We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Traybakes

1…89111314…19

Comments

  • jlwhite
    jlwhite Posts: 121 Forumite
    I am trying to make a homemade version of Nature Valley's Crunchy Granola Bars. Does anyone have a good recipe for a crunchy granola bar without nuts (only disliked, not allergy), I'm sure this would be a traybake.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi jlwhite,

    This thread has some recipes that might help:

    granola bars?

    Pink
  • jlwhite
    jlwhite Posts: 121 Forumite
    I did see those ones when I was searching through earlier but they all have nuts in, I will try tweeking the recipes myself but thought someone might know some secret recipe that was the sames as the Nature Valley bars!!:rolleyes:

    I'll let you know if I do manage to create something amazing!!:D :D:D
  • traciekan
    traciekan Posts: 68 Forumite
    large block of choc melted add tin of condensed milk ( keep some back to lick out!) and a pack of biscuits ginger biscuit size about half a pack digestives. could also use nice, shortbread, rich tea, put them in a plastic bag and bash them into little bits with a rolling pin! great fun add to choc and cond milk then put in tray and chill. i put clingfilm in tray first to make taking out easier. cut into small pieces as its very rich. been making this for 30 yrs!! eek
  • mudgekin
    mudgekin Posts: 514 Forumite
    Hi All

    I hope someone can help me out here. I need to make 3 traybakes for Saturday. My SiL kindly offered my services for a charity coffee morning and put my name down for 3 :eek:

    I'm lost for ideas and recipies and I know that I did see a thread here a while back with some yummy recipies but for the life of me I can't find them. I am working late for the next 3 days and wont get home till after 8 after leaving at 6am each day so I really need things that I can make in a couple of hours on Friday night so they are cool for Saturday.

    heeeeeeeeeeeelp
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,676
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Flapjack, shortbread are my standbys
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,676
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Marshmallow crispy cake, flapjack and shortbread
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • mudgekin
    mudgekin Posts: 514 Forumite
    Thank you for coming through as always. I knew I could count on the OS gang:beer:
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi mudgekin,

    I'll add your thread to the previous one on traybakes now to keep the ideas together.

    Pink
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.