn't pay any PAYE or NI.

Oh finally, found a great sentence on his site, when he talks about refunds: it is as follows: "Any cancellation, refund or exchange cases where the customer is rude to staff, abuses them or threatens, will be overseen by a company executive, cancelled and ignored"
  • sweetstudent
    Options
    I also think that microsoft may wants words as well, as he states he is a oem systems builder. Just by looking at the sign, it looks fake!!!!

In all fairness the kid reminds me when i was younger, selling my £1.35 free school lunch for £3 a day!!!!!! :)
    :beer:In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year :beer:
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud
    With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • JamesGilmour
    JamesGilmour Posts: 114 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2020 at 6:00PM
    Options
    Running a business in this manner,********** is, of course (and he would be too arrogant to admit it) staggeringly naive. After the nationwide publicity in the Daily Mirror, he'll find himself up against a world of well educated adults, who will ensure that he never achieves those riches this insecure lad so desperately craves.

For one, if he does not mend his ways, the DTI (now, I believe, the Department of Business) will move in and present a petition in the High Court to wind the company up in the "public interest"; it would cost him between £50k and £100k to mount a professional defence, with no chance whatsoever of winning.

Then, if the public outrage is sufficiently big and the DTI feels that ******** is hiding behind the cloak of limited liability, they'll try to get an order for costs against [Name removed by Forum Team] personally (or presumably his father, who is listed as sole Director), which could be up to £500,000, and undoubtedly lead to the family's bankruptcy.

This would then be automatically followed by a Director Disqualification Action, which will stop him from running a limited company for up to the next 15 years.

Finally, he'll have Trading Standands, the Police, the DTI and the Inland Revenue watching over him for the rest of this life. Maserati anyone? No thanks, how much is the Astra please?

[Name removed by Forum Team], if you are reading this, focus on your school work, get some good A levels, study something sensible at university and work for someone else for 10 years; if then at the age of 31, you want to branch out on your own, then go for it, but, for god's sake stop what you are doing TODAY: you are too arrogant to realise it, but you are destroying your life.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    oldone wrote: »
    What comes across in the Mirror article is an arrogant schoolboy who thinks he is above the law.
    Sadly isn't that what a lot of errant youngsters now believe; reinforced by a tepid reaction from the law enforcers.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/news/2235900/teenage-tycoon-trouble
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Cleo_
    Cleo_ Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2020 at 6:15PM
    Options
    http://gcspcs.co.uk/store/index.php

Looks like sneaky [Name removed by Forum Team] has decided to change the name of his company.

Welcome to Nuevo Tech. We are grateful of you visiting our site. We offer great quality products at the LOWEST PRICES.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure