We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Faster Payments System FPS - Current state of play

Options

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ricardoro wrote: »
    Just done £1000 payment which amazingly went instantly and arrived instantly.

Progress at last!!
    There's a much more up-to-date thread on the state of FP and LTSB, it's been working OK for a few weeks now.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2006611
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ricardoro wrote: »
    Just done £1000 payment which amazingly went instantly and arrived instantly.

Progress at last!!

Thanks Ricardoro, I have updated the first post.

Cheers, Des.
  • DesG
    Options
    Just noticed that Nationwide have increased the send limit of FPS from the miserable £10 to the heady heights of £250. At least that is a bit more useful!

Cheers, Des.
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DesG wrote: »
    Just noticed that Nationwide have increased the send limit of FPS from the miserable £10 to the heady heights of £250. At least that is a bit more useful!

Cheers, Des.
    but only if you have the right sort code. My Flexaccount doesnt so I still cant FP anything :eek:
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • DesG
    edited 18 February 2010 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Chadsman wrote: »
    but only if you have the right sort code. My Flexaccount doesnt so I still cant FP anything :eek:

Indeed, it does mention that in the 1st post. They also had an update about bringing other sortcodes online soon...

"In the coming months we’ll be extending the service to all FlexAccount customers. We’ll notify you on this page when you are able to use this facility."

I got fed up waiting and just opened a new account to get the new sortcode.

Also noticed this other limitation:

"There is a cumulative daily limit of £1000 for Single Immediate Payments (SIPS) and £1000 for Future Dated Bill Payments (FDPS). This means that if you make a number of payments for the same day that in total breach these limits, any payments above the limit will be sent via BACS – eg 5 x payments of £250, the 5th payment will be sent via BACS."

Cheers, Des.
  • dougz_2
    dougz_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just noticed APACS say "Bank of Scotland" does £2500. I assume they meant to say HBOS, but I thought they still only did £1000. Is APACS right, has anyone tried?

http://www.ukpayments.org.uk/faster_payments_service/value_limits/
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BOS do it up to that limit now.
    HBOS isn't a bank, so I guess why thats not listed.
    Halifax, IF etc are all just names of Bank of Scotland.

I've noticed that the Faster Payments logo is now shown more prominently with Nationwide Internet banking, I would guess that they are finally rolling it out soon.

dougz wrote: »
    I just noticed APACS say "Bank of Scotland" does £2500. I assume they meant to say HBOS, but I thought they still only did £1000. Is APACS right, has anyone tried?

http://www.ukpayments.org.uk/faster_payments_service/value_limits/
  • cottager
    Options
    dougz wrote: »

Not as much as that, but I did £1500 and a separate £500 in one day last week. But it's still a case of playing the "Wonder what it'll let me do today" game... the following day it wouldn't allow me send out another £1k at all on the same a/c except by BACS. Transferred it to another, and it went out fine from there.
    ~cottager
  • thumshie
    thumshie Posts: 631 Forumite
    Options
    Nationwide now rolled out to 07-44-56 accounts too for receive and send(£10 only).
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/faster_payments/default.htm
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Options
    thumshie wrote: »
    Nationwide now rolled out to 07-44-56 accounts too for receive and send(£10 only).
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/faster_payments/default.htm

Woah, !!!!!!? I thought 07-44-56 was phased out years ago in favour of 07-01-16.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure