Thomas Cook Complaint

Options
I've has an open complaint with Thomas Cook for 5 months now (I won't bore you with the details) but I just can't get a responsefrom them. Ive sent numerous emails and letters to their customer relations department and all I get is a standard reply email saying, we are looking into your complaint and will respond soon. I just don't feel 5 months is an acceptable length of time for a complaint to be ongoing.

I wondered if anyone has the name and contact address for the managing director or an email address for someone with a bit of clout as I am just tired of the whole thing now but at the same time I don't want to give up as I'm sure thats why they are stringing it out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• sloppychops
    sloppychops Posts: 6,742 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try
    ROS FERNIHOUGH

She is a travel law solicitor and can be contacted on 01922 705134.She has helped many members of the Holiday Truths website and she will give you free advice.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Report them to ABTA; they are members and are in breach of the ABTA code of conduct. Under the ABTA rules they have to acknowledge your complaint within 14 working days, and give you a full response within 28 working days!

http://www.abta.com/consumer-services/travel_problems
  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    suziedoc wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply but when I googled Thomas Holtrop is said he quit and now a man called Manny Fontenla-Novoa is the CEO, but having their email format is very useful, I'm going to try putting in the new guys name, hopefully that will work!!!

Manny is based in the UK office in Peterborough, his email address will end in thomascook.com not sure what the rest of it will be.

As bagand96 says they are in breach of ABTA regulations regarding the response time for complaints, I also think you should report them for that
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

• dwileflunker
    Options
    Engadine wrote: »
    Manny is based in the UK office in Peterborough, his email address will end in thomascook.com not sure what the rest of it will be.

As bagand96 says they are in breach of ABTA regulations regarding the response time for complaints, I also think you should report them for that

Thomas Cook email addresses are first and second name with a dot in the middle. ie. [EMAIL="john.smith@thomascook.com"]john.smith@thomascook.com[/EMAIL]. (apologies to all John Smiths') Sorry don't know how you'll go on with an hyphenated name.
    Age & Treachery Will Always Overcome Youth & Enthusiasm !!

Remember a Whisper is greater than a Shout!
  • stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    suziedoc wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply but when I googled Thomas Holtrop is said he quit and now a man called Manny Fontenla-Novoa is the CEO, but having their email format is very useful, I'm going to try putting in the new guys name, hopefully that will work!!!

Manny is the main man but don't hold your breath my friend went on holiday in may and is still awaiting a proper reply the complaints dept is very short staffed and as long as they keep sending letters saying its being dealt with they are complying with regulations.
    p.s. she works for tc
  • suziedoc_2
    Options
    Yeah, the seem to be a complete nightmare. I just can't understand how any company can get away with taking 5 months to respond to a complaint. They certainly know how to make a meal of something :)
  • rubio
    Options
    My claim dates back to 2004 and I'm finding the staff unhelpful and arrogant. They won't provide me with an email address for anyone at the complaints office either.

Can anyone give me (us) the exact email contact for: Manny Fontenla-Novoa - the CEO. I've tried using four different ways to no success.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you been corresponding for 5 years? You do realise that all your legal rights relating to an alleged breach of contract will expire next year? I think I should tell them you are issuing proceedings, at this stage I suspect they have realised that if they keep you waiting a little longer, any rights you had will have expired
  • rubio
    Options
    Thanks very much for that information! I was the victim of a robbery on holiday in 2004, and they are denying they ever received my claim form and receipts. I now live outside of the UK, but fortunately have discovered copies of some of the paperwork and receipts involved, except for the police report. I intend now to re-send them the required documentation and follow your helpful advice, along with mention of writing to the CEO and going to the press. Any further advice is most welcome!
  • wilko118118
    Options
    You cannot send any email to any staff member who works for thomas cook so dont waste your time. they have there own internal email system which rejects emails from outside it. (Apart from agents obvs).

The correct complaints procedure with them is to take a written letter of your complaint with full details to where you booked it -the agent will then personally write a covering letter and fax it off. You will be contacted within 28days and then your complaint will be delt with in a further 28days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure