Faster Payments System FPS - Current state of play

Options

Comments

• blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    Halifax do seem to be having a problem with FP tonight. For the first time since FP started with Halifax, I've been told that my payment will go by BACS. I cancelled it and will try again in the morning, as they are normally very good, so I expect it's just a short-term glitch.

Payments from my A&L account to my Halifax account showed up instantly over the past couple of days - but a payment sent before 8am today still isn't showing on either system *sigh*

Shouldn't have allowed myself to get my hopes up, I suppose...
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Made a series of test payments out from Nationwide sort code 07-02-46 today (31/03/09) and was able to make these as Faster Payments for amounts up to and including £10.00 (but a slightly larger payment went by BACS).. So that must be the 'testing' stage they are at!
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    456789 wrote: »
    Yeah it is a joke - even on the phone you can't always get FP as they have limits to how many they can send per day or something....

Defeat rationing by calling as soon as they open? :laugh:
    What would William Shatner do?
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    Made a series of test payments out from Nationwide sort code 07-02-46 today (31/03/09) and was able to make these as Faster Payments for amounts up to and including £10.00 (but a slightly larger payment went by BACS).. So that must be the 'testing' stage they are at!

Barclays/HSBC/Natwest were operating in this fashion in the run up to May 2008, so I'd guess that Nationwide are going to be on-time for June 2009.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2009 at 9:22PM
    Options
    Reports that Abbey accounts (Maybe not all sortcodes) can receive FPS payments now! Still no word on Cahoot or on sending FPS.

Cheers, Des.
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays/HSBC/Natwest were operating in this fashion in the run up to May 2008, so I'd guess that Nationwide are going to be on-time for June 2009.

Although they have changed their web site and it now says:

Nationwide has chosen to introduce the service gradually throughout 2008-2009 to ensure that we maintain the highest levels of customer service.

How many times are they doing to move the goalposts, eh?
  • DesG
    Options
    UPDATE: MBNA receiving FPS payments

Payments before 4pm M-F will be credited to your account same day, after 4pm or on WE/BH will be credited next working day, and will appear on your statement the following day.

Cheers, Des.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DesG wrote: »
    UPDATE: MBNA receiving FPS payments

Payments before 4pm M-F will be credited to your account same day, after 4pm or on WE/BH will be credited next working day, and will appear on your statement the following day.

Cheers, Des.

Don't get my hopes up , I saw the thread update, and I thought that Nationwide were finally rolling out faster payments ... :rotfl:
  • DesG
    Options
    I have given up waiting on Cahoot, Nationwide, A&L and Halifax to get their acts together and opened up a first direct account, moving everything over now. I'll still leave Nationwide account open for foreign usage.

Cheers, Des.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a daily limit from Smile to other accounts featuring FP's? I did a test with a small amount just to check I had set the transfer up correctly and it was there within an hour, so today I transferred a three figure amount and Smile told me it would take three days to get there?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure