Faster Payments System FPS - Current state of play

Options

Comments

• DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting figures there, I notice there were 213M BACS payments in December too.

With SO's I just havn't seen people asking questions about FPS and SO's, I suppose there is no urgency with Standing orders really, you set it up and forget about it.

Cheers, Des.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DesG wrote: »
    I suppose there is no urgency with Standing orders really, you set it up and forget about it.

Cheers, Des.

Possibly not? I would hazard that a lot are set to arrive by specific dates (eg people who mistrust DDs). So if they are now arriving early ... people may wish to adjust the date back a couple of days?

But (the only SOs I have are internal transfers ... so have always been immediate) the absence of any real information is probably inhibiting people taking advantage of the FP benefit. I don't know if it shows on Statements as FP? Even if it does - the stop/go that a lot of people are experiencing with FP generally, may make them unduly cautious of moving the date back and risking a late payment.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Update:

Added £85/£25 limit on co-op payments.

Moved HBOS to Getting There category.

(Criteria for moving from Failure to Getting There: Can receive FPS, can send multiple FPS immediate payments of at least £1000. Unless anyone disagrees?)

Cheers, Des.
  • atlantis187
    Options
    How much can u send through this FPS as tonight I tranfered £1500 from lloydstsb to first direct account and the girl on the phone said it would take about 3/4 days to go thru. She said the FPS amount changes each day and there is no way of telling how much u can send on a particualr day thru this system.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    How much can u send through this FPS as tonight I tranfered £1500 from lloydstsb to first direct account and the girl on the phone said it would take about 3/4 days to go thru. She said the FPS amount changes each day and there is no way of telling how much u can send on a particualr day thru this system.

It's dependent on the bank. Lloyds is just a joke with regards to FPS.
  • dougz_2
    dougz_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update to the first post: HSBC are accepting FPS for their credit cards as well.
    Are you sure? Is it not still as it used to be that they calculate interest as if the repayment had arrived same day, but, the card balance is not actually updated until it clears a few working days later?
  • TheLastMinute
    Options
    I received my Nationwide FlexAccount statement today. Enclosed with it was small leaflet explaining the Faster Payments system and confirming that they will be introducing FP from Spring 09 and "plan" to have all FlexAccounts enabled by June 2009.

I hope this deadline doesn't slip again as I have been seriously considering changing my bank due to lack of Faster Payment - time will tale!

TLM
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    See Coventry BS here . Don't know myself if it's true....
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    agsnu wrote: »

Seconded as true.

They use a HSBC sort code number.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure